Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

17 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Wish we could get info on… anything with this game really. Still looks beautiful though.

The dream girl of the Belmont clan. 

Inquisitor: "I'm surprised you responded to my profile Simon. Most guys get weirded out by the holy water or my burning of demonic foes at the stake."

Simon: 😍

Bioshock on Switch--- I was thinking about getting this recently... then I vaguely remembered something about this, and looked it up to be sure... and sure enough, the physical version is basically pointless, since it's one of those situations where they half-assed it and put just a "piece" of the damn game on the card so you download the rest of it

The original was such a legend....one of those unforgettable moments in gaming history.

It still puzzles me that one of my friends was close to the end of it, then he just inexplicably stopped....got sidetracked by another game and never came back to it.... that was about 14 years ago and the dude never finished Bioshock.  That will always be some strange shit, imo... if you got all the way to the last part where you are on the way to the grand finale....and then just stop there...like you sat through 90% of a movie, enjoyed it...but suddenly left before the epic reveal and final confrontation in the story.

the memories... mannn when they hit ya with that final "..would you kindly?" revelation near the end in the first game..BRUH... I don't think anyone was prepared for that.

oh and even the trailer was amazing... yep I had to dig it up; I preferred the one with the classic tune "Beyond the Sea" as performed by Bobby Darin 

Edited by MillionX

Throwing out a reminder since IGN reminded me about it.  If you're interested in LoL content but not really interested in playing the MOBA then Ruined King might be something to take a look into if you don't mind turned based RPGs ( Sorry Million) .  Game came out middle of this month and it was deved by Airship Syndicate.  Reviews overally appear to be decent for it so might not be too bad to check out.

The ActiBlizz employee that organized the walkout has resigned

https://www.axios.com/activision-blizzard-walkout-organizer-resigns-c06e5145-a747-4cbf-b028-bd44329be19f.html?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

Steam Deck will not have any exclusive titles

https://www.ign.com/articles/valve-confirms-wont-be-steam-deck-exclusive-games

I don't think anybody was legitimately thinking it would

Edited by Sonichuman

Most definitely enjoying Scarlet Nexus, it's cool flinging random objects at these assholes. I definitely gotta get better at my melee combat tho, u can't just dash cancel or roll out of a sword attack, u have to commit once you throw so I gotta be more frugal. The first boss was teaching me that

Disssapointed in the "cutscenes" but it doesn't detract majorly from the game. 

48 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I mean...at least its kinda games related so I'm ok with it personally since it's an original song for an adaptation of a game.  If they were just up there doing Sting songs not related at all to any game then I'd def be like why?

This. I like Sting a lot, but if he were just there just to be there, it wouldn't make any sense. Interesting to me that they got him to do the theme for this series and it's a pretty good song.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I mean...at least its kinda games related so I'm ok with it personally since it's an original song for an adaptation of a game.  If they were just up there doing Sting songs not related at all to any game then I'd def be like why?

I’m still wondering why though. Cause I doubt anyone genuinely cares. 

hell people don’t even give a shit about the awards for the most part. People just watch for the trailers 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Dude, I was thinking the SAME thing, I wanted to voice my issue but I'm not familiar with the series at all to really say much. Definitely weird tho 

I've never played DNF before so I know nuthin...but it doesn't seem very good for your game for all the characters "names" be generic job titles. 

Naw Hawkingbird still surprises me. Even MMOs have named characters. I would never release a fighter with characters like "Karateka" "Grappler" and "Tae Kwan Do." 

Edited by RSG3

GTA Trilogy got a patch another patch on top of the other patch that happened on 11/20

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4411612846867/Grand-Theft-Auto-The-Trilogy-The-Definitive-Edition-Title-Update-Notes-1-03-PlayStation-5-PlayStation-4-Xbox-Series-X-S-Xbox-One-PC

Currently Switch hasn't gotten the 2nd patch but it's apparently coming.

RGT actually put a gameplay video for the Switch video  so far for those interested

One thing I noted immediately is that the self shadows got put back in for the first 2 games so the characters don't look like they're floating in midair.  Game apparently still have some frame rate  and optimization issues.

Video for the other editions

Gotta say that fog does look a lot better.  Rain has been subdued a ton.

Edit:  Also forgot to mention that the physical edition for this game got pushed back.  There's been a rumor floating around that Nintendo was actually planning on publishing the game so it'll be interesting if that actually comes true.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

give it to me GIF

This reminds me I need to be on the look out for the Dread amiibo when I get paid this fri.  Hoping that the scalpers have fucked off by now.  Actually looks like it's availalbe on Amazon right now so hopefully it stays there.

Trying to debate if I want Min Min...definitely getting Seph, Pyra, Kazuya and Sora whenever they're coming out.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This reminds me I need to be on the look out for the Dread amiibo when I get paid this fri.  Hoping that the scalpers have fucked off by now.  Actually looks like it's availalbe on Amazon right now so hopefully it stays there.

GameStop and Best Buy have been getting restocks as well. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Sega seems to be intent on getting people to smell like hedgehogs.  Now there's fox scent!

I wonder if this will be how furries recognize each other in the wild.

they’ll pass by someone taking a deep whiff, acknowledge the smell excitingly and then turn to each other looking deeply into each other’s eyes while slowly nodding and acknowledging the others horrible secret

Edited by iStu X

Been playing Hades (Zagreus escaping from hell, in case there's another one out there) on PS4 lately. I'm really liking just about everything about it.

I'm late to the party on games these days. Hades is my first game like this. Is there another good game out there like this that functions off of a similar concept? The concept, in this case, is: dying puts you back to/near the beginning, but you can get powerups for your next run.

I haven't played Hades in quite a while...I happened to find a physical version of it, which was surprising.

Similar---Dead Cells, perhaps?  There's some character abilities via "runes" that you unlock (wall-clinging, smashing thru floors, teleportation via certain background objects, etc.), along with tons of weapons and abilities, and costume changes you find eventually from enemy kills; these things are permanently unlocked once you have them....but yeah, death is the end of a run, and you start from a beginning area each time.  The difficulty of this game is pretty insane at the higher levels though.  I'm always in favor of more people realizing the greatness of this game.  Note---the lore isn't anywhere near as good, imo... it's really just those basic concepts that are similar; everything else about DCells is quite different.

On another note---I got that Bioshock Collection yesterday.. the download time actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting....sure would be nice if I had time to play it anytime soon.... I'd focus on part 2, since I never played that before. (*forgot if I mentioned this earlier, but the individual ones were still normal price on XB1....20 a piece.  So thanks to the sale, it made more sense to get the collection, which was just 10 bucks.)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'd say about 35% of Sonic games are good to great. Definitely way more than 3. I could probably name about 10-15 that were good lol

Also I think there only 88 not 90 Sonic titles. But who's counting. 

There also a debate with the fan community what is good and what is trash. 

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Also I think there only 88 not 90 Sonic titles. But who's counting. 

There also a debate with the fan community what is good and what is trash. 

This debate has been going on for while.  The divide in the community started roughly around  after SA2 got released on the GC and has festered since then.  Current topic the community is fighting about is about the differences of Adventure era Sonic vs Modern.  Thats what's been popping up in my twitter feed atleast.