Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I always heard horror stories about how the community went to shit after SF4 dropped in 09. I came in with Marvel 3 in 11 so I never got to experience something like the that. Project L can bring back those good times lol. 

Uff, you missed a lot of great stuff.

Like noobs and scrubs arguing with top players on the forums about the game, and 99% of the time saying they were wrong about why they thought X or Y character was strong/weak on the game.

Not saying that top players are always right, but if anyone has a better grasp about the game, is very likely someone who plays at high level than a random dumbass that cries that none respects the old gentlemen rules of old 🤣

In part is one of the reasons why most top players left the forums.

What many people who came from 09 onwards don't know is that originally SRK and derivative sites like DL were forums for the competitive side of the community.

but with 09 all of that went out of the window.

TBH, while SRK became "toxic" in a way after 09, the site was already very abrassive.

If you were talking dumb shit you would be clowned, so only people with though skin stayed.

After 09, the admins envisioned a more friendly site, so started to make a lot of changes to the site, removing or frowning upon on stuff they considered that shooed away newcomers.

And when they removed the premium side, it is why General became the haven for most people who dwelled there, and the "last bastion" of the old guard that stayed, which is why you could feel a disconnect between the regulars from GD and the rest of the site.

There were a lot of 09'ers that became infamous due the amount of crap they spouted and were so certain about it, lol.

Edited by Hecatom

Nintendo is doing their big Black Friday/Cyber Monday eShop sale so I decided to add some more games to my back log, lol (*sad Jordan*) 

picked up 

Blaster Master  3 

Castlevania Advanced Collection

Dragon Lair Trilogy 

Rogue Legacy 

Underhero 

War Groove 

I have about $20 left. I’m thinking about grabbing Hades but I also want to wait until their Xmas/Years End eShop sale and grab stuff then. 

Edited by iStu X

Folks, the sales are on and poppin' lately... just checking on eShop at the moment...

Wonderful 101 is 17.99

each Bioshock is about 7.99 a piece

Castlevania Collection; the newer one 14.99

damn... Genetic Disaster is 80% off at 2.99

Fury Unleashed 7.99 <---I've had my eye on this one for a while...now might be the time then...

Marvel Ultimate Alliance = 41.99 ---not much of a sale; only 30% off but it seems this RARELY goes on sale so it caught my eye.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection = 14.99

Oh---the older Castlevania Collection; I forgot aobut it; this is 4.99 (Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania The Adventure, Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge, Castlevania Bloodlines, Kid Dracula....sheeeeittt, just 5 bucks)

Carrion (*well; can't see this since I already purchased it, and it doesn't show the price on site for some reason)

Astral Chain 41.99

Capcom Beatemup Bundle = 9.99

Contra Collection (*I also can't see this since I have it already)

Kingdoms of Amalur = 27.99 (*shows up since I have it but via physical version)

Night Slashers = 1.99 

Namco Museum = 7.49 (*this always caught my eye since it has Galaga '88.)

Destroy All Humans = 29.99 (*as this is quite an old game; 29 should really be the normal price anyway, imo)

Edited by MillionX

y'know, I'm the only person probably that would've been amused by this...but I would've liked if the legendary QWOP dude showed up in Smash Ultimate

^ha, the memories... I remember laughing 'til I cried when I first saw this shit.

...but yeah, imagine the move set... he would just be ragdolling around the arena and those odd raggedy movements would be his moveset.

*Man, I'll just make him as a Mii character, actually...

16 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Never played a DA game, neither care about Bioware, but for those who do.

DA I felt was the one game from BioWare that could still be salvageable because it’s never been labeled as a “bad series” or had an entry that’s been received with overwhelming negativity.

With Inquisition despite it being made on an engine it absolutely shouldn’t have been (Frost) BioWare did a hell of a job adapting and it was genuinely well received. 

Dragon Age II before it suffered from being forced onto platforms it wasn’t originally going to be on (PS360) but because Origins was so successful EA wanted more than just a SKU for PC. When playing DA2 you could tell being on multiple SKU’s caused them to cut a loooooot of content and dumb down combat considerably. Even then it was still more-or-less universally praised. 

Even though we’ve only seen a tiny bit of “Dragon Age 4” it had a lot of promise. The creative director leaving is likely a huge blow to not only the project but overall moral at BioWare. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

y'know, I'm the only person probably that would've been amused by this...but I would've liked if the legendary QWOP dude showed up in Smash Ultimate

^ha, the memories... I remember laughing 'til I cried when I first saw this shit.

...but yeah, imagine the move set... he would just be ragdolling around the arena and those odd raggedy movements would be his moveset.

*Man, I'll just make him as a Mii character, actually...

Man, that shit had me crackin' up.  I needed a good laugh.

