Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I hope this show is weird as fuck. Because it looks like up my alley.. Never played the game but from videos ive watched it looks like an amazing game 

The game is really good you should give it a shot.  It was one of the few games in the last few years that lived up to the hype surrounding it.  It's hard but fair, there are a few bosses that act as skill checks to keep you progressing through the game.  IMO the Genie and the Mermaid were the hardest bosses, it took me a long time to S rank both of those fights.

Edited by J-ride
10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Co-sign that the game is amazing. Have high hopes for the cartoon and DLC. People are upset that the cartoon doesn’t look exactly like the game or 1930s cartoons but they don’t animation.

Lmfao i saw those comments too and rolled my eyes. nigga its 2022, ain't no animation studio got 2d hand drawn disney slave budget like that. 

I was waiting for Encanto to become available on disney plus and found out that it was last night.  Just finished watching that this morning along with the short Far From the Tree that released with it. 

Far From the Tree is a nice little story with really great 3D animation looking to mimic disney's 2D style more closely.  When you first start watching it you'll think it's fully 2D but there will be moments in the animation that will fully give it away that it isn't.  Truly impressive.  Believe this is something that Disney has been messing around with since Paperman and it's crazy to see how far they've come with it.  Whether they'll actually do a full length feature movie using this style though....I da know.  I'd love it if they did but I feel normal people nowadays are going to see the style, think it's completely 2D, and then just write it off cause normal movie goers can't seem to appreciate 2D films anymore.  If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend checking it out...especially if you're a parent cause it'll hit a bit differently.

Encanto is great!  I can't think of any standout negatives for this movie after my first watch.  Music is great, animation is great, movie has an amazing use of color and I dig when they do non traditional antagonists where its not really a person and more so an overarching problem or idea that needs to be challenged.  The film has a ton of charm to it and had me laughing and fully invested within the first 10 minutes and its actually one of the first disney films that my son actually started semi paying attention to.  I don't quite know where it sits on a tier list of disney movies for me but I can say I almost liked this movie as much as Moana and found it more enjoyable that Raya so do with that what you will.  If you haven't watched it yet then give it a shot.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 2 weeks later...

I didnt know the best place to put this..

https://deadline.com/2022/02/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-villain-movies-transformers-series-paramount-plus-nickelodeon-1234933546/

Nickelodeon Animation is following the release of the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CG-animated theatrical film with a series of exclusive movies for Paramount+ beginning in 2023. Each will center on one of the property’s storied villains in never-before-told tales, according to the streaming service.

Mildly interested in villain movies

Fairly Odd Parents once had SpongeBob level popularity before so when that happens, Nickelodeon tries to do everything to get some money from it. A modern example of this is what they did The Loud House. Got a an animated movie, a live action movie, and a spin-off that was recently canceled.

Problem is that it seems that everyone agrees that the show fell off. When it did is not agreed on since there were so many shark jumping moments. 

Also found this on my timeline.

cuphead dropped on netflix. i kinda wanna watch the whole season before i give an opinion. but i enjoy the animation...also theirs some weird article floating around talking about how it uses minstrel show mannerisms in the game and show. its a big ass reach but figured id mention it since it popped up

I assume you mean this? 

It came out a while after the game’s release. Talking about how if you used this style of animation that was used for racism decades ago, you are perpetuating that racism. Which is kind of similar to saying that all painters are nazis because Hitler was a painter. While I can’t speak for the show since I haven’t watched it yet, the game doesn’t have anything that’s referencing minstrel shows. King Dice having references to Cab Calloway is the only thing that’s based on race.