Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

30 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

WOMEN WEDNESDAY!

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/09/14/disneyland-makes-toontown-ride-more-relevant-with-jessica-rabbit-as-central-character/

The short of it is, Jessica Rabbit will get a modern update in the ride...

Oh boy...not liking where this is going.  I'm hoping that remember Jessica's personality when they do this...but I highly doubt they will.

let me guess... new-era Jessica Rabbit will look a bit more like Ellen Page before she became Elliot? Or... maybe they do the usual thing with redheads and make her a black woman....who will be fat and pansexual, of course.  You can bet money those giant melons are going away though....that much is guaranteed at least.  Female characters aren't supposed to be sexy anymore.  It's the rules.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

If they still make her attractive they will likely go with a homely look instead of sexy bombshell. It's like going from Christina Hendricks to Kirsten Dunst 

She's probably going to have to be frumpy and covered up because of the Woke Puritans.  I'm thinking she's going to be transformed into a redheaded Karen.

13 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

WOMEN WEDNESDAY!

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/09/14/disneyland-makes-toontown-ride-more-relevant-with-jessica-rabbit-as-central-character/

The short of it is, Jessica Rabbit will get a modern update in the ride...

In other words, she is problematic and needs to change for "modern" standards.

She will be using a hijab and a burka 🤣

unknown.png

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

i dont have the exact link but just saw that owl house got cancelled because an exec basically thought it didnt fit the brand of what they wanted on disney. the creator posted basically debunking all the conspiracy theories and said its most likely due to one specific higher up.

Damn, was wondering how the second season landed on TV and weeks later got put on Disney +. That sucks, it was a quality show and had room to grow into something special. I haven't had the chance to watch all the episodes of the second season yet but the first few episodes I saw seemed to be building up for some big things. Just when you think Disney animation has it's shit together...

• 2 weeks later...

sheeeitttt, here we go, folks... and just like that I'm a bit optimistic again...whatever happens, at least it looks great and it shows that HE is back!

haha, it is a bit amusing to me that in today's climate of certain agendas... they allowed him to say there was 1 safe spot behind him.  I thought that might be "problematic" and "outdated" for the people in charge of entertainment these days...? (basically the types that seemingly don't believe in male characters being a true hero anymore)

Edited by MillionX
23 minutes ago, MillionX said:

sheeeitttt, here we go, folks... and just like that I'm a bit optimistic again...whatever happens, at least it looks great and it shows that HE is back!

haha, it is a bit amusing to me that in today's climate of certain agendas... they allowed him to say there was 1 safe spot behind him.  I though that might be "problematic" and "outdated" for the people in charge of entertainment these days...? (basically the types that seemingly don't believe in male characters being a true hero anymore)

You see material through whatever lens fits your worldview. Nowadays, it just seems like people are just looking looking for something to complain about. Thumb thugging seems to bring out the worst in people. 

Like I was telling ppl earlier this year, Masters of the Universe is actually a good show if you can get past Kevin Smith's directly misleading antics (and ppl definitely have a right to be pissed at him for that) . Ging by that trailer, the show is addressing everyone's main complaint about the show, more He-Man.

Hey, im hyped for it tbh. This coming from a guy who didn't care for the OG He-Man as a child 🤷🏾‍♂️

I hope the lesson Kevin learned is to just not say anything at all. Let the show speak for itself no amount of damage control is worth the effort. 

I think one of the smartest things I've done in the last few years is just watch a trailer or 2 and go media black out. Dodge the drama, just get the show on its merits alone. I started doing this after I ended up loving the DreamWorks She-Ra after all the crying everyone did about her design an shit. Shoe was fantastic and I realized one of the best thing I could do to preserve my ability to enjoy shit is to start ignoring the build up to the productions because they tend to be drought with whiners. It's just not that much fun to get excited about stuff with very many other people anymore imo. Negativity is the word of the day recently. 

Edited by RSG3

It's fear of being replaced that these dudes get so riles up. They fear minorities and lgbtq people will replace them when all they've asked for is more representation. The fact these shows can have a new fanbase who support them shows the shows have a voice for them when in the past they haven't. 

The fear mongering of being replaced has always been unfounded from the idea Mexicans were gonna replace the whit epopulation to illegal immigration taking over(my fave is when they blamed them for corona outbreaks) to all black people rob and steal its all aspects of unfounded fear of being replaced. 

When in reality the only thing any minority has ever asked for is to be represented and allowed a seat at the table. 

