Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, but the difference is that previous games were heavily stylized, plus the colors were meant to reflect the Gyaru fashion.

And while Strive is still stylized, Nago is unambiguosly black, hence, SF Strive doesn't have colors that drastically change the skin color like previous game

And because of that, now idiots are trying to claim that Ramlethal and Giovanna are also meant to be black.

This isn't directed at you specifically just a general comment to those arguments.

I don't care. Strive is also heavily stylized.They made those characters tons of colors, every color you can think of. You're late to the boat if a little Nago mod gets your underoos in a wad. 

Edited by RSG3
Just now, RSG3 said:

This isn't directed at you specifically just a general comment to those arguments.

I don't care. They made those characters tons of colors, every color you can think of. You're late to the boar if a little Nago mod gets your underoos in a was. 

You know what is the worst thing, is that by that kind of mentality people who like the pos wouldn't get nice colors on Strive, like a Nago that looks like a pale Vampire, because that is problematic in the eys of the refinery of stupidity that is twatter.

29 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i know  rams colors are based on the original valentine and giovanna is from brazil so basically 

Yeah, but the majority of brazilians are not black.

Dark skin =/=black, specially if the context is brazil and by extent latin america.

There are plenty of ethnic groups that have dark skin.

Hell, that pic you are putting there, with that quote is referring to natives and not blacks, since they were not introduced on Brazil until way later by the portuguese conquistadors on the 1700s

Edited by Hecatom
55 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah, but the majority of brazilians are not black.

Dark skin =/=black, specially if the context is brazil and by extent latin america.

There are plenty of ethnic groups that have dark skin.

Hell, that pic you are putting there, with that quote is referring to natives and not blacks, since they were not introduced on Brazil until way later by the portuguese conquistadors on the 1700s

oh i wasn't implying gio is black i generally count Brazilians as their own thing i guess.

hence the term afro-Brazilian and such

a lot of us in the black community are just quick claim cool looking characters with dark skin. hell my cousin will claim game and watch whenever he starts beating people's ass with him.

Edited by nickmanx5

World Of Warcraft Removing Inappropriate References To 'Rebuild Trust' In Wake of Lawsuit

Details are vague, but it's safe to assume references to creative director Alex Afrasiabi are being pulled

Blizzard has promised to remove content “not appropriate for” World of Warcraft, likely in response to in-game references to creative director Alex Afrasiabi. This announcement comes after a short period of silence following the publication of a California state lawsuit against the company, which alleges Activision Blizzard fostered a pervasive environment of harassment against its female employees.

“The past days have been a time of reflection for the World of Warcraft team, spent in conversation and contemplation, full of sadness, pain, and anger, but also hope and resolve,” the statement says. “As we heed the brave women who have come forward to share their experiences, we stand committed to taking the actions necessary to ensure we are providing an inclusive, welcoming, and safe environment both for our team and for our players in Azeroth.”

Afrasiabi was named in the suit as a particularly heinous offender in the Activision Blizzard corporate structure. His office was allegedly nicknamed the “Crosby Suite” (likely a typo in the lawsuit, for “Cosby”) in reference to the sexual assault charges against actor Bill Cosby.

The suit reads:

During a company event (an annual convention called Blizz Con) Afrasiabi would hit on female employees, telling them he wanted to marry them, attempting to kiss them, and putting his arms around them. This was in plain view of other male employees, including supervisors, who had to intervene and pull him off female employees. Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the “Crosby Suite” after alleged rapist Bill Crosby. Afrasiabi would also call females derogatory names at company events. Afrasiabi’s conduct was known to Blizzard Entertainment’s executives, who took no effective remedial measures. J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard Entertainment, allegedly had multiple conversations with Afrasiabi about his drinking and that he had been “too friendly” towards female employees at company events but gave Afiasiabi a slap on the wrist (ie. verbal counseling) in response to these incidents.

It remains unclear what Afrasiabi’s status is at Activision Blizzard or what steps the company has taken in response to his alleged actions, especially with today’s statement not mentioning him by name.

57 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m honesty surprised they haven’t shit down every mobile game available outside of Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia Lost as those are the only two games that actually provide profits worth mentioning for Nintendo. 

How is Mario Kart mobile not printing money when it's so successful on Switch?

Mario Kart Tour is doing fine

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/mario-kart-tour-exceeds-200m-in-lifetime-revenue-4170421/

It's still getting updates and they show up in my feed.  I just don't post them up cause it's mobile.

Also Animal Crossing Pocket Camp got a boost in revenue when New Horizons got released

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/asia/news/73298/animal-crossing-pocket-camp-150-million-usd-lifetime-revenue/

I'm pretty sure it's died down now and I haven't seen any updates on that game show up in my feed.

