Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

47 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m not commenting on the quality or viability of her attacks, im saying she’s boring to use. Her buttons are good but they aren’t fun to hit. I don’t feel like I’m slapping my dick across someone’s face they’re just golf clap level excitement.

I see, and I do kinda have the same feeling, I wanted to main her when she came out but outside of her successful counter being hella satisfing I didn't have much fun either

24 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I can tell Ky must be good now because i get so much salt when someone wins now.  teabagging, corpse hitting, etc.  😂

He was good before, it's just that now he's dumb good and shitters can win too

Holy shit Nago fS gets way faster with bloodrage. At level 3 it has 12f startup (vs the level 1 16f startup). It’s now actually worth using when your bloodrage is high, unlike before when it was objectively worse than 5H at level 3. 2S goes from 12f startup to 10f. Not as dramatic a change but it was already a quick button so that’s expected. 

Also Kamu is -3 now, but it still can be made neutral or even plus if you hit on the last active frame. Basically you have to space it now, which is perfectly fair. 

12 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Also Kamu is -3 now, but it still can be made neutral or even plus if you hit on the last active frame. Basically you have to space it now, which is perfectly fair. 

Got hit by this yesterday.
On a certain knowckdown fukyo>Kamu is guaranteed meaty +

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I like the game but I just don’t feel fulfilled fighting randoms.

Honestly I've lost a lot of my like for the game now. They fixed nothing, made stupid stuff stupider and in general its overall kinda shitty.

Damage is higher for characters that were high damage and my character got nerfed for no good reason. CEO is going to be a parade of stupid shit.

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

Honestly I've lost a lot of my like for the game now. They fixed nothing, made stupid stuff stupider and in general its overall kinda shitty.

Damage is higher for characters that were high damage and my character got nerfed for no good reason. CEO is going to be a parade of stupid shit.

What don’t you like about the game? I don’t follow the patches or meta close enough to know what’s changing outside of my low level Nago play. 

I come to terms with Strive not bring my ideal game so I just enjoy it for what it is with people I know…just Like SFV unfortunately lol

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate playing this game in the park sometimes even though it should be perfect for finding games

* First guy: Terrible connection. Only play one match

* Second guy: Beginner Sol I beat easily. Quits after one match

* Third guy: Super high level Chipp who beats me easily. Quits after two matches

* Fourth guy: Baiken who leaves after two extremely close matches

* Fifth: 3 people in a row readying up just to back out before we fight 

Fucking Christ I just want to settle in and play the game. 

Edited by Vhozite
18 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I really hate playing this game in the park sometimes even though it should be perfect for finding games

* First guy: Terrible connection. Only play one match

* Second guy: Beginner Sol I beat easily. Quits after one match

* Third guy: Super high level Chipp who beats me easily. Quits after two matches

* Fourth guy: Baiken who leaves after two extremely close matches

* Fifth: 3 people in a row readying up just to back out before we fight 

Fucking Christ I just want to settle in and play the game. 

This is kinda why i play tower almost exclusively.  Opponents are almost always around my level and ppl are there ready to game.  

The actual rank gained from the mode is extremely whatever; I assume it's just an input into the matchmaking to get me others at my level.  (yeah i know that doesn't mathematically make any sense)

18 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Holy shit when are you supposed to hit buttons vs HC? Everyone says to wait for him to get low on resources but he is literally reloading mid pressure 

oh but japan says he low tier tho.   They buffed his buttons for season 2 lol 

On 7/3/2022 at 7:36 AM, Vhozite said:

Holy shit when are you supposed to hit buttons vs HC? Everyone says to wait for him to get low on resources but he is literally reloading mid pressure 

spacer.png
When you see this you have to pick between throw and 6P

Throw beats 5K6K
6P beast 5K6S

Edited by ZioSerpe

I did that survey a day or two ago. Judging by the survey they seem well aware of all the big complaints against the game. My big things were frame data/hitboxes in training mode and fixing the ever present connection issues. It was real nice that they asked for feedback on the season pass and I was able to voice my grievances with it. 

Character wise I voted for Dizzy, Justice, and Venom. That said I don’t really care who they add next since I’m plenty satisfied with Nago, Millia, and hopefully Gio soon. It’s funny because I feel like in every FG I always end up playing base roster characters.

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

My big things were frame data/hitboxes in training mode and fixing the ever present connection issues

Same.  It was a pretty thorough survey. I'm mostly fine with whatever direction they go, but a couple of mechanical or technical issues need polish.

I voted for Asuka Jam Sin but have been pretty impressed with every character's design.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, okie doke.

The issues with Bridget's stories are weird well before you get to anybody trying to claim that this singular character represents the entirety of their own personal life story dealing with gender dysphoria.  One thing I do take issue with is having to go to the dustloop character discord and read a bunch of bullshit about her gender before getting to tech.

Like gaddamn, I just wanna look cute, yoyo and mix people. We already established that Everybody is Gay For Bridget decades ago. Zoomers just don't understand.

I've never really understand why gamers get so bent out of shape about a fictional character's sexuality.  So funny how the human mind works.  After seeing some Bridget gameplay online I'm sort of tempted to try him out.  He seems to have some really cool set-ups with those yo-yos; reckon  I'll spend some time in the lab with him later tonight.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Sonero said:

Alright PC cowards, where you at?

Floor 5, with a yo-yo and a dream. 😤

Pretty awesome that the whole game including all DLC is f2p for the crossplay test.   That's smart, and I appreciate the ability to try before i buy on some of these characters. 

I got the game's music off so I'm doing training and ranked modes with some chill lo-fi.   Is nice. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big December update on the 15th.

Big balance patch that claims to buff the lower tiers.

Crossplay with PC and PS will be added.

Connection strength and Ping are shown before you fight someone online. 

You now have the option to skip a rating update and play through all three matches.

Character dropping in March teased with scenes from the second story mode. Likely to be Delilah, Bedman’s sister. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 7:34 PM, BornWinner said:

New patch notes dropped. Several system changes with some buffs and nerfs.

https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/post-1739/

It looks like the Twitter will be posting about the update. Here is the changes for RISC and meter gain.

I'm pretty happy with this patch. It wasn't very large but it hit all the right areas. 

LordKnight is also a fan 😂