Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

sheeeittt, I'm doubting I will ever be good at this damn Back 4 Blood game... basically everyone is doing far better than me on any map in campaign.... and the odd thing is I'm not *that* awful in other shooter type games.  

It seems like I have more of a chance to have a good time in Swarm Mode though... I'll take advantage of any cheap tactics I can there, of course...it oddly enough seems like I have more of a chance there, since it's all human players against + regular common zombies. (in Campaign, the AI can just spawn a special zombie type literally right behind you, and there's nothing you can really do about that because it's just pure cheap bs)  It's already noticeable that as the fat zombie that can puke ("Reeker" class), you can just spew the toxic vomit from a safe distance and easily do your part in fucking over the survivor team.  First chance I get to spend mutation points, I'm always going offense to keep buffing the puke attack as much as I can....and just like the "bloater" from L4D, even if they kill you, if it's fairly close then your death explodes more shit all over them. 😆

Nitpick---I'd agree with others saying that so far, these new characters don't seem to have the personality and general chemistry with each other compared to the cast of Left 4 Dead.

oh yeah I originally came here to post this new ARPG that instantly caught my attention, thanks to this channel:

That's looking like something I need to get day 1 so far... as usual I'm hoping for the Switch port

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

If Nintendo can prove Kotakus article aided in a loss of sales for either the game or systems by pointing people to piracy sources or even just encouraging peopme to pirate give Nintendo a case. 

So even just saying it runs well on emulators could gove them a case if they can show it lead to a loss in some way. 

Time to go to twatter, tag Nintendo and kotaku and thanks kotaku for pointing the way with pics of me playing the game on pc then 😂

If they posted links to actual pirated software nintendo will have a case and will be able to do something.  If not, they don't have shit.  There is absolutely no way nintendo can prove they lost sales because of that article.  I know y'all love nintendo and hate hotaku but come on, lets be realistic here.

Edit - I was talkin' to someone the other day and he said something like "but you cant steal that game and play it.".  I said some game looked kinda cool, that was his response.  You know, pickin' on me cause I pirate...its common thing.  So I asked him "how many games have you bought this year?".  He told me and then I told him how many I've bought this year.  To his ultimate surprise I've bought just as many games this year as him.  I've just also pirated a lot too.  I like to try every game.  EVERY GAME.  I don't have the money for that so I pirate.  I try games and I buy the ones that I complete or get at least half way through.  When they are on sale.  I will never pay 50 or 60 bucks for a game again.  Even 40 is stretching it.

I do like to do videos of games and I encourage people to buy the games if they think they look fun or whatever.  Thats why I do the vids...so people can get a fast look at the gameplay of a game without someone talking and having the game volume down real low.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
On 10/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, Faltimar the Dark said:

Physical is really just pointless now.  Its a archaic collectors thing.  Cause the reality is is that I could load up a storage drive with digital games and sell that to whoever for money if I wanted to.  Would it be legal.  No, not really but who gives a shit?  

If it was only that easy. You have to hack the console first, sometimes you also have to crack each and every game file.
You can't even use one Micro SD card from one Switch to the other without reformatting the SD Card first. And then you got to redowload the games.

Also even if you have the game downloaded, its not yours. Remember what Konami did with that P.T. Silent Hill Demo, they forcibly made it where no one can use their demo download. Only solution was before they forced the update that broke the Demo, you had to have your PS4 disconnected and off line from the network. Nintendo and Xbox can easily do the same shady shit. 

Physical copies are just important now as ever. There been games that were delisted from the e Shops with the ability to redownload gone. We seen it with certain PS3 and Xbox 360 games, we see it with the DSi, Wii, Wii U and 3DS. Those digital games, if not already downloaded are gone. Look at Spore, that game is completely unplayable now unless you can duplicate the server it required to connect to. 

Only 2 e Stores even allow you to make backups of your downloads, GOG and Steam. And that assuming the game don't require an authentication server to play.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, Faltimar the Dark said:

Motherfuckers are shooting up schools and walking or beating up fools and having the beat up person go to jail.  Fuck I give a shit about selling some digital games that are cracked. 

