Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Nago’s placement isn’t accurate. He’s either in the medium class, or in a medium-heavy class by himself.

There’s a Millia air combo I was labbing that worked on everyone but Leo and Pot. I was assuming it wouldn’t work on Nago either, but it worked fine.

not that it matters, but fwiw, I altered the combo a bit to do the same damage but work on everyone

Edited by Mattatsu

So for RCC Cancel combos, if your the opponent is high enough, you can press jab to make whiff it and activate the fast RC and then finish the rest of the juggle.

Giovanna, in the corner, can do : Close 5S > 2HS xx QCB K RRC cancel with  jab (whiffs) , walk forward Close 5S > 2HS xx QCF K, Charged Dust for 217 damage.

I made this up, give me all the glory.

😤

🙏

Edited by Sonero
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Nago’s placement isn’t accurate. He’s either in the medium class, or in a medium-heavy class by himself.

There’s a Millia air combo I was labbing that worked on everyone but Leo and Pot. I was assuming it wouldn’t work on Nago either, but it worked fine.

not that it matters, but fwiw, I altered the combo a bit to do the same damage but work on everyone

Maybe it's hurtboxes specific, as warned with Faust in general. I know Ky has an "Abel hand" after a particular grounded sword swing. 

23 minutes ago, Sonero said:

So for RCC Cancel combos, if your the opponent is high enough, you can press jab to make whiff it and activate the fast RC and then finish the rest of the juggle.

Giovanna, in the corner, can do : Close 5S > 2HS xx QCB K RRC cancel with  jab (whiffs) , walk forward Close 5S > 2HS xx QCF K, Charged Dust for 217 damage.

I made this up, give me all the glory.

😤

🙏

I saw this Sol on stream stealing this but don't worry I wrote him a nasty letter in chat telling him it's called Perth-cancelling named after a famous incident at a Texas local. 😤

Giovanna can also do funky juggles with her grounded flip. Sometimes she crosses under the slowed down buddy and she can hit them with the back end of the move. That throws up in the air for a juggle. I was able to do Close 5S xx Flip and had it set up the juggle but it is hard AF.

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The three categories of weight: heavy, medium, and woman.

Have you seen how women get when they get called fat?

ArcSys was tryna survive man.

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

People like this are the reason zoners and grapplers aren’t strong in fighting games today.

Also want to know how you’re going to call it Mario Party without bringing up the party man himself, Faust?

Wait a minute...

spacer.png

So, Boobs Enjoyer wants May, Axl, Chipp and Pot gone? 3 males and a flat girl?

I'm trying to understand this tech @Shahenzanslipped me. 

Instant-air normal from a blue RC, which hits crouchers. 

Normally there's a minimum height at which we can airdash, preventing IA normals that don't reach really low really fast. 

You escape this limitation by pressing j.H as soon as you leave the ground because j.H kills momentum or something?  Or, because it's allowed to attempt a rising normal, and pressing dash button at same time doesn't do anything. Plink into blue RC.  Now you're hovering an inch off the ground, so low that j.S will hit crouchers even though it looks like it shouldn't. 

But there's more. 

If opponent transitions from high block to crouching block, and a blue RC clockslows him, you can fuzzy him. Standing hurtboxes linger like in SFIV. 

So we can likely open up someone with two aerial normals in a row.  Jump-in, which is blocked and they instinctively block low afterwards, but you immediately jump again, j.H + dash forward xx blue RC, back airdash j.S for the fuzzy. 

Back airdash necessary to hold the low height in time for j.S to come out. (Back airdash goes nowhere really, j.S has range to compensate.) 

I think I understand?

Edited by Pair of Rooks
2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

So I fought a Ky.

And he ended all his Blockstrings in Stun Dipper.

I didn't even attack him, I just waited for the Stun Dipper and then punished him for a big chunk. But he keeped trying. Lightning Car ain't safe.

Also IBing the second hit is really easy.

I don't know why so many Kys use that move so much, so incorrectly.  I've had a similar experience, in the mirror match, where I'm punishing blocked SD with combo into SD.  

End blockstrings with fireball, hitconfirms with SD.  For the S/HS gatlings of course.  End jab gatlings with DirePastry oH or oB and sometimes even on whiff if the other guy's twitchy. End K/2D Gatling with arckick for the sideswitch otg. That's Ky ground game 101.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Infinite blockstring that has two 3f+ gaps, loses to FB pushback, IB into button, all DPs, all armored moves, many supers, and possibly to stand block on sword toss again due to pushback. And if you somehow trade lows with Ram, who's really in more danger at that distance one sword down. 

