Stage Select

The Megashock (Gaming) Resolutions Thread - 2022 Edition

The basis for the thread is simply straight-forward, consisting of New Year's Resolutions (or shit you wanna get done) in 2022.

The emphasis for resolutions is mostly on gaming, but personal resolutions are definitely allowed. I'll start us off. 

Resolutions for 2022:

• Beat 75% - 80% of my NSW backlog before Triangle Strategy comes out
  • Spot a XBox Series X in the wild (and subsequently purchase it)
  • Have everything lined up to go to Japan (planning on going in mid-January 2023)
  • Grow my business to 10+ employees (I have two currently, three if I count myself).
Edited by YourFavGrandpa
Who are you, my mother?
9 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I already broke my 2021 resolution of finishing Dark Souls

Do you mean you finished it or naw? I keep meaning to go back to it myself, but I didn't make a resolution about it. I did beat the Demon's Souls Remake. Maybe I should resolve to beat DS1. I definitely like the game, but I just moved on to other things unfortunately. I plan on picking up Elden Ring.

6 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Do you mean you finished it or naw? I keep meaning to go back to it myself, but I didn't make a resolution about it. I did beat the Demon's Souls Remake. Maybe I should resolve to beat DS1. I definitely like the game, but I just moved on to other things unfortunately. I plan on picking up Elden Ring.

I've just decided that I'm past the point in my life where souls games are for me, at least that one. I've started it a few times over the past several years and always out it down for whatever reason. It's a bit of a slog and I don't have enough gaming time these days to make that worth it. 

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

-My resolution (which I will probably fail miserably) is to actually play my games more

Yeah I gave up on that one, when I still did resolutions. I honestly could buy no games next year and still have a backlog. The other one was to buy less games. Which seems work out fine and then Gabe Newell sees my spending drop and hits me with a Steam sale 😔

It's like, I have to REALLY REALLY been anticipating a game to buy it and beat it in a reasonable amount of time, like Dread for instance. But if it ain't something like that, it'll take me forever to never to beat.

Sad part is, I actually have more time to play than I think, I'm just easily distracted by other dumb shit and don't manage my time to game properly