Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Baiken counter is 1-frame!? I may have to start playing some Strive.

Its only active for 6 frames though.

So its harder to use than you'd think it would be. on the plus side, if you block Ky's stun dipper, you can counter the second part for free. Which makes me think that there might be some other multihit specials you can blow up with it.

23 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its only active for 6 frames though.

So its harder to use than you'd think it would be. on the plus side, if you block Ky's stun dipper, you can counter the second part for free. Which makes me think that there might be some other multihit specials you can blow up with it.

I'll take the lower active frames over the three way guess I had to do with Gouken and Kolin.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Tried some Baiken, seems alright. Back to Jack-o.

I'm still struggling with some basic things in this game. How the hell do you wakeup overdrive regularly? Specifically with those goofy half-circle back - forward commands. I've gotten the timing right like 3 times in 30 minutes.

Try a 360 for that motion, forward around to forward again.  It feels much more natural.

Reversal window is like 4f and that's after arcsys widened it.

Matchup Games Win rate (raw)
Win rate (rating adjusted)
May 15 67% 73%
I-No 32 59% 63%
Zato-1 25 52% 49%
Nagoriyuki 22 50% 47%
Leo 6 50% 37%
Baiken 62 45% 40%
Chipp 9 44% 61%
Millia 14 43% 58%
Potemkin 22 41% 67%
Faust 15 40% 60%
Sol 25 40% 58%
Happy Chaos 10 40% 39%
Goldlewis 13 38% 65%
Anji 36 36% 53%
Jack-O' 17 35% 59%
Axl 6 33% 82%
Giovanna 12 33% 49%
Ky 31 29% 38%
Ramlethal 20 20% 51%

God damn do I suck at this game. 

Numbers are just for year 2022, in which I haven't played much, but still

On 2/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Sonero said:

King Ky is gonna get it done this weekend.

Put a 👑 for the homie.

4 Ky's were in top 32, and he was the most picked character there (tied with Sol).

None of them made top 8. Only Churara made 9th.

2 Gios were in top 32.  Both are in top 8.

Can you please tell me again all the reasons Ky is a good character?  I need some @Sonerobrand copium™️ cause the off-the-shelf stuff just ain't doing it.

13 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

4 Ky's were in top 32, and he was the most picked character there (tied with Sol).

None of them made top 8. Only Churara made 9th.

2 Gios were in top 32.  Both are in top 8.

So more Kys made it to top 32 (showing they are better against the field) but only 2 gios did.

None got into top 8 where things get more condenced. Sounds like the players dropped the ball, no the king.

I watched the HC vid a few days ago and tried to follow the advice.

Alas, my reactions aren't up to snuff even to block full screen zoning. 

Otoh his advice was basically FD on reaction + don't jump cause of the extra knockback oB, eventually resources are consumed. 

I low-key dislike his videos cause he takes forever to make a point.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone try out the combo recipe thing? 

I tried it a bit and... I'm not the biggest fan. 

The UI navigation is horrible, and I'm unclear on how this is much different than YouTube. 

Like, I tried an a2a combo, it mostly didn't work, so... I'm just as at a loss as if I'd seen it on YouTube... but without a comment section to pick up the slack.

YouTube also has better UI, being a mouse and all, plus with slowdown options that if Strives thingy has I can't find it. 

I can't even "download" a combo I'd like to keep except by exiting and searching the internet again. How tf do you put the "save for later" option on the wrong fucking menu? 

And then make some menus nav by dpad but others nav by shoulder buttons? Wtfffff????

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Pretty sure he'll have PRC unblockables with the overhead special.

There's a system mechanic where if a low and an overhead occur at the same time the latter is changed to a mid.   In older games it had to be on same frame so it didn't matter, but I believe it's like a 5f window now? 

Zato already has a PRC unblockable with Pierce RC command-grab, but no matter what happens there's no combo after, it's just a single attack. 

Zato's unblockable with meaty drill + command overhead was removed -- drill hits mid now, always. 

So I really doubt Test will have cheap stuff there.  Either no unblockable, or if so, you get nothing of consequence off of it for the meter you just spent.

Frame data for that special overhead is 28f startup.  24(?) for the low.  

We want to know if his go-nowhere teleport will spotdodge. 

5 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

There's a system mechanic where if a low and an overhead occur at the same time the latter is changed to a mid.   In older games it had to be on same frame so it didn't matter, but I believe it's like a 5f window now? 

