Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Ok so...this is...kind of...you know what I saw this post on my facebook and I had to fact check it and it's a real thing

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/winnie-the-pooh-horror-movie-blood-honey.html

I'm feeling a lot of emotions about this lol.

@RSG3, @Hawkingbirdand myself had a discussion about this on Discord just yesterday. It spiraled out of control and ended up being about how I should write a Winnie the Pooh Action Revenge thriller where Pooh got kicked off the Hundred Acre Police Force by Owl and Kanga for his constant honey addiction relapses. 

Eeyore is an informant.

Tigger is most recent but former partner and Chris Tucker type comedic relief.

I didn’t talk about him cause I couldn’t think of a good role for him but I feel Rabbit should be Pooh’s original but dead partner that caused him to get addicted to Honey in the first place 

(The way I’m thinking how rabbit dies is that Rabbit could have covered for Pooh regarding a case he fucked up on earlier in his career Which caused Rabbit to get discharged from the force without pension. The depression and poverty that insures causes Rabbit to commit suicide. Pooh feeling guilty about all of this when he founds about Rabbits suicide is what causes Pooh to get addicted to honey) 

the main villain ends up kidnapping Pooh’s lover Piglet which is what sets Pooh on his revenge journey only to find out its Christopher Robin. My reason it being Christopher is so when Pooh asks Christopher why he’s done everything he’s done (including being involved with the case that led to Rabbit being fired and later his suicide) Christopher can reply with the classic line “Silly old bear…” before his villainous monologue. 

Pay Me 50 Cent GIF by BET Awards

Edited by iStu X
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Because live action shows worked so well before for this network.

I like how they say girls don’t like animation when they canceled shows like Young Justice because too many girls were watching it. 

Yea I remember the last time they did this. Guess they forgot people tune into CARTOON Network for cartoons. Disney Channel exists for people who want dog shit sitcoms aimed at 14 year olds like Wizards of Waverly Place. 

10 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Because live action shows worked so well before for this network.

I like how they say girls don’t like animation when they canceled shows like Young Justice because too many girls were watching it. 

"Graduate" out of animation.  That line is really telling into this person psyche and someone who thinks like this should probably not be in a position of power on CARTOON Network.  This person is in that same group that gives animation a dumb ass stigma that "If its drawn or rendered then it isn't and can't be mature".   

I don't know why "just make good content" is so hard to understand.  She's complaining that the audience skews too heavily towards boys 6-11.  OK....So...have you attempted to move outside of that within the realm of animation?   Cause I have a feeling they haven't seriously given it a try.

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

They dont visit tumblr

I am talking about twatter, but not just that site.

Sadly, many companies nowdays use it alongside other social media sites as a crutch to actual market research.

They buy the info from companies to do their reports which is why you see a disconnect on what actual public thinks and what market researchers say people want those days.

42 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I am talking about twatter, but not just that site.

Sadly, many companies nowdays use it alongside other social media sites as a crutch to actual market research.

They buy the info from companies to do their reports which is why you see a disconnect on what actual public thinks and what market researchers say people want those days.

Yes and no on the accuracy. Yes they do buy data but i dont believe Twitter sells data like that. I do know of other social media apps and sites who do. 

But its semi accurate because of how they can use that dats to pinpoint peoples locations and indepth info(john oliver did a recent video that breaks it down well). 

But with that data you cab essentially do a nielson ratings system but more accurate. Ypu can say ok in this region these girls of this age are watching or talking about these shows but after a certain age they stopped talking about it. So you can kinda deduce they arent as interested in cartoons. 

But im curious if they put anime and cartoons in the same boat. Because if not then we have a huggge discrepancy. Like i totally can see girls dropping off american cartoons after a certain age because maybe they feel kiddy in look or subject matter. But maybe they moved onto anime because of more adult themes that they reflects them more as they age. 

Every social media sells data.
In fact, is not only social media, plenty of sites sell their data to different companies.

Be for adds, marketing, statistics, etc.

It is how many sites make money, and why the new laws involving privacy around the world are affecting the business of said sites, like with Facebook, for example.

There are even sites that buy data to re package it and sell it again.

The problem is that, specially for social media, this data can be very biased.

