Stage Select

Mass Effect Thread: Old Man Darc has discovered mods....after wasting $45 on Legendary Edition

Figured I'd make a thread instead clogging up Video Game General with all the stuff I'm finding. If anyone is curious about ME Mods, particularly for ME3 let me know. I'm find all kids cool shit. A few examples in picture form.

Human EDI mod (casual situations only)

fxAwc9B.png

Cool Hair Options

XaEmvcG.jpg

Omega Hub Area (after helping Aria take it back)

qToWDUx.png

Tali's /w Transparent Visor

4xUzKMb.png

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Im deffinitly interested. Maybe ill play these again soon. 

I just played the Citadel Coup mission. Content wise everything is the same but the fan attention to detail just points to why I like these mods. They swapped some of the Cerberus enemies for a new enemy type C-Sec Traitor. Functionally they are no different than the basic enemy but it adds to the experience. The C-Sec bodies like the NPCs added through the Citadel thus far of all a species. They were basically all human. Now there are Asari, Salarians, and  Turians (male & female) mixed in. When Bailey shows up at the end, not only is he and the fellow officer decked out in full heavy armor but when you look behind him there are armed C-Secs officers as back up. So while the mission is the same as before, it flow better if you know. There are touches like that throughout. I think I mentioned it before but whenever you have alien dignitaries on the Normandy, they have guards posted up in the conference room out side the war room. You have armed Alliance Guards throughout the ship. Not just to the soldiers guarding the war room entrance. These type of atmospheric changes just add to the experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention. They swapped the designs of the basic Cerberus troopers in the game. The basic troopers are in Cerberus Armor, Centurions are in Inferno Armor, and Guardians wear Ajax Armor. Nemesis and Phantoms are the same. Atlas Mechs are also far more durable. They were basically as durable as the M44- Hammerhead in standard game. Also they are "named" enemy mobs. I'm sure the names must have some significance. I thought they were random at first but one of them was name "Sergeant Gardner". In the vanilla game you find out that Mess Sergeant Gardner went back to Cerberus and was "integrated". In the modded game you actually fight him. There is no dialog, it's like the Morinth situation in the vanilla game, but again it's a nice touch. Look out for him on the "Cerberus Bomb" mission if you decide fiddle with mods.

Example of the NPC changes

1301721637_Screenshot(119).thumb.png.c4781161105adb799bb9cdccd9b38333.png

Elcor Soldier

326277900_Screenshot(120).thumb.png.bffe1232e4e4a8882f0bd44f712e0682.png

Edited by Darc_Requiem

@RSG3Been doing more messing around with mods. Wanted to give you a heads up. Because of the 3.5 GB memory limit that ME3 has. I'd advise only installing 2K Textures with ALOT. I had 4K Textures installed which wasn't an issue for all the mods installed until I added Project Variety. Project Variety is the mod that adds additional NPCs and the like to the game. It's a great mod and 2K textures are fine. After the Citadel Coup, the game would lock up on me after about 10 seconds in the Refugee Camp on the Citadel. I turned on the Task Manager and sure enough it was the memory issue. Even with 2K textures I'm hitting 3.3GB in that area. I figure I can save you trouble by posting any issues I come across. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Snip

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. I don't have a 4k monitor so I'd probably just use the 2k textures. I should look up what mods exist now, I haven't looked in like over 5 years lol. 

Edited by RSG3
22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. I don't have a 4k monitor so I'd probably just use the 2k textures. I should look up what mods exist now, I haven't looked in like over 5 years lol. 

I don't have a 4K monitor either. Texture Resolution is different than screen resolution. 4K Textures just means the texture is 4096x4096 pixels. For reference the original textures are only 512x512 pixels. The 2K textures are 2048x2048. The difference is most noticeable on clothes and armor. 

One of the biggest bugs, although minor, that annoyed the living hell about me in Mass Effect is fixed in this mod. The vanilla game has Shepard use the M8 Avenger Rifle or M3 Predator pistol no matter what you actually have equipped. The modded game has Shepard use his/her equipped weapons. How Bioware couldn't fix this is beyond me. Seeing Shepard use an Avenger Rifle or Predator handgun was annoying. More screens....

Joker is a perv

bfiPpWk.png

Miranda actually changes her look (I mean she's on the run)*

5mDPU7a.png

Cerberus Armor has Alliance Skins (Annoyed me that this wasn't in the vanilla game)

W8zjVKd.png

*There is a version of the mod that changes her hair color in addition to her hairstyle and clothing through out the game.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
45 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So you would prefer Shepard draw a weapon in cut scenes they aren't even carrying?

