Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

That’s a pretty good way of putting it. Sometimes the damage feels really high but then I’ve had other times where I have combos doing no damage because they are getting brutalized by scaling. With Nago I try to find combos that use PRC instead of RRC because it makes a noticeable difference with damage scaling. Stuff like command grab RRC conversions give you like 2 hits before you are doing 1 damage per attack lol. 

I will say that I’m not a big fan of this counterhit system with the enormous slowdowns. Not sure what started or necessitated this trend but this is the 3rd game in a row I’ve invested a good amount of time into (SFV, MK11, GGS)  where games have to draw a huge amount of attention to counter hits to give you the world’s easiest confirm into big damage. My boomer-style opinion on it is that it’s dumbing down neutral and (for me) making it less enjoyable.

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

If Nago didn't have the back teleport, the character literally wouldn't function.

Yeah imo Fukyo is easily his best special like it isn’t even a contest. His mobility would drop to arguably sub-Potemkin tier without it, and he wouldn’t be able to capitalize on a lot of the things people actually hate about the character. 

I think beyblade is also an acceptable answer because that move does everything, but my main point is that the answer is definitely not his command grab. Grab could be taken out of the game today with no compensation and I don’t think my W/L ratio would change at all. Between fSSS and super his grab is not necessary to manage his meter. 

Like to me the ranking goes 

Fukyo>>Beyblade>Clone>DP>>>>>>>Grab

Edit: I will say that that hitbox on Beyblade is absolutely moronic. Reminds me of Urien’s pre-nerf EX tackle 

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I know with all the Ramlethal I’m associated with, you would never guess Faust is also one of my favorite characters. Back during the second beta, I promised myself I would reach Celestial with him. I’m practicing with Ram now for when the reset happens.

I really enjoyed matches with your Faust. Hilarious shit happens every time.

Goldlewis matches are dumb fun too but I miss Ky's crappy fireball in that match.

Slept on the trailer and the more I think on Baiken the more I’m not sure I actually like her in Strive. Her parry is super watered down and I really don’t like the tether mechanic at all for multiple reasons. 

I’ll reserve full judgement till I play her, but I’ve lost a lot of wind in my sails.

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Besides Baiken and Combo maker, just bug fixes. Which makes sense since Frosty is this week and Arc Revo is March. Don’t think we’ll get a big balance patch until then.

I honestly hope we dont' get a patch until after the 5th character.

Think most of the characters are in a good place. The stuff that bothers me are basically unfixable so it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Like what? The only thing I absolutely hate in Strive that I think NEEDS to change is guard break

Guard Crush is one of them, Zato having Oppose and then just some other random mechanic stuff that irks me.  None of that stuff is ever gonna get a seriously look at for how poorly thoughtout they were so you just accept it and move on.

Thankfully FD works against GoldLewis. He was legitimately terrible to fight before that. Now he is still kinda awful but you can some options.