Stage Select

BLEACH: Howl From the Jaws of Hell Arc

Yeah for a 'one shot' this has to be a prequel chapter to a sequel mini series. Which frankly annoys me cause I was hyped for stuff to continue via Burn the Witch, where there is less shit to have to remember about who is who and what does what since there are only so many chapters of it currently. Would have preferred this chapter if it was just watching one of the two kids goof around and didn't lead into a continuation arc.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Reticently said:

Yeah, it is on.

Just watched it.  Production values are high, but not quite movie level.  The throwback music during the main character introduction was sweet.  The episode was good, but it was mostly about setting up the mystery opponents- so I'm sure it's a little more magical if you don't already know what to expect.

Felt like hey these are the main cast and shits about to go down. The running thru the last eps was pretty nice and man they did not flinch with the blood. Need that second ep ASAP!

On 10/11/2022 at 2:39 AM, Maxx said:

co-signing the first episode being great. its hq animation....not some ufotable level but still amazing.

Agreed. It looks amazing but man it's been 10 years and you can see the animation looked dated from way back then. Looking forward to more eps and getting in deep into the TYBW.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah... I was mainly coming back to see if other people saw the greatness.  This episode was the BIG one, folks.  Unfuckingbelievable... words can't even do it justice....as Morpheus would say of the Matrix...you have to see it for yourself.  "FIRE" is the appropriate title for what's going on here.

I'd say Old Man Yamma's power is easily in the category of "planet buster".  If he goes all out for an extensive period of time, nothing survives...at least normal living things in the real world.  It would be the end of everything.  This dude is walking/floating around with "15 million degrees Celsius" going on....and that's just a passive effect going on 🤣   He is a walking, talking "Extinction Level Event". 

There was a "Musou"/Dynasty Warriors style Bleach game on PS3 several years ago... imagine how great that could be if it was made today or anytime after this story arc with all this latest stuff being revealed. 

Edited by MillionX
14 hours ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah... I was mainly coming back to see if other people saw the greatness.  This episode was the BIG one, folks.  Unfuckingbelievable... words can't even do it justice....as Morpheus would say of the Matrix...you have to see it for yourself.  "FIRE" is the appropriate title for what's going on here.

I'd say Old Man Yamma's power is easily in the category of "planet buster".  If he goes all out for an extensive period of time, nothing survives...at least normal living things in the real world.  It would be the end of everything.  This dude is walking/floating around with "15 million degrees Celsius" going on....and that's just a passive effect going on 🤣   He is a walking, talking "Extinction Level Event". 

There was a "Musou"/Dynasty Warriors style Bleach game on PS3 several years ago... imagine how great that could be if it was made today or anytime after this story arc with all this latest stuff being revealed. 

I think technically all the shinigami have planet busting powers. They kept saying early on their powers were nerfed in the real world because of the damage they can do to the planet. 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:24 AM, Maxx said:

I think technically all the shinigami have planet busting powers. They kept saying early on their powers were nerfed in the real world because of the damage they can do to the planet. 

Nah.

Only the captains are nerfed when they go to earth, but none of them have planet busting powers.

At best they have city busting powers/landscape changing powers, and not all of them, since a lot have power sets that more oriented to focused attacks.

So far the only one that has shown a power set that could affect the planet is Yamamoto, but not in a busting way, but mostly in a creating an effect on it on the long run.

Another incredible episode as usual... it's so good to see this anime come back strong for this story... 

It surprised me that they showed so much of that flashback to 1000 (or 2000?) years ago... and in at least 1 character's case it's a bit of a spoiler for a big reveal about what their role/position was back then, compared to what it is in present day.... maybe they figured people might not recognize who that is since they do look different now...?

Spoiler

Unohana...at least that's who it looks like to me.  I suppose that even if newer fans who haven't read it recognize her, it's not explicitly stated just yet what her role was back then.

20 hours ago, MillionX said:

Another incredible episode as usual... it's so good to see this anime come back strong for this story... 

It surprised me that they showed so much of that flashback to 1000 (or 2000?) years ago... and in at least 1 character's case it's a bit of a spoiler for a big reveal about what their role/position was back then, compared to what it is in present day.... maybe they figured people might not recognize who that is since they do look different now...?

Hide contents

Unohana...at least that's who it looks like to me.  I suppose that even if newer fans who haven't read it recognize her, it's not explicitly stated just yet what her role was back then.

kubo revealed the entire og gotei 13 in shonen jump last week. they're expanding on the manga

Reading the manga (the final arc mostly) again, I really hope that we see some changes down the line, because you can tell that it ended rushed due Jump meddling.

Is clear that what we got, is not what Kubo wanted to do.

So many battles cut short, so many characters hyped up to be underutilized, if used at all, because a lot were to lose offscreen without us ever seeing their bankais, or the Vizards doing jack shit on the battle, the same for Ichigo and Uryu's dads and the Fullbrings.

Juha Bach being moronic and losing because of it (since Kubo had to come with excuses to kill of characters and speed up the arc due editor mandates) etc etc.

(A lot of those characters were meant to fight with the quincies we saw doing nothing 😕 )

I want this anime to be the opportunity to actually see what Kubo wanted to do, or at least part of it.

BTW.

I am amazed (not really, bleach fandom is moronic at times) that there are people out there that really think that Yashiro was not Kenpachi's zanpakuto spirit.

Or that think that Ichigo's bankai got broken at the end (it got broken at one point, but got restored mid battle with Juha)

What got broken was the Quincie part that served as the white sheath around the Shinigami/Hollow part, and due the nature of being the quincy power, Ichigo just re absorbed it and can manifest it again if he wants to, Kubo said it in an interview, and supposedly it could be a plot point on the Hell arc if it happens.