Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae

54 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Feeling those kyle buffs or did you ride the testament train to the bank?

Lol Ky got nothing for this patch except nerfs to top tiers. (Although that is still greatly appreciated.)  But yeah the previous patch's buffs to S disjoints and air gatlings make a world of difference.

I haven't played any more Test and am still bearish on the characters prospects.  They're a worse Ky on a better gimmick.

How you doing? Or are you on that DNF crack?

Edited by Pair of Rooks
2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Lol Ky got nothing for this patch except nerfs to top tiers. (Although that is still greatly appreciated.)  But yeah the previous patch's buffs to S disjoints and air gatlings make a world of difference.

I haven't played any more Test and am still bearish on the characters prospects.  They're a worse Ky on a better gimmick.

How you doing? Or are you on that DNF crack?

Bearish on this version of test? I implore you to reconsider,  testament is chucking more plasma than ky or any other character could dare to dream about

Nah i thought dnf was stupid before this patch and it only got dumber. Ive been making do with humble nago and playing melty

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Ah! didn't see this.

thought you were gonna ping me on discord.

Now I gotta go for a while, might be able in 3 hours.

Oh right that makes sense. Will do.

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

Bearish on this version of test? I implore you to reconsider,  testament is chucking more plasma than ky or any other character could dare to dream about

Nah i thought dnf was stupid before this patch and it only got dumber. Ive been making do with humble nago and playing melty

Oh I agree she's buffed, but some are saying she's a meta threat. I don't buy it.

I will say it's nice to believe we don't know who the best character is rn. I mean yeah it's probably just one of them thar gun characters but it isn't proven yet?  😅

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Why do you say that?  I'm out of the loop on DNF, haven't played since the summer.  

Think the last version of the game boiled down to picking one of the very obnoxious top tier characters and leveraging their stupid gameplans. Striker neutral skip and guard breaks, hitman get to 30 percent health so he can tod you from a safeish dp or just kill you slowly with his ambiguous # of hits instant overhead mixups, etc etc

The new version didn't take any of that away it just added more bullshit to every character which is not a balance philosophy i care for. Dnf might be a cool game for people who like something really simple and really bullshit but that demographic is not me lol

59 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Oh right that makes sense. Will do.

Oh I agree she's buffed, but some are saying she's a meta threat. I don't buy it.

I will say it's nice to believe we don't know who the best character is rn. I mean yeah it's probably just one of them thar gun characters but it isn't proven yet?  😅

Idk man id buy testament stocks but i can't resist nago he's just too good at his job even with the nerfs lol

I think the best char is still happy chaos but the balance feels closer than last patch. Axl and anji feel especially stronger

2 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

Think the last version of the game boiled down to picking one of the very obnoxious top tier characters and leveraging their stupid gameplans. Striker neutral skip and guard breaks, hitman get to 30 percent health so he can tod you from a safeish dp or just kill you slowly with his ambiguous # of hits instant overhead mixups, etc etc

The new version didn't take any of that away it just added more bullshit to every character which is not a balance philosophy i care for. Dnf might be a cool game for people who like something really simple and really bullshit but that demographic is not me lol

Fair enough.  The game was fun out of the gate but I agree the TOD combos got tiresome.  I think Brian_F put it best that long ass combos are cool in games like Hokuto No Ken and Marvel where they're difficult to pull off.  The problem with DNF is everybody is doing them day 2.  

Ah well, in the end it probably just pushed more players back into Melty and Strive.  

On 12/24/2022 at 3:30 PM, Shahenzan said:

Idk man id buy testament stocks but i can't resist nago he's just too good at his job even with the nerfs lol

I think the best char is still happy chaos but the balance feels closer than last patch. Axl and anji feel especially stronger

Yeah, agreed.  Axl's always been a problem mu for ky and anji's not a walk in the park either if you can't block an overhead, but at least they're kinda rare. 

Re Testament  maybe it's cause I can chuck plasma at the same rate of fire but full screen that unimpresses me, but her vacuum 2H seems much more obnoxious.  Even then, how'd I get touched by a 2H in the first place.  Seems ok.