Thx for the vid tho, I heard rumors of this.

End K/2D Gatling with arckick for the sideswitch otg. 

You can do Charged Stun Edge and get some legit Oki to work with instead. Just need a slight delay or it'll fly past the opponent, but it's still a very good option on his arsenal.

54 minutes ago, Volt said:

You can do Charged Stun Edge and get some legit Oki to work with instead. Just need a slight delay or it'll fly past the opponent, but it's still a very good option on his arsenal.

I use this but haven't capitalized on the inevitable downback. Gotta try the blue IA tech during it, gotta try PRC dash xx arckick for the sideswitch during the fireball. Hell, gotta try overhead.

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

does the Easter Egg with Pots Potbuster Input still work? Inputing 360s I mean, haven't tried it in Strive

Yes, and not just Pot I think. I keep meaning to test this with other HCB,F supers but forget.

Also fuck this heatwave. Seattle is not prepared for triple digit weather.  The mall fire alarms keep getting tripped from heat alone and post Covid restaurants can't handle a whole city that don't wanna use a stove.

8 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

So I fought a Ky.

And he ended all his Blockstrings in Stun Dipper.

I didn't even attack him, I just waited for the Stun Dipper and then punished him for a big chunk. But he keeped trying. Lightning Car ain't safe.

Also IBing the second hit is really easy.

Finally got the chance to play today for a decent amount of time and pretty sure the ky I ran it back with a couple times was using this move alot , wish I knew that earlier. 

And fuck his stupid flip kick too. 

I'm only on the 7th floor so I'm getting away with alot of unsafe gimmicky bullshit.  But hammerfall RC potbuster comebacks are godlike lol.

8 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yes, and not just Pot I think. I keep meaning to test this with other HCB,F supers but forget.

Also fuck this heatwave. Seattle is not prepared for triple digit weather.  The mall fire alarms keep getting tripped from heat alone and post Covid restaurants can't handle a whole city that don't wanna use a stove.

That was a specific thing for Pot.

They did something similar with Kanji in P4A, where his Commandgrabs were QCs and double QCs, however he could also input 360s and 720s to get advantages from it. More Damage and I believe shorter recovery or was it more invul? One of the two.

I don't think it works with other 632146 Inputs, I tried it yesterday with Tyrant Rave and got nothing from it.

I think I read 6236 for DP which is just awful if true

It's *very* common in ArcSys games and you'll learn to love it. Especially if you wanna combo 6H into DP.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I have heard that you could do 6246 instead of 632146 for a shortcut. Can’t find the post right now though.

*Looks at pad.*

Bro, it's only a shortcut if you operate your hitbox like a grandma typing. 🤣

This is literally the same motion written without the diagonals wtf?

1 hour ago, Volt said:

This is literally the same motion written without the diagonals wtf?

yup!

I could see it being a big help if you were playing on a korean lever with tiny corners, like a crazy dongpal or something, but for any stick with a gate, a pad, or a hitbox it's not really a shortcut. 

I think it would be a bigger shortcut/cheat if you could do 63146. That down input is pretty easy to miss on hitbox

Edited by KingTubb
44 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

yup!

I could see it being a big help if you were playing on a korean lever with tiny corners, like a crazy dongpal or something, but for any stick with a gate, a pad, or a hitbox it's not really a shortcut. 

I think it would be a bigger shortcut/cheat if you could do 63146. That down input is pretty easy to miss on hitbox

Can't relate. #AnalogGang

39 minutes ago, PussyStuffer said:

i hear this game has gdlk netcode...but a shitty roster.  opinions on its roster?

Roster is fine and we're getting 5 characters per Shill Pass. That's gonna add up quick.

Everyone got their own style and you can express your own even further because they aren't hard-capped into having one way to be played.

Honestly, most people that diss the roster are hatin because their mains didn't make it or because they're jealous because their fav game ain't it.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Won't somebody think of the poor cheatbox users?  😥

1 hour ago, PussyStuffer said:

i hear this game has gdlk netcode...but a shitty roster.  opinions on its roster?

Roster is fine unless you're a vet who's main is missing. 

I surprised no one blew a gasket cause most of the cast looks postpubescent now.