Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

@MattatsuTried joining but it said host wasn't responsive and booted me. Now I can't rejoin. 😭

Sorry that may have been my fault.

 

also, I should’ve set this to Rematch option. I thought Winner Stays On kept rematching until someone else joined the room, but I think I mixed that up with Samsho

Link to post
Just now, Mattatsu said:

Sorry that may have been my fault.

 

also, I should’ve set this to Rematch option. I thought Winner Stays On kept rematching until someone else joined the room, but I think I mixed that up with Samsho

No worries. I'm gonna need a few mins around 3 to feed cats FYI. They get unruly. 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

@MattatsuFeeding time. Be back in 5 or so. If you want to remake the lobby feel free!

May have worked out. Just drop a can of pop and it blew up brb

 

esit: I’m going to have to mop this. Few free to bounce if you want. I’ll tag you when I’m free to see if you still want to play

 

esit2: won’t be that much longer aftually

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

May have worked out. Just drop a can of pop and it blew up brb

 

esit: I’m going to have to mop this. Few free to bounce if you want. I’ll tag you when I’m free to see if you still want to play

 

esit2: won’t be that much longer aftually

Oh no! 🤯

 

No worries my cats are slow. Plus I can do a few quick chores to stall a bit.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Oh no! 🤯

 

No worries my cats are slow. Plus I can do a few quick chores to stall a bit.

K, ready whenever you are

 

edit: I can’t believe how much pop came out of the can, there was just a piddly drop left in it, and it sprayed a radius of like 8 ft

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post
10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

GGs @GetTheTables!

 

your Johnny is hard to get around sometimes lol

GGs man, was a lot of fun.

 

You were really shucking and jiving with Millia. It was all I could sometimes to keep up.

 

EDIT: It still cracks me up that we have generally solid connections in this game (that isn't even regarded as having good netcode for a delay based system) but SFV always turns into a teleport festival after like 2 games. 

Edited by GetTheTables
Link to post
29 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

GGs man, was a lot of fun.

 

You were really shucking and jiving with Millia. It was all I could sometimes to keep up.

Acting like you didn’t win the majority of the time lol.

 

yeah, she’s fun, but I really need to optimize her. Dropped a lot of combos and setups and that’s a bit costly with her. her mobility is amazing though

 

Your Johnny had some dirt though and a lot of times I had no idea how to get in, or get out lol. It was a ton of fun tho

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post
5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Acting like you didn’t win the majority of the time lol.

 

yeah, she’s fun, but I really need to optimize her. Dropped a lot of combos and setups and that’s a bit costly with her. her mobility is amazing though

 

Your Johnny had some dirt though and a lot of times I had no idea how to get in, or get out lol. It was a ton of fun tho

W/L right now isn't super relevant though. What matters is what you're building in the matches. And in your case you have a good grasp on Millia's mobility, a solid start on her mix up game, and you're kind of getting the flow for Rev in general. A lot of our rounds went down to the last little smidge of time with both players having near no life. 😁

 

Johnny is a lot easier as a starter character IMO. Like he has a lot of technical stuff I could be doing but at base he has some really good buttons to work with and Mist Finer is something I can tack onto any string for more damage + whatever benefits I have from coins. So at this level where we're both kind of still flailing around I'm getting a lot more return on individual hits and exchanges than you are. The tradeoff is supposed to be when you can start running Millia's game she can make up the difference, and Johnny just kind of has to sit there and take it outside of prayer mashing, Dead Angle, Burst, or reversal super (none of which are sustainable options). There were definitely some rounds where you had me in the corner and gave me the work, which is how Millia wants that match up to go I think (probably every match up, really). 

 

It may or may not have come across in those games but I had to work a lot to try to keep you where I wanted you. There are so many ways to approach and you can't cover them all at the same time so a lot of it for me was learning what I could do and making educated guesses. I legit got a tension headache from those games. 😆 Had to go walk it off afterwards.

 

I still love Johnny. Actually learning how to play him would take a fair bit of work but it'd be worth it for what he can do, at least in Xrd. We'll see how he is in Strive when he inevitably shows up; my guess will be beastly.

 

Fun times, as always. This will be a fun thing to do while Strive is getting polished up and ready for the summer.

Link to post
1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Fun times, as always. This will be a fun thing to do while Strive is getting polished up and ready for the summer.

Yeah, I’ve been having a lot more fun in Rev2 now than i ever have. I feel like I’m finally starting to grasp the mechanics (at least most of them - I haven’t incorporated things like dead angles or blitzes yet), and actually really like Millia. She was a design I always liked but either didn’t understand how she was supposed to be played, or maybe i was just trying to approach this as if it was a SF type game.