May is annoying for the first time ever, since 2S isn't a Stop That button anymore.

Nago I swear has the flu or something. Every time I send him through a wall I'm like dude are you ok, do you need a Snickers or something? 

On 12/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, Pair of Rooks said:

Who likes Option Selects?  We got a new one.  Attack button plink FD plink RC. 

EDIT slightly clearer explanation from our resident monkey 

Slightly OT: @EvilCanadianhow do you record / upload a Strive match with so little of the black borders around the game screen?  I used OBS naively and on mobile landscape I've big borders on all four sides.

EDIT actually I think I found root cause: my monitors are 16:10 not 16:9.   

Edited by Pair of Rooks
17 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Slightly OT: @EvilCanadianhow do you record / upload a Strive match with so little of the black borders around the game screen?  I used OBS naively and on mobile landscape I've big borders on all four sides.

EDIT actually I think I found root cause: my monitors are 16:10 not 16:9.   

I record everything on console, where there is no issues or problems, and everything just works.

• 2 weeks later...

Belated, but GGs @Shahenzan Took me this long to get back to my gaming machine.

Match felt pretty even.  I have a horrible backdash habit, misinputs galore, the Daisuke uppercut, and general spaghetti I need to clean up, but it was a fun fight.  I dropped so many rounds I coulda won. The health nerf is definitely real.  But I think I only stun dippered one 5H in all 30 games. Made about as much difference as guard crush Sacred Edge.

I was wondering why you jumped so much til I saw your last Steam message.  I didn't know he even had any safe jumps lol 

11 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Belated, but GGs @Shahenzan Took me this long to get back to my gaming machine.

Match felt pretty even.  I have a horrible backdash habit, misinputs galore, the Daisuke uppercut, and general spaghetti I need to clean up, but it was a fun fight.  I dropped so many rounds I coulda won. The health nerf is definitely real.  But I think I only stun dippered one 5H in all 30 games. Made about as much difference as guard crush Sacred Edge.

I was wondering why you jumped so much til I saw your last Steam message.  I didn't know he even had any safe jumps lol 

ggs gamer

yeah i been playing a little more recently and have not been pleased at how many people just mash on me so i had to upgrade my offense. time in the melty blood mines taught me to look for OSs everywhere lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

image.png

"standard projectiles" include, from the right moving left,

* A reversal

* A tracking  overhead

* An aerial low 

* A guard crush

"Mixup heavy" doesn't have the teleport. It's 3rd from the right in "various unique effects".

Wtf.

EDIT oh the number is how many copies of that card are in that deck. Ok, that makes much more sense.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
2 hours ago, Jocelot said:

What a wild character. Really fitting for That Man, but wow. They lost me at "Bookmark (Auto Import)".

So he's actually pretty different than Nine, I wonder how often he'll be able to get the ball rolling in an actual match

I like math nerd Amakusa. His robe and cape go well with his sneakers.  I don't think I'll main him, if only because I don't think it's actually possible lol but I'm glad he's here and I hope he won't be trash.

On 5/19/2023 at 8:49 AM, Sonero said:

Is that what it is? thought it was the Mana cost for each spell.

🤔

I believe each Spell has its own Mana cost so yeah i think this is the card count. Trust Arcsys to come up with something insane like this. I don't know how you're supposed to multitask that quickly unless you're jacked into the matrix. Lord Knight has a really good breakdown of the system so ill link it if you're still interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f648PZbMV4g&t=509s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

VSFighting got a build of season 3 and people showing off the changes.

https://x.com/pokeee627/status/1692464751303852245?s=46&t=DsbASjNidMiUKBQHEVgN7Q

Here’s what I have seen so far. 

Burst gauge regens faster.

Gold burst now gives positive meter.

Positive meter now fills burst gauge.

Burst is full screen.

Gio has a new move that powers up her special moves and can cancel into them.

Nago 6H not cancellable.

I-no has a guard crush move.

Chipp 6k slower startup, combos into 2k.

Potemkin megafist tumbles.

Leo heavy DP no longer invulnerable.

Ky Stun Dipper 7 frames.

Bedman? 2s2h frame traps. Also keeps errors post wall break.