Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Is that fucking Pete?

Yes....and it's explained in the video why Pete is there which is actually kind of interesting since apparently the game was redone 3 times and at one point it was a weird game that had disney involved?    It's weird.

With the largest threat Sonic has ever been pitted against, the odds are not in his favor as he approaches the big fight. It's going to take the seven Chaos Emeralds and a bit of luck to take down the Titans of Starfall Island. Is he truly Undefeatable?

Buy Sonic Frontiers now: https://frontiers.sonicthehedgehog.com

"Undefeatable" Vocals by Kellin Quinn (Sleeping With Sirens)

Lyrics & Co-Vocal Writing by Tyler Smyth (Dangerkids), Julian Comeau, Kellin Quinn

Composed & Arranged by Tomoya Ohtani

Co-Arranged & Mixed by MEG

Guitars & Programming: MEG

Vocals Produced by Tyler Smyth

Vocals Edited by Julian Comeau

Vocal Session coordinated by Jun Senoue & Tyler Smyth

Artist Management: 5B Management

Producer Management: John Youngman (Fly South Music Group)

Soooo...I kind of purposefully spoiled myself on something because I was wondering why an IDW twitter was posting a clip from Frontiers...

It's not HUGE.....but remember that conversation we had earlier about some of the characters from the comic becoming canon?

Also posted this in VGG

Edited by Sonichuman
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Soooo...I kind of purposefully spoiled myself on something because I was wondering why an IDW twitter was posting a clip from Frontiers...

It's not HUGE.....but remember that conversation we had earlier about some of the characters from the comic becoming canon?

Also posted this in VGG

i dont throw controllers..but in this case id make an exception

Sonic Twitter going crazy over Unbeatable lol

Whole thread singing a verse and being hype lol.  This track really is some edgy Anime OP shit and I'm here for it.  Someone put up a nice lyric music video in the thread following the OP if you want to hear the full song.  It does give spoilers to what happens at the end of the Titan fight which is pretty awesome. 

If you want to go into the fight fresh don't watch it.  Full version without footage from the game.

I'm fully expecting the VGM community is going to go in on making covers of this track in the next couple of months.

Edited by Sonichuman

This releases on the 16th.  Like the style they went for in this as it reminds me of the Sonic OVA/CD intro style which was also the style Tyson Hesse went for in the Mega Drive Specials under Archie *pours one out for the 3rd Mega Drive Special we never got*.   I really wish Hesse could just...redo or start that series over again for IDW or something because they were great.

Me in Sonic Frontiers: Man, the scenery in this first zone looks dope.

Tire: 

surprise threaten GIF

You know, I didn't think any enemy in a Sonic game would exceed or even come close to irking me like the unholy trinity of Badniks in Motropolis Zone, but Sonic Frontiers has done it with that MF tire. Those things got me using up just about all my boost meter to get away from them.

37 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

New Sonic takeover this monday

You know I'm actually starting to look forward to these more and more because of the content they provide with the interactions between the characters that we don't often get in the games lol.

Sonic Frontiers mini ost got put up on sittingonclouds for those that might be interested.  Tracks on it include "I'm Here" , Cyber Space tracks including "Flowing" and "Undefeatable".  Might be nice to have as a hold over until the official ost release in Dec.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:54 AM, RegH81 said:

So I got dat rematch with the first Titan in Frontiers. I was not ready for that FIRE boss track. So glad I wasn't spoiled. And the fight itself! Like, BRUH. Sonic Team. It was just the first boss. You didn't have to go THAT HARD. But I ain't complainin'.

shocked holy shit GIF

There's another boss track that's apparently making the rounds that people are posting about saying that it's pretty hype and I believe it's "Find Your Flame".  I've held back on listening to any more of the tracks aside from what was on the mini OST.   Also Ohtani made way more Cyber tracks than I thought he did.  I thought they just made a few of them and then then repeat them but no...that's not quite what's going on because I came across a track on youtube that had the numbers 4-8 in front of it.    Add to that and each area has at 7 music movement pieces and no wonder the ost is 150+ tracks.  Ohtani over here doing the most lol.

Also Ohtani trying to make hanging out with Big as chill as he can

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Are there any spoilers in that Dunkey Sonic Frontiers review? I just started the second island and haven't see anything beyond that.

@Sonichumanlet us know when you pick up your copy.

I'm fairly certain I know what Dunkey says in his review based on a couple of the tweets he put out.  If he isn't relatively down on the game I'd be surprised.

Edit:

Planning to pick up my copy friday

Edited by Sonichuman

Throwing this out there as a heads up, Ian does have a podcast that he regularly puts up on youtube under Bunbleking Videos where he does a ton of Q+A.  Some of the Q+A is interesting and a majority of it is uuhhhhh....hmmm....filler garbage.  That's what I'm gonna call it (People asking like versus questions or what a character may do in other situations, etc) .  It's not all Sonic all the time but he often times will talk about stuff regarding the comic and other Sonic stuff he's involved in so it may not be too bad to just have it on in the background for those interested.

He's been avoiding Frontiers spoilers, I'd imagine he'd say something before getting into that.

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well u fortunately for us views (and probably him to some extent) the truth is most people ask stupid question. 

Sometimes someone does put up an interesting question that he'll try to answer as best he can.  Its how people found out that its been mostly Sega mandates that have been kind of screwing with Shadow's portrayal in the comics during the Metal Virus. 

Saw my twitter feed had dunkey trending and I already knew that it was because of his video stirring the pot lol.  And apparently there are people review bombing the game after the video came out and Dunkey is saying that the Sonic community is doing it....which...I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility but considering this game is kind of teetering on the side of "good" I'd like to think that the community wouldn't want to risk ruining sales of the game.

Some S ranks aren't hard to get but you can still get an  even better time when you know the best route to take and when to air boost and such. Durring my many attempts to S rank one of the Chemical Plant Cyber Space levels, it dawned on me how enjoyable it was to find alternate routes.  

I'm 25 hours in on the second island and I can't find Big. I NEED MY FISHING DANG IT!!