Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Guys, guys, GUUUUUYYYYSS!!!

@Abbachio

@YourFavGrandpa

@RSG3

I was browsing the eShop and saw Gleylancer is releasing on the 15th of this month for a cool $6.99!!

Reveal hidden contents

Pleasedontbeabadportpleasedontbeabadportpleasedontbeabadport

Sailor Moon Reaction GIF

Looking at the publisher's release history I doubt they'll put much care into it but hopefully it's good.

So there are no lives in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania but it keeps count of how many fall outs you get in SMB1 Casual stages I got 39 MF fall outs! stages 10 and 13 can eat a BAG of nutscaks. Overall, I am greatly enjoying the game. I'm liking the new music but it sucks that the original music is locked behind a paywall.

I finally watched the Sora reveal trailer. God that shit was cringe as hell. Super circle jerk-ish.

It came across like everyone in the smash roster finally found god or something. Like everyone’s lives are now worth living with them accepting Kingdom Hearts into their lives.  

It’s fucking gross. I’m glad I stopped giving a shit about KH once Dream Drop Distance ruined the fucking series 

Edited by iStu X
34 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I finally watched the Sora reveal trailer. God that shit was cringe as hell. Super circle jerk-ish.

It came across like everyone in the smash roster finally found god or something. Like everyone’s lives are now worth living with them accepting Kingdom Hearts into their lives.  

It’s fucking gross. I’m glad I stopped giving a shit about KH once Dream Drop Distance ruined the fucking series 

Sakurai said in the presentation after that Sora was the #1 most requested character in their polls so that's probably why

heh, I'm so far behind on that game... last time I played it at all, Joker from Persona was the latest dlc character.

Diablo 3---it called out to my soul once again; I hadn't finished the season challenges yet on the Switch version, so I got more of that done just a little while ago...only #4 challenges yet now....a fresh level 70 Necro so he only has an incomplete Trag'Oul set at the moment.  I look forward to when I get around to playing a necromancer in D2 later for sure, though Druid is set as the first character.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

It came across like everyone in the smash roster finally found god or something. Like everyone’s lives are now worth living with Sora finally gracing the series 

fucking gross. 

listen man sometimes you find jesus and sometimes he finds you with the power of disney.

he hasn't found me yet tho prob because of my nhentai account.

For the Sora reveal I thought it was going to be Tabuu (Smash Brawl final boss who has a kick ass theme btw) because the characters being trophies, then I thought Demon Souls/Dark Souls because the fire looked like a fire pit, then seeing the mickey key chain it was Sora.

I still think Terry has the best smash reveal trailer.

4 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Sakurai saying you need commitment to play the Kingdom Hearts games. And all those spin-offs are part of the lore? Nah, son. Don't think I can.

dean winchester jumping out the window GIF

Some of them only really add a bit to the lore and it's clear how important some of the games are to the lore by how they've been treated in the collections.  So 1, CoM, 2, BBS, 3D and 3 are the most important.  Coded you can just glance over a synopsis and though 358/2 has few important elements to it, just watching the cutscenes is enough which is pretty much why it's been relegated to such in the collection and Melody of Memory you can read a synopsis over.  It's still a lot but you don't absolutely need to play everything.  Hell you could cut out CoM and read that over to especially if you're not into card based gameplay but you definitely need to at least know about it to put 2 into context.

41 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I heard he was a terrible guy

He was. The guy is a nationalist. He was in support in burying the war crimes committed by imperial Japan and refusing to knowledge the women those soldiers raped and held prisoner to relieve their stress. There was a name for them that escapes me right now. 

The guy held some disgusting beliefs and downright dumb business practices

August NPD 2021

https://venturebeat.com/2021/09/14/august-2021-npd-ghost-of-tsushima-returns-to-dominate-august-game-sales/

Somehow missed this a few weeks ago...might have been cause I was busy packing up my house.

For Hardware:

Switch was the top platform in terms of units while PS5 was the top platform in terms of dollar sales.  After 10 months apparently PS5 is still on mark to be the fastest selling Playstation Platform in history.

