Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

The new Sonic Encyclopedia coming out confirms that Infinite just died at the end of forces.

Lol...I wouldn't of minded Infinite showing up again but I think the only reason I semi cared was because of his theme.  I thought the fact that this dude thought he was the edgiest lord in town and then got his shit pushed in by Shadow is pretty funny.  If they really want to bring him back they'll find a way but if they don't then oh well.

The encyclopedia is supposed to be coming this month.   Had it on order for some time now.

Edited by Sonichuman
15 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I saw a few clips on Twitter earlier and I am just confused.

How did we get this in the same year as the Sonic Symphony?

I have no idea man.  "The Sonic Symphony concert was a rousing success!  We should so something as a followup! Hmmmm...Ok how about a concert with Steve Aoki?"  "That doesn't sound b-" "But with barely any Sonic music and it's celebrating Steve Aoki's birthday"  ".....I'm sorry why is this a Sonic Concert again?"

6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Did they actually fix that shit tho? 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, Sonichuman said:

Sonic Colors Ultimate got patched  again

Game still looks like it has some ways to go though especially in the graphical glitches.

I went ahead and bought it since it was on sale.  1 for my Switch and 1 for my PS4.  I'm hoping they keep patching it.

Johnny Gioli says at this time they aren't in the Sonic 2 movie, He didn't say boycott the movie but it seems some Sonic fans started to take the post he put on facebook to mean to do that and had to clarify lol.  I like Crush 40 as much as the next fan but that's pretty crazy that people were legit about to try to boycott this movie over not having their inclusion after seeing that poster.  Didn't even get to the first trailer.

Tyson Hesse is back as one of the people in the driver's seat for the movie

There's way too much stuff falling into place its too good to be true.  I still refuse to get myself hype to get let down but it's fucking hard!

Edit: the movie is actually called Sonic vs Knuckles in Japan apparently.

Also Gif of Knux giving Sonic a reality check

Edited by Sonichuman

I'm only just recognizing this on my 2nd watch but they had Sonic snow boarding a la Ice Cap from S3/SA.  And I'm looking at the place where Eggman has the what I'm sure is the Master Emerald and it looks like it's kinda based off of Hidden Palace (the cut stage that got put in the mobil port)  from Sonic 2 in a way.  I'd have to see more but I'm getting a vibe.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm only just recognizing this on my 2nd watch but they had Sonic snow boarding a la Ice Cap from S3/SA.  And I'm looking at the place where Eggman has the what I'm sure is the Master Emerald and it looks like it's kinda based off of Hidden Palace (the cut stage that got put in the mobil port)  from Sonic 2 in a way.  I'd have to see more but I'm getting a vibe.

The exterior of hidden palace looks like Lost World from Adventure. 

Interview with Idris Elba on his role with Knux

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/22828388/sonic-2-trailer-interview-knuckles-idris-elba

Yeah...I know it's Polygon.  I haven't fully watched it so I can't just give excerpts

Edit:

Heavy. But Fowler, who came up in the industry working in animation and visual effects at Blur Studios, says Knuckles also provides him with plenty of opportunities to just go hog wild with spectacle. As Sonic franchise stalwart (and Sonic movie storyboarder) Tyson Hesse put on Twitter when the trailer went live, Sonic 2 is even more Sonic-y than the first movie, which the director says comes out in recreating familiar moments of action.

“The tornado with Tails and Sonic, Tails delivering Sonic into battle, that’s just as iconic as it gets in my book,” Fowler says. “So to incorporate those kinds of visuals, and then characters, bringing in Knuckles as a heavy, and really just making him the badass that he is in the earliest versions of him, going all the way back to the ’90s, that’s what I would attribute to the Sonic-ness of it all.”

Didn't know Fowler was from Blur.

Edited by Sonichuman
6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

If Ugandan Knuckles isn't somehow referenced in this movie, I'm going to be very disappointed 

I'm not sure they will because supposedly Ugandans were offended by the meme which kind of makes since.  If they are gonna make a reference to it I suspect they'll use crazy carl to draw the picture again and that will be as far as it goes.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's honestly one of the strangest narrative moments in the series and thats saying something. 

It's strange but only answer that makes sense retroactively as to why is cause of knux himself since out of all the characters he has the most knowledge in how the emeralds work.  Sonic being a novice fresh off of Sonic 2 and getting surprise chin lifted as he comes onto the island by someone more experienced doesn't seem that far fetched when I think of it in that manner.  I have nothing truly official go off as to make that the reason but that the way it makes sense in my head.

Edited by Sonichuman
28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It's strange but only answer that makes sense retroactively as to why is cause of knux himself since out of all the characters he has the most knowledge in how the emeralds work.  Sonic being a novice fresh off of Sonic 2 and getting surprise chin lifted as he comes onto the island by someone more experienced doesn't seem that far fetched when I think of it in that manner.  I have nothing truly official go off as to make that the reason but that the way it makes sense in my head.

And as head canon that works perfectly for me, I've always kind of thought Knux is just a bit stronger on Angel Island myself. 

• Sonichuman changed the title to The Sonic Thread: Forcast calls for 100% chance of Knuckles not needing your power. Sonic Movie 2 coming 4/8/2022