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

haha, it is a bit amusing to me that in today's climate of certain agendas... they allowed him to say there was 1 safe spot behind him.  I thought that might be "problematic" and "outdated" for the people in charge of entertainment these days...? (basically the types that seemingly don't believe in male characters being a true hero anymore)

As I said before, I didn't like the show. Kevin Smith antics aside. I thought Teela was a terrible character. It's hard for me to enjoy a show when I can't stand the lead. The supporting cast has to be exceptional to make up for it. Korra season 2 pulled it off. Revelation did not. It's cool that you all like it, but it can go in the trash bin with The New Adventures of He-Man as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I thought Teela was a terrible character. It's hard for me to enjoy a show when I can't stand the lead. The supporting cast has to be exceptional to make up for it. Korra season 2 pulled it off. Revelation did not. It's cool that you all like it, but it can go in the trash bin with The New Adventures of He-Man as far as I'm concerned.

Not liking a show due to your personal taste is different than I don't like it because of the WOKEPOCALYPSE.

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's fear of being replaced that these dudes get so riles up. They fear minorities and lgbtq people will replace them when all they've asked for is more representation. The fact these shows can have a new fanbase who support them shows the shows have a voice for them when in the past they haven't. 

The fear mongering of being replaced has always been unfounded from the idea Mexicans were gonna replace the whit epopulation to illegal immigration taking over(my fave is when they blamed them for corona outbreaks) to all black people rob and steal its all aspects of unfounded fear of being replaced. 

When in reality the only thing any minority has ever asked for is to be represented and allowed a seat at the table. 

But what about the black people on this site who feel this way?

19 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

They fear being replaced as well. It's just a bit different, but it's the same veign of feeling like straight strong males are being replaces by lgbtq. And the insane notion they are trying to turn black men gay conspiracy theory. It's all replacement fear. 

Edited by Maxx

fortunately this looks like He-man actually gets to come back and do something, so that's giving me back a little hope.  I still haven't finished watching the other show where He-man is actually the star.  It's quite a different thing though, in terms of visual design... like an "extreme makeover" going on there, and it's aimed at a much younger audience than the other show.

44 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Basically me. Frankly, I think we deserve better than plantation scraps. I'm not 12 anymore. Race swapping existing white characters isn't good enough for me. I view it as a cop out at this point. When I think of the multitude of great black characters that get no shine, it annoys me to no end. Also give red heads break, don't instantly make them black to fill whatever quota you receive from your virtue signaling parent company.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Basically me. Frankly, I think we deserve better than plantation scraps. I'm not 12 anymore. Race swapping existing white characters isn't good enough for me. I view it as a cop out at this point. When I think of the multitude of great black characters that get no shine, it annoys me to no end. Also give red heads break, don't instantly make them black to fill whatever quota you receive from your virtue signaling parent company.

Then more people need to support new created black characters. I've watched so many original black characters get created and not supported. For fucks sake people cry about storm not getting a solo series.. When she's had a few and never does well. She only does well when she's leading a team. 

A big reason they do race swapping is because it'll have a have a built in fanbase so it's easier to build upon. It may feel like a cop out but if people keep complaining and don't actually support new properties what do you want a company to do? I've seen new ips from marvel and DC not get supported and then the internet cries about race swapping. 

Edited by Maxx
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Basically me. Frankly, I think we deserve better than plantation scraps. I'm not 12 anymore. Race swapping exiting white characters isn't good enough for me. I view it as a cop out at this point. When I think of the multitude of great black characters that get no shine, it annoys me to no end. Also give red heads break, don't instantly make them black to fill whatever quota you receive from you virtue signaling parent company.

hahaha, ohhh you know it's coming whenever Disney-era X-men (probably renamed to X-Force I guess since "men" as a term is "problematic" now).... Jean Grey will be a Black woman.  Just watch 🤣  It's amusingly predictable at this point....either her or Gambit get the race-swap treatment, I bet....this is in addition to either Xavier or Magneto as well...they're dying to make at least 1 of those dudes into a Black person.

Redheaded white people can still get roles in tv commercials at least... that's where I tend to see them these days.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, MillionX said:

hahaha, ohhh you know it's coming whenever Disney-era X-men (probably renamed to X-Force I guess since "men" as a term is "problematic" now).... Jean Grey will be a Black woman.  Just watch 🤣  It's amusingly predictable at this point....either her or Gambit get the race-swap treatment, I bet....this is in addition to either Xavier or Magneto as well...they're dying to make at least 1 of those dudes into a Black person.

You realize Disney didn't start this idea right? Like this was happening long before Disney bought marvel