Software:

Some highlights first, Dat Madden took top spot for the month (this is despite the negative things I've seen show up in my feed for the game) but the GoTsu so a resurgance to hit allll the way to #2 with the release of the director's cut and Last of Us 2 jumped back up to #10 on PS's chart...for reasons I'm not sure of.

Top 20 for the month: Dat Madden 21, GoTsu, CoD Blops CW, Humankind (PC exclusive title cracked top 10 that's pretty crazy), Miles Morales, MK8D, LoZ:SS (oh it's still in top 10?), Minecraft, Ass Creed Valhalla, MLB The Show 21, Smash Ult (sales prob will spike this month), CoD MW 2019, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, AC:NH, Pokemon Sw/Sh, MK11 (still going!), SM3DW+BF, LoZ: BotW, Mario Golf: Super Rush (drop from 6 previous month), Super Mario Party.

Year to date top 10: CoD Blops CW, MLB 21, RE Village, Dat Madden 22, SM3DW+BF, Miles Morales, MK8D, MH: Rise, Minecraft, Ass Creed: Valhalla

top 10 last 12 months: CoD Blops CW, Ass Creed Valhalla, Dat Madden 21, Miles Morales, SM3DAS, NBA 2K21, Marvel's Avengers, AC:NH, MK8D, FIFA 21

top 10 Nintendo: MK8D (Jesus...), LoZ: SS (oh ok...I see why it's where it is above now), Smash Ult, AC: NH, Pokemon Sw/Sh, SM3DW+BF, LoZ:BotW, Mario Golf: Super Rush, Super Mario Party, Minecraft.

top 10 Sony: Dat Madden 21, GoTsu, Miles Morales, CoD Blops CW, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, MLB 21, Ass Creed Valhalla, Minecraft, CoD MW 2019, LoU2

top 10 M$: Dat Madden 21, CoD Blops CW, Ass Creed: Valhalla, CoD:MW 2019, Flight Simulator 2020, It Takes Two, Forza Horizon 4, Marvel's Avengers, Minecraft, MK11.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Some of them only really add a bit to the lore and it's clear how important some of the games are to the lore by how they've been treated in the collections.  So 1, CoM, 2, BBS, 3D and 3 are the most important.  Coded you can just glance over a synopsis and though 358/2 has few important elements to it, just watching the cutscenes is enough which is pretty much why it's been relegated to such in the collection and Melody of Memory you can read a synopsis over.  It's still a lot but you don't absolutely need to play everything.  Hell you could cut out CoM and read that over to especially if you're not into card based gameplay but you definitely need to at least know about it to put 2 into context.

I played a bit of Kingdom Hearts 1 but never got back into it. But Chain of Memories? That is the only KH game I played to completion and I really enjoyed that one.

Ok I'm about to say something that I've been holding back an opinion on for a minute...Nickelodeon all star brawl's animation on attacks mostly look uninspired, mediocre at best and need work.  I've been feeling this way about the game since probably about 2-3 weeks from the initial announcement trailer and each subsequent trailer has not eased my concern regarding this and has infact continued to deepen my concern on this.  There's barely any anticipation on any of the attacks and and some of them are really fucking hard to read probably because of the former reasoning.  Half the time characters are doing attacks and I can't even tell what the fuck they're doing for the attack.   Almost every attack feels super samey and there's not really enough oomph to them.  It's been killing my interest in playing this game cause I'm sure it's fun in short bursts but I have a super strong feeling that this game is not going to be around long if it isn't improved.  Melee people are fucking cumming their pants but cause the game has WAAAAAVE DASSSHINNGG and they're going to try to push this game like hell I know they gotta be kidding themselves on this and they're going to be in denial.   I would not be surprised if Sugarpunch did a video on this game's animation and there was a video I was listening to that pretty much mirrored my concerns regarding the game.  Glad the game exists and I was thinking about picking it up in the beginning but I've decided I'm probably not going to purchase it because I have a feeling they aren't going to do anything to address my problems with it.  /end 2 cents/take