Stage Select

BLEACH: Howl From the Jaws of Hell Arc

On 11/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, AriesWarlock said:

https://twitter.com/monhannoero/status

/1596184682898808833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1596184682898808833%7Ctwgr%5E760e936e71d5dbfc7844b5a6ff6e63290fb0e57d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmegashock.net%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmonhannoero%2Fstatus%2F1596184682898808833

Non is one of those few cosplayers I follow, because she ticks one of my fav boxes.

Gyaru Cosplayer.

Tbf, after the Soul Society arc Kubo's track record was pretty consistently 11/10 character design and 7/10 plot resolution. 

That said, the production value on the new series has been so high that if they can keep it up there's only one fight that I'm expecting to still be disappointed by (bet you all can guess which).

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

I don't really remember how many manga chapters all that took, but it feels like they covered a lot of ground this week.

They def did.. I thought they were gonna take longer with this stuff. 

Id love to have watched this episode with a non manga reader to see how they reacted to unohana being a killing machine 

ohhhh that was so good; I was thinking this Kenpachi fight would last a bit longer.  Still, it will be tough for anything to top that earlier fight featuring Old Man Yamma going all out....that was one of the greatest things I've ever seen out of this whole franchise.

Cool small visual detail in the flashback scene---notice that when Zaraki realizes the situation and starts subconsciously holding back his full power, one eye is in shadow...so it looks like the eyepatch he would later wear as an adult to suppress his spirit power in order to make fights more "interesting".  It's a simple concept we see a lot in shows/manga like this but I love it---the warrior who loves "the battle" so much that they always hold back, sometimes at a subconscious level so it's prolonged and thus more thrilling.

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 weeks later...

It was 2 episodes to get caught up on yesterday and of course I loved it....a nice touch to close out the latest episode with his theme music that "Number One" song.

Spoiler

It might be a longshot but I'm hoping that the grand finale is a bit different here and we actually get to see Ichigo's new/true bankai.  Even though it was likely due to Kubo being rushed off the stage at the end, it was still a huge disappointment that it got instantly shattered away in the manga before we could see this new powerup in action.

Something that dawned on me. Every shinigami basically had to get their sword through some weirdo asasuchi training. Thats when they meet the sword and eventually hear the soul of the sword talk to them. 

But ichigo always had his swords spirit inside of him from birth. Hes a big giant science experiment that they understand what caused it and how to replicate it. Its also a big part of why hes so powerful. So does that mean they could potentially create an army of shinigami just as powerful as ichigo? 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Something that dawned on me. Every shinigami basically had to get their sword through some weirdo asasuchi training. Thats when they meet the sword and eventually hear the soul of the sword talk to them. 

But ichigo always had his swords spirit inside of him from birth. Hes a big giant science experiment that they understand what caused it and how to replicate it. Its also a big part of why hes so powerful. So does that mean they could potentially create an army of shinigami just as powerful as ichigo? 

The asaushis are empty zampakutos.

The shinigamis imprint their souls on them when training molding them into the unique named zampakutos the gotei 13 members have.

All shinigamis have the soul inside them, since the swords are extensions of their souls.

Those who fail to imprint thei soul on the asauchi or are unable to comunicate with the spirit of the sword end as low class shinigami

Edited by Hecatom
On 12/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, Hecatom said:

The asaushis are empty zampakutos.

The shinigamis imprint their souls on them when training molding them into the unique named zampakutos the gotei 13 members have.

All shinigamis have the soul inside them, since the swords are extensions of their souls.

Those who fail to imprint thei soul on the asauchi or are unable to comunicate with the spirit of the sword end as low class shinigami

But ichigo is the only one with a hollow as his spirit right? The vizards have hollow powers but thsir zanpakto isnt based on that. Ichigo is the only one who is basically the perfect version of that hollow experiment? 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

But ichigo is the only one with a hollow as his spirit right? The vizards have hollow powers but thsir zanpakto isnt based on that. Ichigo is the only one who is basically the perfect version of that hollow experiment? 

It has been a while since I read the manga (the part where the vizards were introduced.), but I think that yeah, Ichigo is the only one who actually has a Hollow as one of his Zanpakuto spirits.

