Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

The first story is 10 hours long but the second is 40 minutes? The hell?

Same thing happened with Xrd Rev 2. Main story is several hours long and any additional story was about 30 minutes. These things probably take a bunch of time to make. While I wish it could’ve been longer at some points, I didn’t dislike it at all. At least it showed what Ram, May, and Faust were doing when the main story was happening. And Baiken being relevant and becoming a caretaker was nice.

12 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I can't figure out spoiler tag on mobile but tl;dr you ain't missing much.

Clicking on the eyeball will have a spoiler box pop up.

uXWxNVm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lol they buffed Millia f.S. I remember saying that move was trash and needed to be buffed but was told it would never happen because “Millia is a rush down character who needs to get in…” blah blah blah. Disc not disappearing if it’s blocked is also an enormous quality of life buff. 

Not gonna reinstall but it seems like a good patch.

Also am I reading this right Pot lost his reversal? lel 

Edited by Vhozite

I may be wrong, but it sounds like they got rid of tiger knees for special moves that can be done on the ground and air like Tatami and Stun Edge.

Edit: Diaphone thinks this is because these moves wouldn’t come out if you inputted an up direction, not getting rid of Tiger Knee. Makes sense.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Did they ever announce cross play?

They announced they would have crossplay at the end of ArcRevo. There’s no established date when but they said they’ll will have a beta for it this Summer during the first year stream.

Edited by BornWinner

Looks like they're replacing Ky's fingernail with a sword!  Wow!  I have a sword now!    And possibly even an air fireball for Axl matches!

I even like Ky's nerfs.  RtL is less scrubby, flip kick less scrubby (clashes with jabs now), blocked AA DP is more punishable (ok ig), and Shock State turns off if Ky is hit (lol ok go right ahead). 

Also the Feng Shui Engine buff on Dragon Install.  lol.  I can run-up grab Chipp now. 😂

10/10 patch.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
12 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Damn I’m really liking these changes to Nago. Nerfed his dumbest move that I didn’t abuse and buffed him in the areas I like. 

I kinda do want to try the game again. I’m over my salt about Baiken and the characters I already like are better. Did they ever announce cross play?

Spin isn't even his dumbest move imo, that award goes to clone bc goddamn that move is dummy

Also yeah crossplay coming soon, beta this summer

Kyle players crocodile tears rewarded them with undeserved buffs.

As per the TK thing, They are not taking TK input away for TK moves.
You have to realize that when you press the attack button for a TK you delay it to be in the air at the time of the move. This just means that if you accidentally input up while still on the ground the move will come out
(see how KoF uses TK input  to avoid accidental DPs but characters still have TK moves)

gg @Pair of Rooks

I really want to like Baiken but I can’t find many good reasons. Everything feels just…meh. Tatami is meh, her buttons are meh, her mid screen combos are meh. Like I enjoyed fighting you the person but actually playing Baiken just felt extremely boring outside of landing parries and TK youzan. 

Playing Baiken fees like going to Popeyes and ordering all sides because they don’t have any chicken.

I’ll be sticking to Nago and maybe Millia.

Also I absolutely hate that rope shit that attaches the characters.

Edited by Vhozite
31 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

gg @Pair of Rooks

I really want to like Baiken but I can’t find many good reasons. Everything feels just…meh. Tatami is meh, her buttons are meh, her mid screen combos are meh. Like I enjoyed fighting you the person but actually playing Baiken just felt extremely boring outside of landing parries and TK youzan. 

Playing Baiken fees like going to Popeyes and ordering all sides because they don’t have any chicken.

GG's.  

Her midscreen combos need the metal chain special not the tatami mat to have bite. That's about all I know of baiken from fighting her. I didn't purchase her.

Supposedly she's low-key good, just very unassuming.

GGs. Man I gotta work on my execution. There's even spaghetti on my ceiling.

22 hours ago, Vhozite said:

gg @Pair of Rooks

actually her slash buttons are on crack

On 6/11/2022 at 1:55 AM, Sonero said:

boy am I surprised...

17 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

actually her slash buttons are on crack

boy am I surprised...

I’m not commenting on the quality or viability of her attacks, im saying she’s boring to use. Her buttons are good but they aren’t fun to hit. I don’t feel like I’m slapping my dick across someone’s face they’re just golf clap level excitement.

Edited by Vhozite