Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

Problem with executives they are quick to cast out those they think have different ideas and for those that know animation has prospects they get pushed out for lame stuff they copy from successful things in the past.

Netflix at this time is going the cost cutting route when they spend big and then investors get scared. They demand action and fail to understand where how the mid to low tier success projects help bigger ones like Stranger Things stay up

12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So, @Sonichumandid you finish Duck Tales?

Not haven't fully finished it yet cause I've now roped my wife into watching it lol.  I was telling her about how great the show was and really wanted her to watch it as well so I'm trying to get her caught up now.  I'm on S3Ep 19 right now where Santa guilts Scrooge into helping him with Christmas.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think Harley Quinn is safer than YJ. Hopefully neither go anywhere though.

Same, Harley has a brand much bigger then YJ at the moment so anything with her is obviously safer then even the Justice League Proper at the moment. Hopefully both get another season or more to shine but don't hold your breath.

I am also disconnecting my emotions in regards to a Venture Bros follow up.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've still only seen the first movie.  I've they other 2 are pretty good though.  Will try to watch them at some point if given an opportunity to do so.

In all honesty Kung Fu Panda 1-3 were just about a perfect trilogy.  Each villain challenged him in a completely different way.  I really thought the 3rd one was a great way to end the series, and I am hoping this doesn't turn out like Toy Story 4.

I'm almost done with season 2 of G1 Transformers.

Yooo, my bot Powerglide got game with the human girls! He needs to work on being less shovey to them though.

You can tell whenever Toei doesn't animate an episode. When the quality drops, it is  amassive drop compared to Toei's work.

----

Edited by RegH81
LET'S GET DANGEROUS!!!

Along with taking them off the service, Cartoon Network is purging everything they’ve officially posted of OK KO and Infinity Train. 

I haven’t seen anything else, but I assume this will be happening with the other shows taken off HBO Max this week.

edit: Mao Mao is also getting this treatment.

Edited by BornWinner

For what I read, this is because this way they can cut costs from shows that were not watched much by reducing how much they pay on residuals.

This is pure speculation, but perhaps the train of thought is to take off shows where the residuals were negotiated in a way that doesn't align with how other shows were negotiated?

Because there seems to be other shows that are on a similar range of how much they were watched but are not being taken off.

27 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Physical forever. I don't care if it makes me a stupid old man. 

It is why I have Hundreds of tera bytes in space on my private server to store anything that I can't get a physical copy, since I don't trust the cloud.

Yoy are 1 legislation away or 1 change in the service away to kiss good bye you access to content.

....I'm sorry...Is that a Sailor scout pulling a Professor X?  Is that wheel chair also flying?   I'm not even sure how to respond to this lol.

Edit:  There is...a lot to unpack from just this opening.   I'm not even sure if I want to watch the full thing cause it'll feel like I'm looking into the timeline where it exists lol.  I'll probably look at it anyway out of morbid curiosity.

Edited by Sonichuman