Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

How does that make sense?

Strive runs on literal potatos and you want to tell me, having higher graphic settings is the reason why it has more input delay?

PC FGs can run on literal 1f (technicaly 3 but details) of input delay and you want to tell me, the supposed super powerhouse of a Seto Kaiba Console cannot outperform it's former generation?

Weak! Weak!

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

How does that make sense?

Strive runs on literal potatos and you want to tell me, having higher graphic settings is the reason why it has more input delay?

PC FGs can run on literal 1f (technicaly 3 but details) of input delay and you want to tell me, the supposed super powerhouse of a Seto Kaiba Console cannot outperform it's former generation?

Weak! Weak!

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I didn't say that that's how it should be or that the devs shouldn't have just reduced the settings or whatever so it runs better. What I'm saying is that if the game is having a harder time running if the settings are high, then using the version that is less intensive having an effect on the delay makes sense. Even on PC the 4K setting causes the input delay to be worse apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can we just move all of Ky's fireballs to the P button.

And swap the buttons that DrInstall and Dire Eclat are on.  S.Vapor Thrust hitting behind means nothing when crossups change the input to DE which doesn't strike above assuming it even has enough time to get going. 

The last patch's promise that the DI input being strict enough that RtL couldn't trigger it are totally false.

(Obligatory: reduce fireball recovery)

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Hover dash is way better now. Completely messed up my I-No defense since the slower one didn't cover as much ground as quickly. Meant that she was jabbable in a lot of spots.

Now she just cracks your dome with impunity.

You should try her again after the patch. She's just so fast.

I don’t mean it was bad like...low tier. I just mean that I find using her dash hard to get used to. It’s clearly very good but it’s unorthodox compared to how most characters move. 

I actually really like I-no in both Strive and Xrd but I just really struggle with the hover dash. 

45 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Fast buttons, reversal, combos on them will work on everyone, etc

Nobody.  There are three weight classes in the game: got lights, mediums and heavies. Light are all the women, heavies are Leo/Pot/Goldlewis/SomebdoyelseIforgot and medium is everybody else.

Then you have differences in how they reel when hit. So the way I-No pops up and Sol pop up are waaaaaaaaay different.

GLHF and fuck Leo.

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Who is the best training dummy? 

Fast buttons, reversal, combos on them will work on everyone, etc

Typically, Ky.   5f jab (only Sol Chipp Gio are faster), middle of the road guts & defense, a DP for testing your whatever, no weird hurtbox issues standing idle like May or Gio, middle weight unlike tank and pixie characters, standard backdash iframes, standard throw range, etc.  

So I labbed I-no for like 20 mins then machine gunned ~60 park matches between 2 opponents. Some thoughts. 

Spoiler

* Sol is cancer. He’s not OP (at least when accounting for my level of skill) but Jesus Christ I swear this character has every tool in the game. Hard to imagine him being this good without being a masturbatory self insert of a dev.

* Hover dash takes a lot of getting used to, but it’s also super good as an offensive tool. It took awhile but eventually I stopped missing having a normal dash. That said the is post-patch...I did not feel this way before it was buffed

* I really like her fireballl. Reminds me of Nash’s Boom where it has year long startup, but once it’s out it can be a real headache to deal with for the other guy.

* Neutral with this character feels pretty fucking rough. She can obviously do work up close and at range she can safely out note on screen, but in between I feel lost. Her buttons don’t have great range, and Chemical Love would be a good poke if it wasn’t comically easy to low profile. Most times I found myself yolo Stroking hoping to make something happen.

* Could be my inexperience here, but coming from Nago and Pot her damage feels pretty low. Outside of raw grab super it feels hard to properly blow up a wrong guess. 

All in all I like her a bit more then Potemkin. She can actually do some of the things I want, but she isn’t a character I can see myself playing for hundreds of hours. 

I would love a character that was just note, a combo ender, and a set of Nago or Ky caliber buttons.

Edited by Vhozite
On 10/1/2021 at 9:16 PM, Vhozite said:

So I labbed I-no for like 20 mins then machine gunned ~60 park matches between 2 opponents. Some thoughts. 

Hide contents

* I really like her fireballl. Reminds me of Nash’s Boom where it has year long startup, but once it’s out it can be a real headache to deal with for the other guy.

* Neutral with this character feels pretty fucking rough. She can obviously do work up close and at range she can safely out note on screen, but in between I feel lost. Her buttons don’t have great range, and Chemical Love would be a good poke if it wasn’t comically easy to low profile. Most times I found myself yolo Stroking hoping to make something happen.

Yeah that's I-No.  She has good disjoint on at least three grounded buttons though so preemptively counterpoking is probably your missing piece of neutral.  She can straight up challenge long buttons from those that outrange her like she's May in an a2a situation.

Holy shit I forgot to mention the most important thing I like about I-no

Her special cancels actually fucking work. Everything combos into StbT or Love and it still works from farther away. I don’t feel like I’m artificially forced to fight inside the max range of my attacks for consistent conversions. 

I’m curious to see how they change faultless defense. Far as I can tell if does it’s job so idk what they think is wrong with it. Hoping they making it necessary for blocking grounded attacks while airborne but I doubt it. 

Milia fS xx disc or hair car combing is a change representative of what I’m hoping for character wise. 

Edited by Vhozite

A bit disappointed that this supposedly big October patch won't come paired with a brand new character. Feels like they should've spaced out Goldlewis and Jacko more. Goldlewis coming out this soon after launch also pretty much hints that he was done by the time the game shipped and was held intentionally to be sold as DLC. Typical fighting game strats really.

And if the roadmap sees no changes, then no new DLC charas will be available until 2022

4 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

A bit disappointed that this supposedly big October patch won't come paired with a brand new character. Feels like they should've spaced out Goldlewis and Jacko more. Goldlewis coming out this soon after launch also pretty much hints that he was done by the time the game shipped and was held intentionally to be sold as DLC. Typical fighting game strats really.

And if the roadmap sees no changes, then no new DLC charas will be available until 2022

The DLC should have started off with a bang by releasing either Happy Chaos/Slayer/Baiken first.  Nothing against Gold Lewis and Jack O but I don't think those two are selling season passes. 

23 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

The DLC should have started off with a bang by releasing either Happy Chaos/Slayer/Baiken first.  Nothing against Gold Lewis and Jack O but I don't think those two are selling season passes. 

Idk there was a lot of hype around Jack-O if only because people are horny. Ill admit I haven’t even considered buying Goldlewis lol. I like that Arc tries to have something for all tastes but Goldlewis has almost 0 redeeming aesthetic qualities for me.

Edited by Vhozite
6 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

A bit disappointed that this supposedly big October patch won't come paired with a brand new character

I'm a little surprised but not disappointed. Spread out the events so there's always something new on the horizon. 

But I also want the patch notes more than another character. 

I'm glad Goldlewis dropped for all the evilcanadians in our lives, and I'm looking forward to a character with some sort of playstyle that appeals to me. 

Now please fix Ky. Man's got more moves on his H button that some characters have in their whole kit, gl getting the right one.