Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

Watching Johnny video I can see I will need to remap some buttons. I can't have boost on a trigger. I need that for drifting assuming its in the game. I'm not thrilled about the homing attack being mapped to X/square but at least I can understand the reason for it.

It's great to see there a comprehensive list of speed sensitivity options in the menu.

Edited by Hawkingbird

Johnny wasn't the only one who got to preview the game at the event, as mentioned in his video looks like last weekend was the final preview event for everyone and there's vid footage up from various outlets

That track in the cyberspace stage sounds like it's straight out of Tekken.

Edit:  Parry animation looks way more clean and readable now.  I thought he was just his hands up like Base Goku DBFZ's 3rd animation of his auto attack but that's not what's happening, he's actually swatting the attack with his hand like a boss.  I like that.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I mean its their fault, they hadn't been so serious with that "Sonic was never good" shit take.

Was talking to Po about this for like half an hour today on Discord and it's honestly Segas fault over all. They treat Sonic fans like shit and it creates a hostile soup where dudes clap back because 1 guys said Sonic was never good (an absolute shit take to be sure) and then base kinda loses their mind. 

With that said IGN isn't really in a position to shit on people for getting on their case for their reviews since they have a well documented history of baaaaad reviews. Like not bad opiniosn like actual bad information about the games in them. 

All 3 groups suck lmao. 

Edited by RSG3
17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

With that said IGN isn't really in a position to shit on people for getting on their case for their reviews since they have a well documented history of baaaaad reviews. Like not bad opiniosn like actual bad information about the games in them.

One that comes to mind from recent years was the review of Crash Team Racing, it was full of some really dumb takes and misinformation.

It was clear that the chick who reviewed played it in passing and was mostly describing/playing the game as it was mario kart, without understanding the mechanics of the game and complaining of stuff like the ai rubber banding in an egregious way when the ai doesn't have any kind of rubber banding and just use the mechanics present in the game more as you progress on the single player mode., the ai can't keep up with players once you learn how to play the game, not even on the hardest difficulties 🤣

Full version of "I'm Here"

I can't tell if there are copies out in the wild in the wild other than review copies but Ian seems to be implying that there might be and also seeing people saying the game is good on my Twitter feed.

Edit:

yeah...leaks are out

Edited by Sonichuman

Yeah reviews are out and I've just finished listening to Gamexplain's review and I listened to Easy Allies review prior.

From what I've heard so far, it sounds like the game stops short of being consistently good in some areas but the foundation for something to be even better in the future is here.  Also sounds like they have something with the open zone gameplay and actually going back to having the boost gameplay in the cyberspace levels might have been an overstep.    Shame I don't have a PS5 but I'll try it on PS4 when I get a chance.  Gonna go listen to some other reviews including what you put @Hawkingbird

watching IGN's review now...so far it seems to echo a lot of the same things starting out.

There is one section of this that made me facepalm...There's section in this video in the beginning where the player is constantly trying to homing attack 4 of the same enemies and they keep blocking him/her in the process.  The obvious answer is to cyloop them...which has been shown repeatedly  in previews and in the trailers but no...this person kept trying to homing attack them.

I think this video further highlights the potential this starting point has

Edit:  One thing Sonic Team clearly needs to do is if this is what they want to do they're going to need to upgrade the engine to stream the environment faster period.  I know its a tall order considering the nature of the character itself and also potential constraints on each platform especially if its underpowered but they're gonna have to find some way to lock that optimization down cause the next game can truly be something and it shouldn't be marred by pop in when someone is not trying to break the game open.  Doing pop in like this on the Switch is understandable, On PS5 and PC?  Having a hard time excusing that.

Edited by Sonichuman

Also throwing this out there,  if you are planning on playing Frontiers please note that there are multiple endings (how many?  Don't know...might be just 2).  I thought I heard something about this earlier and listening both Gamexplains review discussion and taking a quick look on Google ( didn't manage to spoil anything for myself surprisingly)  this appears to be the case.

Joey played the game and was disappointed in the ending he got which appears to be just a normal ending.  Looks like you may have to fight the real boss and get the true ending through a harder difficulty so...may just want to start the game out on hard.