 

and sorry for the tension headache! But i’m no too surprised. I often felt like our matches were the equivalent of you trying to swat a pesky mosquito 🤣

Link to post
10 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I’ve been having a lot more fun in Rev2 now than i ever have. I feel like I’m finally starting to grasp the mechanics (at least most of them - I haven’t incorporated things like dead angles or blitzes yet), and actually really like Millia. She was a design I always liked but either didn’t understand how she was supposed to be played, or maybe i was just trying to approach this as if it was a SF type game.

 

and sorry for the tension headache! But i’m no too surprised. I often felt like our matches were the equivalent of you trying to swat a pesky mosquito 🤣

That is a pretty good description of it yeah. 😁

Though with how it actually works out is I have to swat the mosquito 10ish times a round. 

 

The other thing I realized afterwards is that was the most FGs I've played in quite a long time. Both in terms of length of time and in terms of density of matches. 

 

Given the intensity of Xrd and how little muscle memory I have for the game I think that is the equivalent of deciding you want to start exercising and immediately jumping up and running a 5K. I'm surprised my brain didn't totally melt.

Link to post

It was a little rough for me too, ngl.

 

I needed a breather a few times and danced around at full screen to recollect my thoughts. I believe you usually had the life-lead during these times so you were just waiting for me to rush right back  in... On second thought, I hope this was okay for you and didn’t increase anxiety about how long I was taking and what crazy approach I would try next... I was thinking about my next approach, but I also needed to lower my adrenaline.

Link to post

Nah didn't mind at all. I'm naturally more of a turtle anyways so if I have a life lead and we are full screen I'm inclined to just sit on it. I have tried to get out of the habit of chasing when I don't have to and that was good practice. And having the few seconds to let my brain reset didn't hurt either. 🙂

 

Fired up training mode to try to tackle some of the more complex Johnny stuff. Not there yet but a baby step closer on some of it. Now I need a nap.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

If you're talking about +R, we could give that spin sometime. See if the connection works out.

It was flawless even against Cipher. This Rollback some good shit man. @ me when you're up, we can schedule some matches.

Link to post
9 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

We can try...

Do you have ponies?

spacer.png

This won't work in Strive btw nearly max possible distance!

We could test +R tomorrow. Odds are that the results will be similar.

Link to post
11 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Only up at compatible times during the week-end bih. I suggest ponies!

Gotta work until noon tomorrow, but after that, I should be free. @ me on the Discord when you're up since I'll get a phone notification there.

Link to post

Pretty cool news. As expected its just tweaks to the lobbies but anything would be an improvement over what was there last time. A rematch option alone will be a huge quality of life improvement.

 

Also was interesting to see that they're addressing jump-ins and AAs. Looking forward to seeing what the next version of the game plays like.

 

I managed to fire up +R for a bit recently.  Took me some time to just get it configured but after realizing that some of the buttons didn't map I was in business. Need to find time to get back to it. Though with how much schedule luck I've been having by the time I free up again Strive will be out.

Link to post
9 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Pretty cool news. As expected its just tweaks to the lobbies but anything would be an improvement over what was there last time. A rematch option alone will be a huge quality of life improvement.

 

Also was interesting to see that they're addressing jump-ins and AAs. Looking forward to seeing what the next version of the game plays like.

 

I managed to fire up +R for a bit recently.  Took me some time to just get it configured but after realizing that some of the buttons didn't map I was in business. Need to find time to get back to it. Though with how much schedule luck I've been having by the time I free up again Strive will be out.

You on PC? I should be free in a couple minutes.

Link to post
14 hours ago, Volt said:

You on PC? I should be free in a couple minutes.

Ya PC. Sorry, Tuesday was both busy as fuck and then I met up with a buddy for our usual game night.

 

We can and should set something up one of these weekends.

Link to post
23 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Ya PC. Sorry, Tuesday was both busy as fuck and then I met up with a buddy for our usual game night.

 

We can and should set something up one of these weekends.

Weekends are better for me too.

Link to post
1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

Well that is a good start. What times work best for you? I usually have one open-ish day during the weekends and I can try to line up +R time at an amenable window.

I can try to set a time at any time that isn't Saturday morning.

Link to post
17 hours ago, Volt said:

I can try to set a time at any time that isn't Saturday morning.

That will probably work, Saturday is kinda booked up for me already. We could try to set something up on Sunday. Once I get into the afternoon (EST) I should be free.

Link to post

Sorry @Volt the weekend didn't work out for me after all. I'll try again this weekend. It is more open so hopefully I won't get bamboozled again. I can ping you on discord if that works. 

 

I did manage to find time later to mess around a bit more. I think I've settled on a character (HoS) and I even got a few games in. Mostly to test to make sure I didn't have any connection jank. Everything seems to have run fine which is nifty. 