Bitches in games lookin' pretty fine lately.  I suspect that I've become a coomer.

2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Yes, its pretty fun.  Some parts confused me a bit and frustrated me but I liked it overall. 

Also, if you havent played Tails of Iron you should play that.  That'd be a good one for your bidness trips.

screenshot I got while playing Death's Door...

v6fk0WI.png

Hadn't heard of Tails of Iron but I dunno something about the game doesn't vibe with me like from an art point of view.

And this trip ain't bidness, it's pleasure.  Heading to Aruba for my 40th birthday.

I fused about a quarter of my demons just before a major boss fight and the demons that had the weakness are the ones I fused and didn't carry over the skills. Fuck me

Edit: I wasn't as fucked as I thought. My demons strong in physical attacks carried me through. Good thing I loaded them with debuff skills and attacks with debuff affects. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
7 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Been using my red Hori Split Pad Pro on my Switch for days now.

orgasm ovaries exploding GIF

Yes, it is THAT good. If only there were a way to detatch them from the Switch and use it as a regular controller like the JoyCon grip.

So they only work in portable mode? That's a bummer. I actually like the joycons for Tetris and pretty much any non-fighting game type of game but I've thought about picking those Hori pads up. Only thing is, I have a grip case for when it's portable and I'm not sure if those would fit in it or not, but not being able to use them non-portably is a deal breaker for me. 

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

So they only work in portable mode? That's a bummer. I actually like the joycons for Tetris and pretty much any non-fighting game type of game but I've thought about picking those Hori pads up. Only thing is, I have a grip case for when it's portable and I'm not sure if those would fit in it or not, but not being able to use them non-portably is a deal breaker for me. 

They were design just for portable mode. The split pad doesn't have any of the features of the standard joy cons. 

So I’ve given up on trying to get an OLED for the moment and I don’t care about getting either PS5 or Xbox SEX. So I’m going to use my close to $400 store credit at GameStop to get some new games. I’m wanting primarily switch games but I’m open to suggestions (I have a 4 Pro and Xbone X) and I prefer if they’re available in physical copies 

so far in my cart I have  (non-exclusives are Switch version) 

SMT3HD

SMT5 

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin 

NEW Pokemon Snap

Monster Hunter Stories 2

Ni No Kuni 2 

Metroid Dread 

With all those and after tax I have about $60 wiggle room. So toss me some suggestions. I normally play ARPG’s, JRPG’s and action platformers. 

Edited by iStu X
18 hours ago, nickmanx5 said:

the rumors of angel/kula/nameless team might be true

really diggin the character choices shermie's in, angel's in, the saigado team is actually cannon. what else you got for me snk!

I can only imagine the Nameless tod in kofxv. Seems like lots of people were finding them pretty quickly in the beta.

Edited by elliephil
39 minutes ago, iStu X said:

So I’ve given up on trying to get an OLED for the moment and I don’t care about getting either PS5 or Xbox SEX. So I’m going to use my close to $400 store credit at GameStop to get some new games. I’m wanting primarily switch games but I’m open to suggestions (I have a 4 Pro and Xbone X)

so far in my cart I have  (non-exclusives are Switch version) 

SMT3HD

SMT5 

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin 

NEW Pokemon Snap

Monster Hunter Stories 2

Ni No Kuni 2 

Metroid Dread 

With all those and after tax I have about $60 wiggle room. So toss me some suggestions. I normally play ARPG’s, JRPG’s and action platformers. 

If you are down for a creative Mageman-ish experience then I recommend a game I don't see people talk about very often called Panzer Paladin.  It's an NES style platformer where you play a pilot in a big fucking robot. You can use enemy weapons, and sections do stages will force you to exit the meh for a slightly different experience. 

I thought this game was pretty cool, creative and fun, and made good use of its NES inspired art style. It's the kind of throw back to that era I like to see. 

There are also the Alwa games, open world 2D puzzle platformer. First is NES inspired while the second is more 16 bit Genesis/Snes inspired. Also cool little games.

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

If you are down for a creative Mageman-ish experience then I recommend a game I don't see people talk about very often called Panzer Paladin.  It's an NES style platformer where you play a pilot in a big fucking robot. You can use enemy weapons, and sections do stages will force you to exit the meh for a slightly different experience. 

I thought this game was pretty cool, creative and fun, and made good use of its NES inspired art style. It's the kind of throw back to that era I like to see. 

There are also the Alwa games, open world 2D puzzle platformer. First is NES inspired while the second is more 16 bit Genesis/Snes inspired. Also cool little games.

I have Panzer Paladin. Just never got around to playing it. 

ALWA? 

edit: I also ninja’ed my previous post but I’ll mention here too (apologies), but I’d prefer if they were available in non-limited run physical copies 

Edited by iStu X