False equivalence, plus it's irrelevant. 

On 10/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, PVL_93_RU said:

Kingdom Hearts,

KH is a property of Disney not Square, so don't expect Sora to reappear in future installments. 

But if you buy these games in digital form you should always have them.  Cause you can back them up.  Wait, im talkin' PC here mostly cause I dont play on console other than PS3 and Vita.  And with those 3 nothing can be taken from me that I've downloaded and I can always play all the games I have.  Nothing can stop me. 

P.S.  You can back up any steam game you have just by going to its install folder and copy and paste that folder elsewhere.  Game is now backed up.

Edit - My PS3 for instance.  I cant even get online with it cause it needs to be updated.  But I have no reason to access PSN on it cause its not needed.  I dont use PSN to download games and all my games come in a .pkg file so they dont even have to stay on my PS3.

2 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Wait, im talkin' PC here mostly cause I dont play on console other than PS3 and Vita.

Try to get Scot Pilgrim, or Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS3 e shop. I will wait.
If you don't already have it downloaded you never get it to. 

3 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Nothing can stop me. 

Till your drive decide to die.

4 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

P.S.  You can back up any steam game you have just by going to its install folder and copy and paste that folder elsewhere.  Game is now backed up.

Steam actually got a built in back up utility that lets you break it up into chucks if you want the game on CD and DVD, with a nice installer.
Copying the folder don't always work as it should. 
GoG lets you download the actual installers. 

6 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

But if you buy these games in digital form you should always have them. 

Should have them, but realty says otherwise.

Also not everyone here is a PC gamer. 

I have scott pilgrim on my ps3 and I can download it right now again if I want to.  without ever having to access psn.  That's the game that turned me to pirating...funny enough.  And, yes, this would be done on my PS3.

I know not everyone here plays on PC, thats why I said "wait, im talkin mostly PC here." or some shit

Also, I dont encourage people to pirate.  I just talk about it cause, its what I do and I'm not ashamed of it.  If someone wants to know how to hack a system or whatevers I have no issue showing them.  Once they want to pirate shit...they gotta go on their own from there.

34 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

If they posted links to actual pirated software nintendo will have a case and will be able to do something.  If not, they don't have shit.  There is absolutely no way nintendo can prove they lost sales because of that article.  I know y'all love nintendo and hate hotaku but come on, lets be realistic here.

I don't think Nintendo needs to prove anything. Kotaku encouraging it's readership to do something illegal and providing the means is all the ammo Nintendo will need to bring legal action. That's all Nintendo needed to bring down R4 and a bunch of rom sites. 

Yeah, and R4 and rom sites were doing actual illegal things.  That article didnt do anything illegal unless they did actually post links to pirated software.  Y'all say they did so they will go down.  I'm not trying to stick up for hintaka because, like I said before, im not even sure what it is.  I think its a news site, I never looked at it.  I'm just being realistic about it. 

edit - katokoo isnt the only one reporting about it running on that emulator...

Kmb65wu.png

This is from an article on wololo.

Also, this - spacer.png

Last of Us Part 2 is on PSNow and my buddy has been telling me I had to play it for months. Downloaded and played the first couple hours. 

So far it's...fine. Absolutely fine🤷‍♀️

I might be wrong, but from a game play standpoint I feel like it's exactly the same as LoU part 1. 

One thing I'll say is (and it's not really a spoiler) Fuck Owen. I don't really know much about the dude, but he's part of a traveling group and takes the time to do his hair? Guy has like perfect second string QB hair all the time. Fucking turd burglar, that guy... 

I started watching each of those videos and then stopped.  What is the point of them?  Just to talk about and kinda ridicule whatever the guy in the video they are watching in the video is doing?  I couldn't get far enough into the video to find out if there was actual useful information there.