 

Playing this game against people who at least sort of know what they are doing is wild. It feels like there is so much going on its enough to just keep blocking and moving though I can definitely see how that would get better with time. Or maybe it won't and I'll just be a fumbling mess forever. 😆

Edited by GetTheTables
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some more +R time in this weekend. Goddamn that game is fun even when I'm getting mauled. So much of playing right now is just learning how to move and hit the right buttons. Both are still a work in progress but I'm getting there. +R has a similar feeling to Strive in that when I finish playing I'm mostly just excited to play again. With the obvious upside that +R is actually out. 😃

 

Hardest part is finding someone who is willing to play more than a game or two. Yesterday was good in that I found two people willing to play more extended sets which helps a ton when learning. Not sure if hosting a room is a better way to go, may try that next time.

 

I know Volt is down for +R. If anyone else is interested in playing lemme know and I can ping on here or the discord(s?) next time I get a chance to play.

Link to post

POsted this in the SFV thread but whatever... 

Reading those nerfs to air mobility makes it seem like Millia is going to get fucked.

 

all they needed to do was buff AA buttons and make it so you cant air block AAs.

Link to post

Super devils advocate: if she's gonna get fucked let it be In an open beta/loctest so maybe it'll sort out before launch.

 

I like the universal 6P changes. Not sure about the rest. I feel like air approaching was really strong before so even if they tip the scales back the other way it'll still be "pretty good". 

 

Also yay for open beta 2 dates!

Link to post
16 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

POsted this in the SFV thread but whatever... 

Reading those nerfs to air mobility makes it seem like Millia is going to get fucked.

 

all they needed to do was buff AA buttons and make it so you cant air block AAs.

 

Well, well, turns out this wasn't that new after all.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Volt said:

 

Well, well, turns out this wasn't that new after all.

Yeah, I overreacted lol. I didn’t realize it was for landing after doing whiffed attacks. I think there should be a landing delay in those cases.

 

I still don’t like the nerfing of jumping/air-dash distance, considering I think air dashes are slower than they typically are anyway, but I’ll wait to see the beta before making any more judgement.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I didn’t realize it was for landing after doing whiffed attacks. I think there should be a landing delay in those cases.

Iirc, it's for *any* air action, like double jumping or air-dashing, which is honestly fine, you shouldn't be able to just empty IAD on people for 0 consequence imo.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

The Strive beta has been only thing, which has mildly tempted me to buy a PS4.  In order to get my GG fix, I've playing Plus R recently, (we get are own beta this weekend https://steamcommunity.com/app/348550?snr=1_2108_9__2107 ).  I've been surprised at how many games I'm getting on a night, even though there's only 300-500 people on, according to steam charts.  I'm getting my arse kicked most of the time, but it's still soo much fun.  Putting the controller setting to lenient, does help with execution on a stick.   While Dizzy is pretty much my perfect FG character, I thought I would learn someone who's going to be in Strive.  So I've been playing I-No and will probably try and learn Millia.

 

Edited by Laughingman
Link to post

Yeah I've been very pleasantly surprised at how often people are around in +R. There hasn't been a time yet where I haven't been able to find people to play. Though yeah you definitely run into some killers out there. At least when I see someone who has played 5000 matches I don't have an illusions about how the match is going to go. 😆

 

I went the opposite route: although broadly Strive is similar +R is enough of its own beast that I wanted to pick a character that I was interested in specifically for that game. Went with HoS since he hasn't (and won't) be in another game and it's a good way to get me to engage in the aggressive side of the game. 

Link to post

Also, just how good the netcode is.  I often see about 200+ ping and I've yet to have an unplayable match.  If for some reason Strive doesn't float my boat or the numbers dive heavily, then at least I'll have +R to go back to. 

 

Yeah, pretty much every GG character has some element of rushdown to them.  Coming from DBFZ, seeing HoS key charging feels really disrespectful, but I know it's part of his game plan.  I might go back to Dizzy, but I'm really enjoying I-No.  I hope she keeps the charge and tiger knee elements to her dive kick in Strive.

Link to post

Yeah one of the nicest things about +R being the way it is (and them continuing to work on it) is that it's just...there. If Strive doesn't jive, the servers are down, or you just miss the feel of that game you can really easily go back to it and it's very playable in the current environment (i.e. functional rollback). Not a lot of series have that luxury with subsequent retail releases (not immediately subsequent since Xrd is still sorta left hanging).

 

I'm very interested in seeing how I-No turns out in Strive. I'm kinda side eyeing her as a choice due to her lore of all things (also dig her redesign and hey tiddies).

 

Speaking of lore vol 4 is up:

 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select