Which is why we have seen a lot of blunders in the last decade when it comes to marketing, since the talking points in social media wouldn't necessarily mean interest by the general public, or even that the general public knows.

Not to mention that the demographic of sites varies so if a company focuses more on X or Y site, they are not getting a good pool of data to plan accordingly.

You will think that companies will see this, but as someone who works in the IT industry and with Big Data, I have seen it be brushed over.

BTW, I am aware that this clashes with my position about the new Head of CN not being aware of the demographic of shipping culture, since we see it mostly on sites like tumblr and twitter, BUT, in this case, is mostly how the notion that girls "graduate" from animation is very dumb when we see that there are millions of people of both sexes enjoying animation, not to mention, the big amount of women in the animation industry, at every level.

I bet this new woman in charge is the type to think that Disney remakes are improvements over classics, and will probably buy her kid a La Blue Girl movie like in the old meme

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Every social media sells data.
In fact, is not only social media, plenty of sites sell their data to different companies.

Be for adds, marketing, statistics, etc.

It is how many sites make money, and why the new laws involving privacy around the world are affecting the business of said sites, like with Facebook, for example.

There are even sites that buy data to re package it and sell it again.

The problem is that, specially for social media, this data can be very biased.

Which is why we have seen a lot of blunders in the last decade when it comes to marketing, since the talking points in social media wouldn't necessarily mean interest by the general public, or even that the general public knows.

Not to mention that the demographic of sites varies so if a company focuses more on X or Y site, they are not getting a good pool of data to plan accordingly.

You will think that companies will see this, but as someone who works in the IT industry and with Big Data, I have seen it be brushed over.

BTW, I am aware that this clashes with my position about the new Head of CN not being aware of the demographic of shipping culture, since we see it mostly on sites like tumblr and twitter, BUT, in this case, is mostly how the notion that girls "graduate" from animation is very dumb when we see that there are millions of people of both sexes enjoying animation, not to mention, the big amount of women in the animation industry, at every level.

I bet this new woman in charge is the type to think that Disney remakes are improvements over classics, and will probably buy her kid a La Blue Girl movie like in the old meme

Because of all these selling of data we got services popping up offering to wipe people's data clean from the companies who have them. Since new privacy laws companies have to delete a person's data if they request it. 

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Because of all these selling of data we got services popping up offering to wipe people's data clean from the companies who have them. Since new privacy laws companies have to delete a person's data if they request it. 

The EU has laws that allow you to do that too.

Is your right to ask to be forgotten, and also to ask for access to any data that a company has about you.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea me neither. Art in the thumbnail screams Adventure Time. 

Is the same creator.

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I never heard of this series. 

It was a youtube exclussive for its 1st 3 seasons.

It was quite big when it launched.

Never watched it, tbh, but I was aware of its existance due how much fanart saw about it.

Plus my brother liked to watch it when it launched.

Bravest Warriors was fantastic and genuinely brilliant. I was never a rabid fan or everything but I genuinely loved the series. It’s a shame it went through all the bullshit it did. But as the video said, they were rolling a lot of dice and most didn’t fall in their favor. 

Catbug was easily one of the best characters. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Interested in all 3 but curious as to where Korra's will take place.

Korra has three graphic novels that all take place after the series and pick up a lot of the plot threads they didn’t have time to flesh out or even introduce. So there’s plenty to work with just based off that. 

zuko’s movie needs to be based on the book that happens directly after the series ends and you learn about Ursa  as well as what happened to her

Edited by iStu X
18 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Korra has three graphic novels that all take place after the series and pick up a lot of the plot threads they didn’t have time to flesh out or even introduce. So there’s plenty to work with just based off that. 

zuko’s movie needs to be based on the book that happens directly after the series ends and you learn about Ursa  as well as what happened to her

Yeah I think I have and have read all 3?  Gonna have to recheck cause I might only have 2.  The one I remember the most is Kuvira's redemption arc which was a fun read.  I am not aware of Zuko's book.  Is it an actual book or comic?

11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Graphic novel technically. It’s a three part story called The Search. 

Aight.  I got something I'm going to grab eventually then...Thanks! 

Edit:  and for Korra I have Ruins of the Empire and Turf Wars so yeah I must be missing a 3rd graphic novel then.

Edited by Sonichuman