Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I feel like this should have happened like 11 years ago when RWBY was relevent

RWBY is still pretty relevant.  If it wasn't it wouldn't have a new game that just released, collabs with other games, a retelling of the first season in actual anime form, or still wouldn't be on going with the new season.  Whether someone likes or watches it currently is of course subjective and a different story.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

And of course, twitter is having a fit of rage because Korra is dead 🤣

I swear that a good portion of the Legend of Korra fanbase was just shippers jumping from a series to another like Locusts, rather than Avatar fans.

Anyone getting mad about this is likely an idiot.  There's literally nothing to be mad about since they explained how the Avatar works from the jump lol.  This isn't going to stop more stories being told about Korra in the future if they come up with anything, the same how there's still stories coming out about Aang.

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

I love the Avatar but they make the shipping wars from Naruto look Civil in comparison. 

Jokes aside, the shipping wars on Naruto were really civil when compared to other series/animes, since from the start the vast majority were on the NaruHina ship, hell, even the animation team were on the NaruHina ship from the start, lol.

Finally finished Season 2 of Primal

Spoiler

I thought they weren't going to deal with Viking Cinder until Season 3 but NOPE.  Think it would have been better if Spear and Fang had to deal with this massive threat that they had to find out how to deal with while going on their misadventures during season 3 but that wasn't meant to be I guess.  Kinda said that Spear died after everything that he's been through but dude went out like a G.  If the series ended here then I'd be ok but if they decide they want to continue with Spear's daughter I'd be ok with that too....kinda weirded out that Mira decided to give it up to Spear while he was on death's door and pretty much fried balony but at least he got to go out with a smile.

So I just started Rise of TMNT and...saying this show is different in underselling it by a wide margin.  The clips that I've seen here and there of the show still didn't quite prepare me for what to expect from this show and it's just the first episode.    This show has way more comedy than I was expecting for something attached to this IP.  TMNT has always had comedic bits in it but this show seems to to have no qualms with putting budget into the action along with comedic bits during the action.  The style is pretty off putting and I can see hardcore fans or people who are just casual fans of what came before not liking this.  My wife who as far as I know is probably a tertiary fan at best immediately said she did not like the style of the show upon looking at it and just started ignoring it without looking at HOW RIDICULOUS THE ANIMATION IS, especially for Western animation.  I'm going to keep watching it on and off this show just seems to be doing a ton of stuff different from the TMNT mythos to try to shake it up and the very first episode is upfront about it.  Also was not expecting a Leroy Jenkins reference...was caught off guard lol.  They didn't linger on the joke either or point it out it just happened and they kept it moving.

Turns out the Toonami fanart fiasco has more layers to it than Nami did in that art. 

Turns out the art was submitted by a well known art thief. He got the Nami image off of an actual artist’s Patreon. It wasn’t made public yet by the artist.

Because it is considered stolen and could inspire other people to do this, Toonami will no longer have the fanart segment during that block. 

Surprisingly, the fact that it was fetish art did not factor in this decision.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

IGN

While it's true the character in most of her iterations has typically played second fiddle to the rest of the cast, HBO Max’s Velma proves exactly why the character, at least this version, isn’t exactly ready for the spotlight. Full review on the site.

320757942_849435649459242_45264373144362

Yeah most reviews that I've glanced at gave the feeling of "...meh"

9 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Turns out the Toonami fanart fiasco has more layers to it than Nami did in that art. 

Turns out the art was submitted by a well known art thief. He got the Nami image off of an actual artist’s Patreon. It wasn’t made public yet by the artist.

Because it is considered stolen and could inspire other people to do this, Toonami will no longer have the fanart segment during that block. 

Surprisingly, the fact that it was fetish art did not factor in this decision.

Eh Toonami is a part of adult swim so even though the art is definitely out there, its not completely out of line with some of the shows that air late at night or even some of the trippy ass adult swim bumps that they put up.   Kinda sucks that they aren't gonna do the fanart section but as is the case with just about everything else in society, usually takes one fucktard to ruin something for everyone else or have some rule or law changed.

26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

IGN loves everything, for them to give it a 6 is like...3 or 4 from anyone else. 

"It has a little something for everyone"

IGN's rating is rating is actually fairly in line with some of the other opinions I've glanced over thus far.  Hovering around 5-6 ish area. 

Edited by Sonichuman
Just now, BornWinner said:

There are so many ways to make an adult Scooby Doo work and this show is not doing any of it. I would say makes me wonder why they made it a Scooby Doo spinoff in the first place, but we all know why.

It was clear this series was a self insert "fan" fiction from the start.

But it seems we underestimated how of a talentless hack was the showrunner/writer lol

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Everything Mindy helms is a self insert. Her Velma looks just like her lol. 

I only know her from The Office and her show with her name which ngl, I thought it failed cuz after the 1st season I never heard anything about it again, but just saw it had 6 seasons in total.

But I assume that if you say it, then it must be a recurring thing with her.

She didn't even tried to hide that this was a vanity project, lol.

Edit

And reading about her, it seems that a lot of people hate her because paraphrasing here, on all her shows the non white men are always being put down to make the white boys laugh, and that she has a white men fetish which ties in with always putting non white men as weak and shit like that on her shows.

As some say, "she literally set us back like 100 years"

🤣

Edited by Hecatom