The Vizards, iirc are hollowfied, like in an infection, but the source of their shinigami powers is not a Hollow itself, since their zanpakuto spirits were born before being hollowfied, so I pressume if my memory is not failing me that what is hollowfied is their souls, but not the zanpakutos itselfs, so the core of the power remains separate, all while having a hollow inside them as a separate construct of their souls which manifest the vizard power once is subjugated, so while they also have 2 spirits residing inside them, they behave differently in how their powers interact.

The next is pure speculation, but it is assumed that unlike Ichigo, the Vizard's have problems using their shinigami powers in conjuction with their vizard powers because of that.

At best we have see them using shikai, but I can be wrong in that.
During the last arc, we all saw the vizards that are captains only using the bankai without trying to boost themselves with the hollow power, despite the hollow reiatsu being a poison for quincies.

Since it is never explained why, we can only go with what I posted above or assume that the stamina drain is still an issue for them that they rather not bother with it.

(This could be rendered moot if the anime decides to add the battles they fought offscreen and put them using their bankais)

Meanwhile Ichigo being a perfect hybrid, uses all his powers in tandem, because the hollow is the zanpakuto spirit.

Perhaps his case is special since he inherited the hollow from his mother.

Since she was infected by White when he fusioned with her soul, and would have died since being a quincy means that a hollow reiatsu combining with her soul was a death sentence for her; She only survived because her powers were combined with Isshin shinigami's power (iirc that depowered him turning him into a human), so all the hops they went to make Masaki survive, combned with the linage of the parents made him a combination of Shinigami, Hollow, Qiuncy and Human/Fullbring.

Which manifested in him having a hollow that doubles as a zanpakuto and a quincy spirit that also doubles as a zanpakuto, all while still being a living human.

Considering that what we got was not really what Kubo planned for the final arc, perhaps him being a combination of the major types of souls would have played a major role, like he was to inherit the position of the Soul King or something, since Kyoraku implied that ichigo's friends would never see him again.

BTW

Dunno if this is common knowledge since it was only said in the cannonical light novel Can't Fear Your Own World, the new soul king is the dead body of Yhwach, the royal guard used his body to create a new soul king after sealing it under a lot of  bakudo spells.

Edit

Something that was left unexplained is why he had so much reiatsu.

Is assumed because he is a mutt, but is one of those things that since the final arc was cut short, is left unanswered.

Edit 2

Or if the second ressurection could be obtained by other arrancars, or if the vizards could use resurrection, or if it was exclussive to Tousen due him being a late experiment.

Edited by Hecatom

BTW.

With the current climate in social media I am already picturing a lot of twitter going bonkers because Yumichika keeps telling Gigi that she is really man, calling bleach transphobic or some shit like that for minsgendering or for making a trans a villain.

And yes, iirc, Gig is indeed a bilogical man according to an interview or omake iirc, but is still into girls since she is sexually attracted to Bambietta.

Before that it was assumed that Gigi was a slut that was into both men and women and that is why she reeked of semen according to Yumichika, lol.

Edited by Hecatom

Ichigo was a back up plan as soul king. Because he was a hybrid of all the races, thats why kyoraku said that. Hes also always more or less been a potential threat to the universe because of how powerful he is. Squad 0 has kept an eye on him his entire life, even yamamoto didnt seem to have as much info on ichigo as them. 

Being how everything playef out and connects i dont think its a last minute retcon either. I think its a strong implication squad 0 has had ichigo as a backup plan for a long time. 

Im always gonna assume he had so much reiatsu is because hes a perfect hybrid .  He breaks all the rules, even when ywabach saw him get beat up in the one timeline... He even said fuck that shit. Ywabach was already broken and saw ichigo is more broken with his bankai and said... Nahhh we aint lettin this happen. 

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

During the last arc, we all saw the vizards that are captains only using the bankai without trying to boost themselves with the hollow power, despite the hollow reiatsu being a poison for quincies.

Since it is never explained why, we can only go with what I posted above or assume that the stamina drain is still an issue for them that they rather not bother with it.

Setting aside Kubo's problem having way more characters than time, I always figured that the main problem for the Vizard would be that Quincy eradicate Hollows rather than just killing them.  Losing usually means death, but losing in Hollow form to a Quincy is probably much worse than death, because they are removed from the cycle of rebirth.