That was typo. I meant to say that Shepard always uses the M8-Avenger and M3 Predator no matter what weapon you are carrying. In the modded version Shepard uses what you have equipped. For example the Shepard in my pics is using a Spectre Harrier rifle and a M9-Tempest. In scenes were the vanilla game would default to the Predator, he uses the Tempest. In scenes were the vanilla game would default to the Avenger he uses the Spectre Harrier.  Sorry for the confusion. I'll fix the original post.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That was typo. I meant to say that Shepard always uses the M8-Avenger and M3 Predator no matter what weapon you are carrying. In the modded version Shepard uses what you have equipped. For example the Shepard in my pics is using a Spectre Harrier rifle and a M9-Tempest. In scenes were the vanilla game would default to the Predator, he uses the Tempest. In scenes were the vanilla game would default to the Avenger he uses the Spectre Harrier.  Sorry for the confusion. I'll fix the original post.

No problem just had me confused because the situation I thought you described drives me fuuuuucking nuuuuts lmao. Always yelling at my screen "I'm not even holding that fucking weapon!!" Lol. It's something I deffinitl y would fix and with the clear up seems we are on the same page in regard to it lol. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Hey Darc, you playing the old ME PC releases, or you playing the Legendary Bundle thing?

Original release of ME3. LE on PC is a waste of money right now. Mods have to be rebuilt for it and some of the best modders have no interest in doing so. In fact some of them have pulled their mods for the original releases. 

I played ME1 and ME2 on LE got to ME3 couldn't finish it because the game is mostly bad IMO. The one thing that bothers me most can't be fixed by modders. The dialog system in ME3 garbage. You make a choice and can literally go to the kitchen, make a sandwich, grab a drink, comeback, and more often than not sit down to see Shepard still talking. If it weren't for interrupt system conversations would be glorified cinematics.  

I know they did this to make the game more cinematic but it kills the replay value. You lose the ability to give Shepard nuance. Shepard stops feeling like the player's character. If the system was this way from the jump, it wouldn't be an issue. Edit: Didn't mean to go all :tldr: on you. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A little more of the mod changes in ME3.

Matriarch Aethyta's face is fixed.

oZ032Bh.png

Oriana's face resembles a younger Miranda

AJjt4us.png

Kellie's face and hair is fixed

erEIbSM.png

Buff Mod, didn't just buff FemShep's arms 👀

WLCwbbP.png

I like the look of your femsheps custom hair. One place I always thought ME dropped the ball, the CAC Hair choices where always trash. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I like the look of your femsheps custom hair. One place I always thought ME dropped the ball, the CAC Hair choices where always trash. 

Thanks, I wanted to go with something well more ethnic and there weren't really options in the default CAC. I will give LE that much. They basically took some of the new hair styles from Andromeda and threw them in the CAC. Andromeda's CAC had a small fro, large fro, and cornrows as an option. I still think Andromeda got crushed too hard. Don't get me wrong, their was no excuse for it to launch the way it did. That said, it wasn't Cyberpunk 2077 levels of broken at any point. It worked on base PS4, XB1, and PC fine at launch.

Hair Mods are awesome and terrible at the same time. The mods themselves look great but you can only have one installed at a time. Like the 3.5GB memory limit, modders haven't been able to get around the issue. If you get a chance to look at them at Nexus, a user there was able to get them all compiled together on the same page. So all the mods are on one page with pictures to give you a good idea of what you are getting.

Side note: If modders had the access to the games that Bioware does, I wonder what they could do. These games are not Bethesda titles.  They are intended to be heavily modded and tools to do so are provided. Modders had to create their own for the ME games.

Edit: I've changed my braided Femsheps face like three times during this playthrough. I like knowing how to do it but don't at the same time. Meanwhile I accidentally made a pretty boy Shepard in like 2 minutes in the CAC. :tldr:

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yea I was looking to scoop these but they are only on Origin and Steam. Wish there was a GOG release. I'll probably scoop it on Steam but man it's either the 60 dollar LE, or each game alone for like 20 bucks with it looks like none of the dlcs for them...tryinf to figure out how to scoop these. 

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I was looking to scoop these but they are only on Origin and Steam. Wish there was a GOG release. I'll probably scoop it on Steam but man it's either the 60 dollar LE, or each game alone for like 20 bucks with it looks like none of the dlcs for them...tryinf to figure out how to scoop these. 

I already had ME1 and ME2 from back in the day. I had to go to CD Keys type site to track down ME3 without getting completely ripped off. You can find ME3 for around $10 easy...it's the DLC's that are hard to get a decent price on.

Edit: Not changing her face any more, she may cap me.....

UOBQbOO.png

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 months later...

The ME3 Legendary Edition mod scene is actually improving faster than I thought. If they can get to the vanilla game's level, it will be a better experience, since the biggest issue with the old games is the memory limitation. LE doesn't have that. Here is something cool I saw for LE. Turns your Citadel clone into the opposite gender version of whatever Shepard you're playing.

Edited by Darc_Requiem