Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

10 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Say wha? I haven't been keeping up with this game, so if you would, what's the deal?

To give context, The Great Ace Attorney is a prequel to the Ace Attorney series. It dates back to the late 1800s during the Meiji Restoration and Victorian London. Despite the fact that Japan and the British Empire are to be allies, some of the English look down on them. 

Spoiler

In the case of the first case of the game, it was believed that one of the witnesses couldn’t speak Japanese so they had someone translate for them. Later on, it’s revealed that the witness can speak Japanese just fine. Only refusing to because they find the language vulgar compared to the Queen’s English and believes speaking it means they lowering themselves to their level. The witness also mocks how far behind Japan is technologically compared to Britain.

ohhh yeah I'm addicted to SoR4 Survival mode for sure at the moment... on the current run, I just got a powerup that gave me 3 extra stars, and I already had 2 so I'm up to 5 already, and it's just level 4 right now... I'm tempted to run all of them out on a group to make one huge combo at some point...

hell yeah... level 11 so far; jut got a 40% bonus perk called "closer to the stars" so now I'm back up to 5 stars after using them quite a bit earlier....I have Floyd at the moment with increased walk speed; you get a LOT of interesting perks in this mode...

whoahhhh there's a perk called "Tactical Support" --"Your star move spawns 4 rockets"

Sheet GIF

Edited by MillionX

I unironically love CFE. It’s one of those games that’s so busted and lazy but insanely fun. Like SvC Chaos* or Ivan Ooze mirror matches from the MMPR fighter for SNES

* As someone who has purposely dumped hundreds of hours into SvC: although the top characters are busted they’re actually well balanced when going against each other.

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Bruh. @ 31:07 🤣

Yuuup lmao. Sucks to. I cleared the flaming barrel. If I hadn't gone over the edge I might have fought the Invader or ran to the boss fog and started the Taurus Demon fight. Instead I plugged to my dooooooom. Lmao. 

Today's attempt at sen's fortress was a disaster. Tempted to scrap it and try again but may just upload it for hilarities sake. Was pretty bad lol. 

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yuuup lmao. Sucks to. I cleared the flaming barrel. If I hadn't gone over the edge I might have fought the Invader or ran to the boss fog and started the Taurus Demon fight. Instead I plugged to my dooooooom. Lmao. 

Hey why didn't you go back for your souls after you died? I think they were up on the platform with the treasure chest right before the staircase. Or have you just played the game so much that it's not much of a priority?

Watching you play is making me want to pick it up again and finally beat the gaping dragon and then continue my campaign.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Hey why didn't you go back for your souls after you died?

It's early game enough to not really be worth it. I would be more inclined to go back if there was Humanity on the Bloodstain.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Watching you play is making me want to pick it up again and finally beat the gaping dragon and then continue my campaign.

Wanna co-op?

Extra

If you've ever watched Mega64's RE4 merchant video then you'll remember that the cops that called on them at the end, this shows what happened afterwards

WTF at the cop saying a bat not in a display case is a felony.  Are you fucking with me right now?  I can't even wrap my head around this.  You mean to tell me that if I'm in a park somewhere playing baseball with my son then a cop can just roll up on me and be like 'That's a felony'  What?  What kind of crock of shit is this?

4 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Apparently all the Tetris Blocks has names
(not my photo)
Screen-Shot-2019-02-25-at-13.35.16.png

Apparently some people say it's bull shit, I tell them they are just pissing in everyone else's cheerios 

And yes here the NES Manual (It's not in it).
https://www.retrogames.cz/manualy/NES/Tetris_(Nintendo)_-_NES_-_Manual.pdf

It's fake. That page doesn't appear in the manual, it's made up. I got punked by it too first time I saw it. 

6 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Apparently all the Tetris Blocks has names
(not my photo)
Screen-Shot-2019-02-25-at-13.35.16.png

Apparently some people say it's bull shit, I tell them they are just pissing in everyone else's cheerios 

And yes here the NES Manual (It's not in it).
https://www.retrogames.cz/manualy/NES/Tetris_(Nintendo)_-_NES_-_Manual.pdf

Yeah that is some BS I heard on a podcast. But you know the internet, enough people will spread it that in five to ten years the joke/myth will be made real enough.

3 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

What do you mean?  Consoles are still plug and play and have...always been.

No they aren't. Can you pop your game in and play right away? No. It has to be installed first. Hell some games won't run at all unless you can connect to the internet to DL a Day One patch. That isn't plug in play. If your hard drive is full can you run the game from the disk? Nope. Consoles aren't plug and play. The closet current gen platform to being plug and play is the Switch. If you only buy games that are completely on the cartridge, it can be plug and play.

5 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

A pre-built PC is made to be plug and play.  I don't think you guys understand what that means.  My PC is now plug and play.  I had to build the thing and I can change it/upgrade it.  Just like that PS5 was being upgraded.  Out of the box its plug and play. 

No they're not. Maybe once you remove all the bloatware to get it operating smoothly but most people won't do that. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Maybe once you remove all the bloatware to get it operating smoothly but most people won't do that. 

But at least you can get the bloatware venereal disease out your PC. BUT....

The Xbox 360 Interface turns to shit when they got rid of Blades and has more ads than the Las Vegas Strip. 
Sony and Nintendo is guilty of this too, but it isn't as in your face. 

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No they aren't. Can you pop your game in and play right away? No. It has to be installed first. Hell some games won't run at all unless you can connect to the internet to DL a Day One patch. That isn't plug in play. If your hard drive is full can you run the game from the disk? Nope. Consoles aren't plug and play. The closet current gen platform to being plug and play is the Switch. If you only buy games that are completely on the cartridge, it can be plug and play.

A lot of people in his thread seem to be disrespecting the Switch.  It's "plug and play" in the traditional way just as SNES is as you mention. 

I buy my game from the store, rip the plastic off the case, pop the game in, click on it and it loads instantly.  No installing, waiting for downloads, etc.  It's as plug and play as it gets.

Edited by purbeast
7 hours ago, purbeast said:

A lot of people in his thread seem to be disrespecting the Switch.  It's "plug and play" in the traditional way just as SNES is as you mention. 

I buy my game from the store, rip the plastic off the case, pop the game in, click on it and it loads instantly.  No installing, waiting for downloads, etc.  It's as plug and play as it gets.

My Switch is plug and play but not everyone avoids physical games that are glorified download codes. PlayAsia is a godsend. Asia versions are localized for English and actually has the game, in full, on the cartridge. If the game isn't on the cartridge its just a gimped digital version.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

heh, yeah good ol' Switch keeps the dream alive.  Bayonetta 2 actually prompts you for the day 1 patch, I remember....BUT you can bypass that shit and play anyway.  I started playing it in my car right after leaving the Gamestop where I got it that day.  This will forever be remembered as one of my favorite gaming systems of all time by a longshot.

I hate being late to the game on a Diablo season...it's already been over a week, actually...and I'm just now creating my season characters as of last night....my top 2 favorites once again, the necromancer and wizard.  I'll focus more on the Switch version of D3 this time around.  

I don't like that you have to get *all* the ethereal weapons to unlock the appearance/transmog though....you'd have to play probably every character class for a fairly long period of time to do that....most people probably won't even bother to try.