Plus we get to see some pretty low tier Sternritter absolutely embarrass Arrancar who are strong enough to give Captains trouble, so I think it might just be a match-up problem.

That creative process of others and how far ahead in the story they're planning is always interesting to me---I wonder at what point did Kubo decide that this character/manifestation of "Zangetsu" would also represent this other character in this storyline years later... or may that have been the plan from the start with that one.  (*the characters I made and had in my sketchbooks over the years---I always liked having the full plan in mind for them, often including the basic points of what a "grand finale" for them would be, and how they would develop along the way in the story)

This show being back in action has been such a great thing; when I first saw it all those years ago, thanks to CN/Toonami (after some friends recommended it since they knew this would be my kind of thing), it was instantly my #1 of the popular Shonen anime/manga... I was always hyped for whatever was going to happen in the next episode, and this return has brought me right back to how that felt.  

Now the dream would be another major video game ....the last big one I had was Soul Resurrection on PS3, which most people probably forgot or never knew of--- it was a Dynasty Warriors style kind of thing; most people probably would want a fighting game but that "musou" type of game is what I'd prefer for this IP.  Imagine how it would be now if they make it after this story ends, including all the characters and things that have appeared over the entire course of the series now.  It would be an absolute day 1 purchase for me, no question.

Edited by MillionX
  • 3 weeks later...

just finished ep 13.

goddamnit!!!

YoungAppropriateChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

that was alll hype af.

but my fav ep was 12 from the season.

still tho. cant wait for seas 2 but...i hope they slow things down. not skip alot like seas 1. tho not complaining too much about skimming thru things quick...i want things slowed down a bit.

wish this anime final ac was made soooner tbh. like years ago cuz. soo good.

they better not cancel this shit. i'll riot!

Oh yeah if this hits blu-ray I'm definitely getting it day 1.  I recently got the last bits of Dragonball Super on blu-ray...it's always good to have your favorite stuff "for real" instead of relying on a streaming service, imo....I could see watching "The Fire" episode over and over many times....that was my favorite.  Yamma's bankai so far is the most epic showcase in the series so far.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm curious to see how much they add to or deviate from what went on in the manga with this story... it's been a long time since I read it so it's like seeing this for the first time again.  For one... an epic showdown between newly upgrade Ichigo and Ishda would be cool.

I'm guessing this might be on physical media later and they're just waiting for it to be completed...at least I hope that's the case (*also assuming because most popular anime still gets a blu-ray release....despite the sad reality that physical media isn't as popular anymore in this foolish world.)

Edited by MillionX
On 7/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, MillionX said:

I'm curious to see how much they add to or deviate from what went on in the manga with this story... it's been a long time since I read it so it's like seeing this for the first time again.  For one... an epic showdown between newly upgrade Ichigo and Ishda would be cool.

I'm guessing this might be on physical media later and they're just waiting for it to be completed...at least I hope that's the case (*also assuming because most popular anime still gets a blu-ray release....despite the sad reality that physical media isn't as popular anymore in this foolish world.)

Kubo has been involved with line reads, story boards and pretty much anything he can lend input on for the adaption. He has been adding and fleshing out stuff as well which i appreciate. Been a hot minute since i read this arc and seeing it just jump into the 2nd invasion gives me hope this will be a great adaption. Bleach Fans are eating good for the year for sure!

This episode covers what I always considered one of the weakest segments of the TYBW arc- it just feels like Kubo started something off with the Bankai theft and then changed his mind about it mid-stream.  Makes something that was feeling like a major subplot into little more than a time waster, and kind of hurts Bach's credibility with the audience as being a guy who's supposedly got his plan all figured out.

Shinji's bankai, man... I'm not even sure how most opponents could fight against such a powerful effect.  The whole thing is that you just don't know what's going on... up is down, left is right, enemies/allies are mixed up and even words/speech are backwards. 😆 (though the smart play is to never actually tell your opponent how this works, obviously.... the downfall of a lot of characters.  Imagine this effect is going on....but he doesn't explain anything.  You're dead before you even get close to figuring out what the hell is going on.)

I'd still take Aizen's game-breaking power over it though... it's hard to top the ability to cast "perfect illusions" that trick all the senses....so the enemy is seeing and fighting whatever you want them to see.

Edited by MillionX