That's skullgirls, not this game. At least I've never heard of it being here.

7 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Zato already has a PRC unblockable with Pierce RC command-grab, but no matter what happens there's no combo after, it's just a single attack. 

Look if we're gonna start calling landing a command grab the same as hitting people with an unblockable, we're just gonna have a hard time communicating.

17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's skullgirls, not this game. At least I've never heard of it being here.

Look if we're gonna start calling landing a command grab the same as hitting people with an unblockable, we're just gonna have a hard time communicating.

I'm trying to find the vid, but my watch history is so polluted with the rest of the fam's copious videos it's hard.  It included Zato fucking up Kliff. 

Command grabs can be part of unblockable setups. C-Grabs lose to jumps, backdashes, many buttons, but Pierce catches all those and the c.grab catches DPs and blocks.  What else to call it? 

18 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

ArcSys games usually have a thing going where if a low and overhead hit on the same frame one attack is determined by some arbitrary factor to hit first and then the second one would hit. In xrd you could TECHNICALLY block high/low same frame setups by correctly choosing high or low then alternating guard within one frame, but it is a total guess and really difficult to do. Since one had to hit first, in xrd you could hard commit to blitz high or low to cut out having to alternate guard but that is ofc not here. 

This system has been consistent in several games now, and I guess the best way to deal with it in strive would be hard guess high/low then immediately YRC assuming you guessed right. That said, I don't think this testament will have unblockables

Thx.  I tried hard to find that video that said it, but I cannot find it.  It was obv made by a GG boomer but it wasn't the usual content creators so I'm thinking it was some no-name person whom I found through a full day of discord surfing.  😞 

Old man vs internet is a bad matchup. 

___

Any patch predictions, gang?  🙂 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
7 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Fanny for S2 anyone?

Oh hell no. Go play Skullgirls.

I'm interested in Asuka/That Man, ABA, Kliff, Jam, and Sin.  Zappa... nah too weird. 

Kliff and Sin wield a long weapon, Jam was SF4 Juri before Juri, Asuka is important for story reasons and is probably a zoning nerd so yeah. 

ABA is a fucked up redhead. That's as much fan service as you'll get from me. 

IDK it's a weird question cause a character changes so much when brought over to Strive I'm not sure the question even means anything.  If you wanted Testament, did you get Testament or someone else with his name?

Haven't been paying much attention to this game since Goldlewis came out but I did catch the end of NLBC a few days ago.  This guy named Eddventure was using Jack O and he was locking people down in the corner and they couldn't escape.   Not sure how he was doing it but it kinda looked sick, the wall wasn't breaking or anything.  Shit looked like old guilty gear lol.  

6 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Haven't been paying much attention to this game since Goldlewis came out but I did catch the end of NLBC a few days ago.  This guy named Eddventure was using Jack O and he was locking people down in the corner and they couldn't escape.   Not sure how he was doing it but it kinda looked sick, the wall wasn't breaking or anything.  Shit looked like old guilty gear lol.  

you just need 50 and no burst on the opponent.
 Any 5HS, 2HS , 236K cancelled into cheer servant on HS (the red buff super)  become plus on block. So if you have a servant down you can start an infinite blockstring that can only be interrupted by burst, YRC and invincible reversal, but you can use a reversal safe string if needed.

If you have 2 minions down already or enough meter to do back to back supers you are guaranteed to max the opponent's risk.
The string will drain all the opponent's meter on FD and if they don't FD the chip damage is insane.
Add to that that once you crank the risk to max you get a guaranteed high/low mixup between 2K and 5D that leads to a full damage combo because of the properties of the max RISC counter hit.

Out of a throw in the corner you're guaranteed a gapless 2 servant blockstring, in any other situation with only 1 servant down and cheer super being used they might try to sneak in a second summon servant during the blockstring, which is your only way out if don't have burst and meter for YRC, but first of all, they need to go for it in the first place, and second the gap can happen at different points, sometimes being a very small gap.
That's why you see some Jack'o players (Eddventure being one) always doing summon servant into immediate 5P off a corner throw, while in itself it's not a good move, because you waste 1 hit on your servant when you don't need to, you do guarantee yourself a second summon of servant while also keeping your turn.
What I don't like is that Edd seems to autopilot into corner throw>servant>5P even if he has no intentions of setting up a second servant.