Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The original game is trash. There's no reason to play it other than historical curiosity. I can respect it for paving the way and being the first but fuck playing it.

I'm not gonna go that far to say OG Metroid is trash.  What I will say is the game is dated.  What probably used to be maybe a 9ish game back then is prob closer to a 7 now.  I wouldn't even suggest it to anyone trying to get into the franchise when Zero Mission exists.

Dungeon Encounters is brutal man. It’s a really fun mix of JRPG/Roguelike/Pen and Paper all mushed into one. And it’s just as unforgiving as it sounds. I only made it to the 6th floor (out of 100) before my entire party got wiped out. 

It’s extremely minimalist in presentation but that’s oddly it’s charm. Plus the combat is surprisingly deep. I’ve been playing it for about 2 days now and still haven’t quite got it down 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Nintendo, they been doing NES and SNES as a free Extra but we have to pay extra for N64 and Genesis?

Pirate the shit

Paying an extra 30 for genesis, n64 and for stand alone dlc that I mat or may not want is a pretty tall order.  If I cared or planed to get that AC dlc stuff anyway then maybe it might not be so bad since at that point you are really paying another $5 for genesis and 64 which ain't bad at all.  Issue with this though is that that's only for one year where that deal is semi reasonable.  You get to next year and you've played everything the ac dlc has to offer then the deal is busted.  

All that said though there might be more to this tier than meets the eye though especially if they are going to potentially include dlc foe certain games in the subscription.  If this is something that they plan to do moving forward than the price may not be that bad...but we don't at the moment.  Personally gonna wait since I'm in the camp that I'd be paying 30 more for genesis and n64 and I'm hoping that there is in fact something more to this tier.

My first Metroid was Metroid.  Then all the following games up to Prime.  I didn't finish Prime 2.  I liked them all and thought they were all good.  I dont care to play 1 or 2 anymore, but I like to play Super Metroid every couple/few years.  I'd like to try out Dread but I don't have a Switch and I wont be gettin' one any time soon.  I mean, I could buy the game and play it on yuzu but I don't really wanna do that.  I already have too many games, I don't need to go out of my way to add another one right now.  Some day though...

Think I'm nearly done with F.I.S.T..  I think its a fun game with a few minor flaws.  Nothing that makes me not wanna keep playing.  Got corner trapped once by a boss...that sucked.  Some of the save points are placed oddly.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd definitely recommend this game if you like metroidvania type games.  Though the furry aspect of the game may turn some folk off.  If you can see past that its a great game.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
5 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I'm in the exact same boat. Game is too good.

Some of the items are really tough to get and some I don't even understand how to get at this point.  Makes me wonder if there is something else that I have yet to upgrade or obtain yet (don't want to know if there is something else either so don't let me know!).

Edited by purbeast

damn I was about to get into some quality game-time, but I see DC Fandome is happening, and of course youtube channels everywhere are covering it....always something else competing so hard for my attention...sheeeittt, I could still just play switch-version D3 though....yeah that's the plan then....

this is crazy...at least 4 channels I'm a fan of are all covering this shit live!  there's no way to keep up with all this 😆

One of those is Jody's Corner... 

wooooo TIFFANY goddamn SMITH...I'd eat the hell out of that

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If Nintendo included pretty much all their 1st party games on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, GC, and some good Genesis stuff, would you guys pony up the $50 for that? 

I answered in the Switch thread that if they added 3DS games I'd consider it. But I also want to add that they would need to include online parties for voice chat, too.

7 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I answered in the Switch thread that if they added 3DS games I'd consider it. But I also want to add that they would need to include online parties for voice chat, too.

I never had a 3ds so I'd probably pony up for that too. They really have so much they could do with all those old games, hopefully they start building either an online library or offering them for sale at reasonable prices 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Posted this in the Switch thread, but I'm curious: 

If Nintendo included pretty much all their 1st party games on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, GC, and some good Genesis stuff, would you guys pony up the $50 for that? 

I don't think that this will be worth it. For $50 I also expect deeper discounts on sales like PS+. I do plan to get a Switch eventually, but not just for retro games.

Edited by Jurassic

Ezra Miller must've been trollin' just now...this guy shows up at DC Fandome wearing a choker.   Is that really just an amusing coincidence?  Remember this is the guy that was shown on camera choking a woman 🤣 (*and WB is apparently ok with that, I guess...amazing what one can apparently get away with when you happen to be part of a certain special community.)

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Jurassic said:

I don't think that this will be worth it. For $50 I also expect deeper discounts on sales like PS+. I do plan to get a Switch eventually, but not just for retro games.

I just canceled the renewal for my NSO account. If this is how they are going to be going forwards, I don't want to use NSO inferior services. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:
They really have so much they could do with all those old games, hopefully they start building either an online library or offering them for sale at reasonable prices 

I rather they sold individual titles like the Wii did with the VC than a subscription service. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
No because emulators

Emulation, FPGA, Flash Carts, ect. 

Edited by DarkSakul
Nintendon't

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This honestly. I'd really rather just have the Virtual Console back and buy these games and always have them whenever I want. The whole game app thing is kinda fucking lame honestly. 

Also you have to get the Expansion Pack if you want the Animal Crossing DLC. WTF?

At $50 per year, NSO better run like PSN and XBL does now. 
NSO runs like PSN did in 2006. 

51 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This honestly. I'd really rather just have the Virtual Console back and buy these games and always have them whenever I want. The whole game app thing is kinda fucking lame honestly. 

They make more if everyone pays for the whole thing rather than cherry picking games, which I understand from their perspective, but let's be honest, most of us aren't going to play most of the games in those emu packs outside of maybe trying them out. 

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Posted this in the Switch thread, but I'm curious: 

Personally, for the GC and GBA games, yes. But what they are offering right now is a slap in the face and I am already paying for the family plan due to family. 

Also I said it on either this or Switch thread, despite my love for N64, I am not paying more then double what I pay now to get to play those games. They NEED to throw in more as I don't believe anyone is that desperate to play old Genesis games or N64 titles unless they go hog wild get unlikely favorites like Perfect Dark, WWE No Mercy, Mischief Makers and one of my personal favorite games on the system Wetrix.

16 minutes ago, Wellman said:

They NEED to throw in more as I don't believe anyone is that desperate to play old

They need Netcode that is not shit, instead of the P2P servers they still using since the DS first came out.
Fix the net code, fix the latency, add text and voice chat (even if it's just Discord integration). I shouldn't have to use my phone with the Discord App to play online on the Switch with friends.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

We live in a world where Microsoft offers a better deal to play old games than Nintendo.

When Microsoft is the Good Guys instead of Nintendo, wow. 
Way to go Nintendon't, You are supposed to go above the low bar, not play Limbo with it.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't play Paladins but I love me some spite

I don't have a problem with "Furry" characters like the Star Fox crew, that FIST game, like anthropomorphic characters are fine with me. The Furry scene weird me out tho. 

With that said I only ever have to "deal" with them when some sperg who can't handle their existance pitches a stupid fit and then grt clowned like this and honestly puts me on the Furry's side. Same as when all the haters where throwing a fit about SonicFox, just made me like the guy cuz his very presence pissed them off. I have my issues with the dude but I'm not out here writing tirades and making petitions about it lo. 

So I'm with you. This is my kind of Spite. If I played Paladins i would buy just for the spite. 

14 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Same here- Artaria and Dairon (and Hanubia if you count that). I'm having a cigar right now but tonight I'll be going through and trying to get more areas cleared to 100 before getting to the final boss fight.

I have Ferenia and can't remember which other one.  I'm like 80% on Durian but I can't even find on the map where I am missing stuff.