Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

ok yeah... Diablo 2... definitely way more difficult than D3.  I just ran into a blue demon that was like twice as fast as me, so there was no possible way to escape...and he follows you from room to room in that dungeon area....and of course he was doing huge damage with each hit, so death was inevitable, basically.  Sheeeitt, my ridiculous D3 characters would've smoked him in 2 seconds.  They're like Goku in comparison.

Edited by MillionX

I have 4/8 100% now and the others are around 80% other than I have one at 66% or something.  Turned it off for the night because I plan on getting the rest tomorrow on my flight if my son is easy.

On one of them though I can't find ANYWHERE on my map where I don't have an item collected and I have the whole map explored.  So I am guessing it's maybe a hidden area that is off the map completely because I noticed on some maps there are areas like that.

I also snagged Flynn: Son of Crimson to play on my flights between Metroid Dread and I still have some expert tours in Cruisin Blast to beat.  I actually am anxious to see how Cruisin Blast looks on the OLED screen.

12 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I think the biggest difference on the OLED to me is the blacks.  Like when the screen is black, it looks like there is no power to it. There is a black loading screen on Cruisin Blast with a wheel spinning in the corner, and it looks like it's completely off other than that.  It's just crazy how crisp it looks.

The nodes ain't on when there's blacks. That's how OLED produces it's deep blacks. 

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

The nodes ain't on when there's blacks. That's how OLED produces it's deep blacks. 

My plasma died like 2-3 years ago and I don't even know what TV I have in my main living room lol.  Basement is projector. 

But on the actual Switch it's super noticeable as far as the black levels go from my OG launch unit compared to the OLED one.

D2----at level 15 though, the difference in my power is already quite noticeable...as is the case in any rpg when you level up and get more abilities.  My werewolf/bear forms last so long at this point they may as well be permanent....it's something silly like 200+ seconds at this point....and even when I run out of time, as mentioned before you can just transform again immediately provided you have enough mana for the transformation.  Only 3 more levels then I can get "fire claws" on the skill-tree.  I'm just going on short-term memory build-wise here so I may look up the video again to be sure I don't mess up what I'm going for here.  In that same dungeon I was in earlier, I kept going and finally died to Andariel...I had run out of those scrolls that let you teleport to town, and I was out of healing potions too.  Since I knew the situation was looking bleak, I unequipped this awesome two-handed sword I had been using, to make sure I wouldn't lose it there....also had some better armor recently found so it was unequipped and "safe" too.....heh, and I've made a habit of stashing any gold once I have a lot.  Unlike D3, you can't afford to be careless in this game.

Borderlands 3--- the Gunner Moze... I can't get enough of this character, folks... her action skill is one of the most ridiculous things in the whole franchise.  It's hilarious how fast the tables turn when I summon that monster.... Moze is the Juggernaut of the game, man.  The enemies don't have a chance; it's great how silly this shit is... that sound of the missile launcher locking onto multiple targets or just multiple times on 1 target is music to my ears....this shit is such overkill.  It's just disgusting. 🤣 A minigun for a right arm, bruh... a homing rocket launcher for a left arm + a bubble energy shield...then it continues to attack on its own even after I eject.  I have her at level 21 right now....just got some great handmedown weapons that were in the bank from my first character Zane.  

Diablo 2--- finally out of Act 1 now; it was kinda cheap that they let me beat Andariel that way; I took a portal back to town to heal up, got more potions...when I came back to that spot, her health was still the same, to my surprise...so it was easy to just finish the job in killing her.

edit---one of the many stupid things of Back 4 Blood---- I was just really in chill mode earlier today with a friend in party chat while playing the game...then I hear a dude in the game with me, though he wasn't in our party chat.  So...for some reason, the default is that you are in the game's chat AND your party chat at the same time....but of course your crew in party chat cannot hear what the people in your game are saying since duh...they aren't in the game with you.  This was highly annoying in how stupid the shit was, man... so right away it was a clash of noise that's hard to follow.....the friend is talking but at the same time people in the game are talking.  There's some things piling up here that are starting to make me regret this purchase.  Quick Warning: If you are primarily a solo player.... DON'T buy this game.  Don't even spend 1 goddamn penny on it.  Save your money and time because the developers apparently decided to shit on the solo experience here so hard that you'd think they have some personal vendetta against solo players.  You don't get "supply points" (the rewards) and don't unlock anything; there is no progression.

Edited by MillionX

I have yet to start Metroid: Dread. I decided I was gonna do a Super Metroid play through. Been years since I played this classic. Uhhhhh, still so dang good! 