Sonic Mania being 1.99 on Steam is kind of hard to pass up.  I really don't neeeeeed to have it playable on another platform....BUUUUUT at that price it's kind of like a why not?  Also that Sonic Racing Transformed Collection...hmmmmmm....*strokes chin*

Vids:

Spoiler

I wasn't sure if this was real...but it kind of is?  Apparently you can vote on Twitter.  This is also a cross promotion with Free Guy....if that wasn't obvious.

Also Halo is streaming a Technical Preview for Infinite right now

Extra

This Activision-Blizzard thing is a fucking coaster.

Greg Street, a former employee at Blizzard and a current employee at Riot Games, recently talked about Blizzard and how he should have done more when he was there in a long thread recently.

All fine until this post he made years ago came back into view.

Don’t know what the response was like in 2013, but it’s getting a lot of attention now because of this.

Under a spoiler due to length.

Spoiler

image0.jpg

So it turns out that Street was part of the ‘Cosby Suite’ and may have participated in the abuse during his employment at Blizzard. And apparently Riot is having a similar problem as well in regards to harassment. Disgusting behavior.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

This Activision-Blizzard thing is a fucking coaster.

Greg Street, a former employee at Blizzard and a current employee at Riot Games, recently talked about Blizzard and how he should have done more when he was there in a long thread recently.

All fine until this post he made years ago came back into view.

Don’t know what the response was like in 2013, but it’s getting a lot of attention now because of this.

Under a spoiler due to length.

Hide contents

image0.jpg

So it turns out that Street was part of the ‘Cosby Suite’ and may have participated in the abuse during his employment at Blizzard. And apparently Riot is having a similar problem as well in regards to harassment. Disgusting behavior.

Seriously what is wrong with these dudes? And to post that shit too how are you that dumb and some how employed in positions of influence?

From what little I've played, Contra Returns isn't bad for what it is, but it's disappointing that they don't take those assets and make a real game with them. If they did, I'm sure people would eat it up. 

Seems like Konami is realizing they aren't going to be able to swim in the AAA market. They have big franchises, but those franchises aren't going to sell CoD/GoW numbers and they still will have to have big budgets to get the games made. Why spend millions making a AAA game and have it potentially break even when you can make a gacha game for a fraction of that and have it print money if you do it right? 

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

From what little I've played, Contra Returns isn't bad for what it is, but it's disappointing that they don't take those assets and make a real game with them. If they did, I'm sure people would eat it up. 

Seems like Konami is realizing they aren't going to be able to swim in the AAA market. They have big franchises, but those franchises aren't going to sell CoD/GoW numbers and they still will have to have big budgets to get the games made. Why spend millions making a AAA game and have it potentially break even when you can make a gacha game for a fraction of that and have it print money if you do it right? 

This mentality that some major companies have that they gotta put out a big budget $60/$70 kills me.  Like they can't just make a good game and have it be priced accordingly.   Sega just seems to be figuring that out what with Sonic Mania and SoR4, I'm just waiting for the other companies to start wising up that they just have a small team do something slightly experimental/not super expensive and still make decent profit on it while they're have the bigger stuff cooking in the background.  Konami doesn't even have to try to make a huge budget title, if they announced a new Castlevania and it was $20/$30 digital release first (and it was actually good with people who cared about that IP...which I'm not even sure Konami has at this point) then I'd be down to buy that.  I think most people would...hell Bloodstained PROVED this.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Activision just needs to be razed to the ground.  Fuck them. They can fuck all the way off 

Yeah, but in this case, isn't the whole crap from the Blizzard side?

And for what it seems, it even comes from before they merged with Activision, so if anything, what needs to be razed to the ground is Blizzard.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This mentality that some major companies have that they gotta put out a big budget $60/$70 kills me.  Like they can't just make a good game and have it be priced accordingly.   Sega just seems to be figuring that out what with Sonic Mania and SoR4, I'm just waiting for the other companies to start wising up that they just have a small team do something slightly experimental/not super expensive and still make decent profit on it while they're have the bigger stuff cooking in the background.  Konami doesn't even have to try to make a huge budget title, if they announced a new Castlevania and it was $20/$30 digital release first (and it was actually good with people who cared about that IP...which I'm not even sure Konami has at this point) then I'd be down to buy that.  I think most people would...hell Bloodstained PROVED this.

Way Forward already made them a stellar Contra game (one that surely would have done way better on consoles than on the DS, especially once digital distribution made titles like that more viable), Arc System Works made them a great game that was gimped by the naming and the out of place aesthetic- either of those companies would surely be up for it again. Inti Creates and Yacht Club would be my next go-to developers.  

Edited by Camacho