I still dont care...right when I get one, and yes I'm getting one cause that shit is the ultimate handheld, I'm opening the sucker up.  Tryin' to tell me its gonna be weaker and more likely to break if I open it.  Fuck outta here steam nerd guy in the sdd removal video, you and your guide dont scare me.

Another gif - spacer.png

I'm enjoying this game.  The furry stuff is a bit strange but I can see past it and enjoy the game for what it is.

1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Just to talk about and kinda ridicule whatever the guy in the video they are watching in the video is doing? 

You didn't watch the Linus video. They mostly praised Valve here.

Ben had the most harsh critiques

2 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Fuck outta here steam nerd guy in the sdd removal video, you and your guide dont scare me.

I going to laugh as you brick your $600+ device.  

12 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I started watching each of those videos and then stopped.  What is the point of them?  Just to talk about and kinda ridicule whatever the guy in the video they are watching in the video is doing?  I couldn't get far enough into the video to find out if there was actual useful information there

The point of them is to provide a deep dive. Provide useful information that the Valve video likely didn't cover or pass over. Like fact that the SSD the steam deck ships with is in a form factor that's not common for costumer M2. M2 being so close to the wi-fi antenna can present potential issues with signal interference should someone still want to replace it. 

8 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Going to resist, my next purchase, unless I can get Cruis'n Blast or Monkey Ball on the cheap is locked into SMT V.

If it helps they posted the wrong ones. Lol. The ones from stories 2 never got a restock. 

the ones from rise did though 

9 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

That thing about form factor and the wifi antenna...it was spoke of in the video they were watching in those videos.  Said takin' it apart could ruin all that.  I didnt need to watch those other videos to get that info. 

Valve tells you about the form factor but doesn't inform you that it's an OEM part. It's not going to be as simple as looking it up on Amazon and getting a replacement. 

As for the antenna, Linus video explains the details of the issue. Just knowing about it isn't going to lead to solutions.

But they did cause he said the M.2 they us is special for that system.  You just tryin' to pull a RSG here?

P.S.  He didnt use the term "OEM" but he didnt need to because I understood what he said very clearly in the original video.  And if you're a slight bit knowledgeable about electronics and their insides you can pick up on these things without having to be told technical terms. 

This wont be the first electronic I've opened up that I was told not to open up.  Every single company will tell you not to open up their electronic device.  They place stickers on the fuckin' things so you will void the warrenty when you open them up.  hmhmhm

The thing these companies dont get is taht once I buy the thing its no longer theirs.  Its mine.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

But they did cause he said the M.2 they us is special for that system.  You just tryin' to pull a RSG here?

P.S.  He didnt use the term "OEM" but he didnt need to because I understood what he said very clearly in the original video.  And if you're a slight bit knowledgeable about electronics and their insides you can pick up on these things without having to be told technical terms. 

This wont be the first electronic I've opened up that I was told not to open up.  Every single company will tell you not to open up their electronic device.  They place stickers on the fuckin' things so you will void the warrenty when you open them up.  hmhmhm

The thing these companies dont get is taht once I buy the thing its no longer theirs.  Its mine.

You are going on a tangent now. You question the point of the reaction video and if there was any helpful information that could be taken from it. The answer is yes. Maybe you should actually watch the thing before going any further.

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

You are going on a tangent now. You question the point of the reaction video and if there was any helpful information that could be taken from it. The answer is yes. Maybe you should actually watch the thing before going any further.

I bet he going to brick his Steam deck

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

But I just argue to argue, he doesn't do that, no sir, just me. He's totally not arguing about videos he didn't watch for the sake of arguing about it even tho his questions where answered. 

Edited by RSG3

This game Circuit Superstars is out of EA now.  I played it a bit when it first hit EA and I played it a bit today.  I like it, its fun and it reminds me of RC Pro AM kinda.  Guess the view cause its not arcadey like.  It is but it isnt.  I dunno...

tGSryWR.png

PsVNK8T.png

a5d9Sjl.png

I really suck at it but I'll get better with some practice.