I am so happy I held off on buying Tetris Effect on PS4. No doubt I would have loved the game on that system but having it on Switch is heaven. Was playing at the coffee shop next to my job before work the other day and dat HD rumble took me by surprise. I'm also surprised how much I like seeing other players on the in-game global map. Super cool, neat touch.

NPD September 2021

https://venturebeat.com/2021/10/18/september-2021-npd/

Hardware:  PS5 has finally busted the 33 month long Switch streak that has been the case since November of 2018.  PS5 was the highest in units and dollar sales for the month.  PS5 is highest in dollar sales year to date while Switch is still leading in units.  Whether that will remain for this month will be interesting since Dread got released this month as well as Sora being released for Smash.

Software:  Deathloop actually did pretty well  and Sonic Colors Ultimate also charted though it wasn't in top 10.  And despite people shitting on Madden it ended up remaining in the top spot this month.  I really don't get it..."THIS YEAR'S MADDEN IS ASS....*buys it anyway*".  Guess that $60-$70 roster update is too enticing.

Top 20 for September:  Dat Madden 22, FIFA 22, NBA2K22 ( Sports take over!), Tales of Arise (nice!), Diablo II: Resurrected  (looks like the large shit hole they dug was not enough to stifle sales at least for the first month), Deathloop, CoD Blops CW, GoTsu, Miles Morales, Life is Strange: True Colors,  MK8D, Diablo Prime Evil Collection, Sonic Colors Ult, Minecraft, Wario Ware: Get It Together (not bad!),  Ass Creed Valhalla, Smash Ult, AC: NH, CoD:MW, MK11

Top 10 best selling games for the year:  CoD Blops CW, Dat Madden 22, MLB The Show 21, RE: Village, SM3DW+BF, Miles Morales, MK8D, Minecraft, MH: Rise, Ass Creed Valhalla

Top 10 for last 12 months:  CoD: Blops CW, Ass Creed Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dat Madden 22, Dat Madden 21, MK8D, AC: NH, FIFA 21, Minecraft, MLB The Show 21

Top 10 Nintendo: MK8D, Wario Ware: Get It Together, Smash Ult, Diablo II: R  (oh wow...thought it might sell but didn't expect it to chart that high here), AC: NH, Pokemon Sw/Sh, LoZ: SS, LoZ: BotW, SM3DW+BF, Sonic Colors Ult  (really wish Sega hadn't launched this game with the problems, also upon lookingat the other 2 companies charts, looks like sales on the Switch may have been highest and contributed the most to its place in the top 20))

Top 10 Playstation: Dat Madden 22, FIFA 22, NBA 2K22, Deathloop, Tales of Arise, GoTsu, Miles Morales, Diablo II: R, CoD Blops CW, Life is Strange True Colors

Top 10 Xbox: Dat Madden 22, FIFA 22, NBA 2K22, Diablo II: R, CoD Blops CW, Tales of Arise, Diablo Prime Evil Collection, CoD: MW, Ass Creed Valhalla, Life is Strange: True Colors

I forgot The Order 1886 even existed, actually... and it's probably tough to get now since I never got PS4 back when it was easy to buy xbox/playstation systems....haha remember those good ol' days when you could just walk into a store to buy those?  Those were the good times... anyway, I thought the game looked cool, but I was initially put off by so many people saying there was a bit too linear for their taste...like you're just playing a movie.  ...but yeah, at the time, that was definitely the best looking game out by a longshot.  The visuals still look great, imo.

My most anticipated game for now is the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands game... I was just talking about that with a friend the other day; the wait until February/March 2022 to dig into this greatness is miserable already.  I was easily sold---they're giving me the Borderlands formula I enjoy so much but with the fantasy RPG setting and character concepts, like the dlc from B2 several years ago...except it's a whole game now...and it's custom characters.  Yeahhh they had me at hello with that.

10 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

Besides ER.

KOF15, Horizon 2, Dying Light 2, Witch Queen expansion for Destiny 2, Saints Row reboot and etc. You prob don't care about the majority of these but it's a stacked month.

Horizon and Elden at the same time is rooooough. Those are both going to be super time consuming. And then Stranger of Paradise in March too, sheesh.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:09 PM, CDB2k20 said:

DC and WB games stay doing Clark dirty!!

Honestly I feel a Superman game would be hard. Any Superman fan worth their salt knows Superman is at his best when he isn’t being Superman. His appeal isn’t about the powers, unbridled strength, fighting the villain of the week or saving the universe. it’s about his humanity and how we ourselves can be anyones Superman with a little love, compassion and a friendly ear 

Edited by iStu X