Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks these character trailers are consistently terrible 

At this point, I just wait for the character guide. The trailer serves as a nice introduction, but doesn’t really tell us anything about Happy’s gameplay. When they showed his time up pose, it does show he has two resources: An ammo count and a bar that goes down when he shoots.

I wouldn’t mind it if like one of two characters could chain P>D for the purposes of roster diversity, but I don’t think that needs to become a widespread thing. P already chains into 6P xx special, which I think is a good compromise. If you want to chain into sweep from a fast button you use K. 

Gatlings could use some freeing up but giving more options to P is not how I would do it.

Damn. The homie really be out here playing Valorant/CS. Aim from the hip or while moving for less accurate shots, use ADS for more accuracy, he can cook grenades and use Scapegoats for line ups. 

But in all seriousness, he does look cool. Gonna be mad difficult managing those resources tho, any Sol or Giovanna is just gonna maul you if you run out of bullets. Gonna be a fun day 1. I won't be going up floors for a looooooong time 👍 

Just watch the breakdown vid and Happy Chaos just doesn’t seem like my cup of tea. Nobody wants GG Deadshot but he seems way to complicated for a character that ultimately just goes pew pew.

But really can we talk about how every DLC character so has some kind of meter limiting their unique options? Happy Chaos has a resource bar and ammo to keep track of lol. Can we get some more characters like we have in the vanilla roster who are unique without having to watch an extra bar. 

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

But really can we talk about how every DLC character so has some kind of meter limiting their unique options? Happy Chaos has a resource bar and ammo to keep track of lol. Can we get some more characters like we have in the vanilla roster who are unique without having to watch an extra bar. 

Its an anime thing. If it doesn't have some sort if extraneous resource to manage, it isnt much of an anime character. I hate that they brought that to SF (didn't like it with Hakan, didn't like it with SF5 ibuki either).

I'm looking forward to Happy Chaos though. It seems like he doesn't do much but odds are good he'll be bullshit 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Its an anime thing. 

Is it though? I agree it’s definitely more common in anime games but there are good examples of engaging anime characters that don’t have to manage resources *in this game*, let alone across the genre. Like Milia, Faust, Pot, and others are still cool/fun without the extra bar. 

Idk I don’t like extra resource management it feels like the most shortcut way to give a character depth. I wouldn’t care if they were spreading it out but this is like the 3rd character in a row. 

15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Idk I don’t like extra resource management it feels like the most shortcut way to give a character depth. I wouldn’t care if they were spreading it out but this is like the 3rd character in a row. 

Thats what it is some of the time.  "Put some meters on it" is like the anime version of Tabasco sauce.  You should've seen how hype James Chen was over Ibuki having to reload her kunai in SF5.

Usually GG didn't have a lot of extra meters. Think XX only really had Eddie gauge. Oh right, you also had Robo Ky, James cards and Holy Order Sol's meters. Think once you moved away from those there wasn't a lot of characters with extraneous stuff to them.

BlazBlue was kinda wild with it. Rachel had her wind meter, Tager had a bar just for his fireball, you had two different puppet characters, Hakumen's super bar was its own separate thing from the rest of the cast,  oh and then you have susanoo who has to unlock his special moves.

ArcSys gets jiggy with bells and whistles. 

20 hours ago, Sonero said:

Thats what it is some of the time.  "Put some meters on it" is like the anime version of Tabasco sauce.  You should've seen how hype James Chen was over Ibuki having to reload her kunai in SF5.

Usually GG didn't have a lot of extra meters. Think XX only really had Eddie gauge. Oh right, you also had Robo Ky, James cards and Holy Order Sol's meters. Think once you moved away from those there wasn't a lot of characters with extraneous stuff to them.

BlazBlue was kinda wild with it. Rachel had her wind meter, Tager had a bar just for his fireball, you had two different puppet characters, Hakumen's super bar was its own separate thing from the rest of the cast,  oh and then you have susanoo who has to unlock his special moves.

ArcSys gets jiggy with bells and whistles. 

Also Jam, Zappa, Testament, ABA, and Johnny had UI resources. Not literal meters in all cases but it's still the same thing in the end.

Edited by Gasarocky

I’m gonna give him a try tonight or over the weekend. Despite my distaste for resource management he does have me intrigued. I got bored of Millia after like 2 weeks. Mainly worried about how bad his defense looks to be. 

If he doesn’t mesh I’ll probably just double back to Nago or Ram. I really want to play the game but I can’t find a character I enjoy long term.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Gasarocky said:

Played a bunch of Chaos today, he's so fucking fun. I love that he has real zoning and pressure as well. So sick!

I don't know about him having real zoning, but he is one squirely fucker. In a few weeks, when people really figure out how good he is at moving away from people, it is going to be a damned pain in the ass to land a hit on him.

53 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m gonna give him a try tonight or over the weekend. Despite my distaste for resource management he does have me intrigued. I got bored of Millia after like 2 weeks. Mainly worried about how bad his defense looks to be. 

He doesn't necessarily have zoning per say.  What he does have though is a bunch of skill tools. They aren't beyblade or Nago clone obvious. They are "If you spend 6 hours in training mode you'll find all sorts of ways to make your opponent's life a massive pain in the ass" level of things.

They've figured out the basics of his ground pressure so far. But the neutral with him is tricky  AF. The main thing about him is that you can shoot his gun at any time during a normal and while doing some of his specials. So you can  do your clone move and put an H shot out there, you can whiff a normal and put an H shot, you can hit your opponent with any normal and put an H shot. Getting used to that and making sure you do combos that let you reload is pretty important with him.

Happy Chaos is a cool character but he is pretty hard in a lot of areas. His pressure is ridic though.

I don’t really care about zoning full time but I do like to have tools to keep opponents honest in neutral. Mostly just stopping the other guy from getting cheeky full screen or just yoloing right into my space. 

Since HC costs money I might give Nago or Ram another try first.