Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I guess the issue is the movie doesn't really show Triton being reasonable. He spends the beginning of the movie disrespecting her on basically every level. 

I get that she is playing outside the rules but that's literally your job as a teenager. To push up against your boundaries and see where you stand. To start growing into your own person who makes their own decisions. 

Triton acting like every dick headed dad who answers the door with a gun to show the new boyfriend what's up when you're only demonstrating you're a judgmental asshoke who resorts to violence to solve your problems, which Triton did. Blew all her shit to smithereens. 

Perhaps it's a hot take but violent outbursts like those (and if she's hiding her stuff from him then it's probably a trend) don't deserve respect from their children. He clearly created an environment in which his daughter didn't trust him, and even feared him. Like why does she have an entire secret Grotto filled with stuff she likes that she hides from everyone else? She doesn't trust them. 

I dunno Little Mermaid criticism frustrates me because people always come for Ariel while ignoring what an absolute shit head Triton is for the first half of that movie. Literally has his orchestra conductor stalking his 16 year old daughter around the Kingdom. Triton a shitty father. 

Ya'll are gonna make me rewatch the little mermaid to refresh myself on that movie cause as a kid I did thing that Triton was a dick but as a grew older and as a parent I start understanding why parents do some things even if they go overboard like Triton did.  I used to side with Max completely in A Goofy Movie when I was younger but now that movie hits me differently now.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Lord...the moment I read "keep their children close to Jesus" I knew I was in for a ride

Is it possible to have a movie I’ve never seen before be one of my favorite movies of all time just because it’s pissing off super conservative and insecure white people? 

cause this is all 👩‍🍳💋 to me. 

im reading all these comments and “reviews”going 

Mike Tyson Lol GIF by DAZN North America

Edited by iStu X

I'm one of the few who, while I don't hate it, think Spiderverse animation is choppy and not the nicest to look at. Like it looks fine but I don't find the lower FPS to be stylish or anything of the sort. It would look better, to me, with more frames. Smooth should be the goal. Making it shoppy like this, for me, is the equivalent of shaky cam during an action scene when all you need to do is use a wide lense and hold the fucker still. I'm not saying they are cutting corners because that's clearly not the case and was a stylistic decision, but I personally hate it. Spiderveres is an awesome movie but I'm one of the few not down with the chopper look. 

17 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm one of the few who, while I don't hate it, think Spiderverse animation is choppy and not the nicest to look at. Like it looks fine but I don't find the lower FPS to be stylish or anything of the sort. It would look better, to me, with more frames. Smooth should be the goal. Making it shoppy like this, for me, is the equivalent of shaky cam during an action scene when all you need to do is use a wide lense and hold the fucker still. I'm not saying they are cutting corners because that's clearly not the case and was a stylistic decision, but I personally hate it. Spiderveres is an awesome movie but I'm one of the few not down with the chopper look. 

It ends up with more frames and smoother once miles becomes fully realized spiderman. Pretty mucb after a certain point you can pause the movie at any point and see every frame clearly(sumtin a youtube review i watched on the tech explained) 

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It ends up with more frames and smoother once miles becomes fully realized spiderman. Pretty mucb after a certain point you can pause the movie at any point and see every frame clearly(sumtin a youtube review i watched on the tech explained) 

Yea I know but the other style is the majority of the movie so.....the majority of it is ugly in motion for me. 

40 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Who asked for this? I legit dont know anyone who was into the sequal 

I liked em. As Sonic said didn't really reach the hights of the original bit I didn't really expect it to either. Just wanted it to be good and entertaining with a nice little story about growing up, haruko and Pillows Music. I got what I wanted so I'm happy to get more. 

So you know at least 1 person who is happy to get more of this. 

Edited by RSG3

I discovered Chip 'n Dale: Park Life on Disney+. These shorts have gotten so many chuckles out of me from the duo being literally stitched together from Dale mistaking Chip for being a murdering psycho. Chip definitely seems like he got some personality traits from Dale in this series, but I don't mind.  

Was the OVA good? The only animated adaptation of Darkstalkers I remember seeing was the kids cartoon. 

And I only remember it had a kid protagonist and I may have mixed in my mind the voice of Morrigan with the girlfriend from the Burn Notice tv show because of the accents are similar, but when I think back I keep hearing Gabrielle Anwar's voice and lines.

2 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Was the OVA good? The only animated adaptation of Darkstalkers I remember seeing was the kids cartoon. 

And I only remember it had a kid protagonist and I may have mixed in my mind the voice of Morrigan with the girlfriend from the Burn Notice tv show because of the accents are similar, but when I think back I keep hearing Gabrielle Anwar's voice and lines.

Decent for the time. Nothing to write home about. Good animation for a ova series

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

The ruby spears Darkstalkers was fucking god awful despite it being funny for several running gags. 

* every episode Dimitri would come up with a super good plan to win against the heroes and then Pyron would be like “that’s fucking dumb. We’re doing my plan instead” which winds up being a shit show

* Lord Raptor only spoke in music puns or rock n roll lyrics 

* Whenever a character is first introduced to Alubath/Rikou they’d comment on how “strangely attractive” he was for a fish man. Which he’d promptly and frustratingly reply with “I know” 

Overall the dialogue in general was just over all very fucking dumb. Especially Anakaris. 😂

Edited by iStu X
  • 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

More and more bad news for Netflix. Constantly increasing prices, trying to kill password sharing and whatnot. They lost hella subscribers this month, and expect many more l. Can't say I feel sorry, although I did enjoy their constant.