Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

You know, what I find the most insulting and funny about the way that the show Velma treats Fred, is that they decide to use him as a punching bag just because he is white, which is disgustingly racist, but as we know, those imbeciles think that is not racism if is aimed towards white people.

But not only that, they decide to justify the vitriol towards him by making him a rich boy.

Which is just another thing to add to the pile on how the writers don't care about the chars and Ip at all, since canonically the rich person in the gang is Daphne, the closest that he has been of being a rich guy is on Mystery Inc, where his father is the mayor, but even then, he is not near close to how rich the family of Daphne and some relatives of Shaggy are.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You know, what I find the most insulting and funny about the way that the show Velma treats Fred, is that they decide to use him as a punching bag just because he is white, which is disgustingly racist, but as we know, those imbeciles think that is not racism if is aimed towards white people.

But not only that, they decide to justify the vitriol towards him by making him a rich boy.

Which is just another thing to add to the pile on how the writers don't care about the chars and Ip at all, since canonically the rich person in the gang is Daphne, the closest that he has been of being a rich guy is on Mystery Inc, where his father is the mayor, but even then, he is not near close to how rich the family of Daphne and some relatives of Shaggy are.

I loved in Pup Named Scooby Doo Daphnes butler would whole ass fly in on a helicopter just to give her some shit like a Jacket or a box of scooby snacks. 😂

4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I mean, good on adult swim for firing Roiland. I expect a statement from Hulu as well regarding Solar Opposites as he’s head writer, producer and provides one of the main characters voices on there as well. 

But like….who the fuck is going to voice Rick, Morty and the majority of the additional voices?  It’s kinda hard to continue a show when you fire one of the co-creators who also voices BOTH of the titular characters. 

Edited by iStu X
15 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Since I have not kept with the news, what I want to know, is that the allegations are confirmed, or this is something like has happened another times, where they are going just by the allegations alone, without any kind of proof?

Roiland was charged back in 2020 and had a number of pretrial appearances, but no trial date yet. News/updates has been vague because court documents have been sealed, likely to protect the victim.

Apparently Adult Swim is locked in to 10 seasons of Rick and Morty, per an agreement from 2018. I don't know if fans will give season 7 a chance, especially from the bad publicity.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Well...they got at least 4 of the voices if they hire this guy but the main concern is the writing.

Don’t quote me on this, but I remember hearing that Roiland wasn’t doing much writing lately. That goes to Harmon and some other people. Roiland just did the VA while he was mainly writing for his other show, Solar Opposites.

Which he also got canned from.

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Not sure if this is more anime or just cartoons but Imma leave it here

4kids was so dreadful that its awfulness knew no boundaries.

Most anime in latin america has been usually translated directly from japanese, but with certain ips that the rights were bought by usa studios like 4kids, the translations and versions used were from the english version, and you could tell.

I think the only 2 4kids animes that were successful in latin america were Yugi and Pokémon, eeverything else always felt to the cracks because the quality felt off compared to other animes.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:54 PM, Hecatom said:

4kids was so dreadful that its awfulness knew no boundaries.

Most anime in latin america has been usually translated directly from japanese, but with certain ips that the rights were bought by usa studios like 4kids, the translations and versions used were from the english version, and you could tell.

I think the only 2 4kids animes that were successful in latin america were Yugi and Pokémon, eeverything else always felt to the cracks because the quality felt off compared to other animes.

Yeah, 4Kids was bad, but I will credit them, besides Pokemon and Yugi Oh, I really loved Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman bad dub aside, I probably wouldn't have found that great wrestling franchise I probably would not have known about for years if they didn't air it. 

20 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, 4Kids was bad, but I will credit them, besides Pokemon and Yugi Oh, I really loved Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman bad dub aside, I probably wouldn't have found that great wrestling franchise I probably would not have known about for years if they didn't air it. 

I wanted to try to get Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman on DVD/Bluray but everything is import which is kind of disappointing.

18 hours ago, iStu X said:

Miyazaki will have two legacies after he is immediately passed. The first is legendary animation creator and the second is crabbiest motherfucking old Asian celebrity who talked shit.

Had to say Asian celebrity because I can't tell who is worst him or Alan Moore. I am leaning Miyazaki but will leave room for Moore.

24 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Miyazaki will have two legacies after he is immediately passed. The first is legendary animation creator and the second is crabbiest motherfucking old Asian celebrity who talked shit.

Had to say Asian celebrity because I can't tell who is worst him or Alan Moore. I am leaning Miyazaki but will leave room for Moore.

I give it to Moore still, personally, Moore doesn't enjoy fucking anything. Miayazki's right behind him tho with his cranky bullshit and the way he treats his son Goro is pretty gross honestly.

I wonder if this will be in the new show

328630568_504123881879503_44297673515560

Amazon is listing a September 26th release date for the upcoming Azula one-shot graphic novel. Edit: comic store release date is the next day.
"Azula continues her destabilizing campaign against the Fire Nation and her brother, Fire Lord Zuko. But after a failed attack on her latest target, Azula finds herself in a mysterious forest temple inhabited by a solitary monk…or is it something more mysterious? Azula must confront her past, and finally face her chance at redemption. "

On 1/25/2023 at 11:48 PM, BornWinner said:

Don’t quote me on this, but I remember hearing that Roiland wasn’t doing much writing lately. That goes to Harmon and some other people. Roiland just did the VA while he was mainly writing for his other show, Solar Opposites.

Which he also got canned from.

My wife was JUST talking to me about his today about people finding out Roiland barely did shit in terms of writing for for the show and then this tweet popped up that made me laugh

On 2/3/2023 at 8:16 AM, Wellman said:

I will say Moore is worst. Miyazaki isn't ashamed of his work last I checked and doesn't insult people for using his work as a building block for theirs.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:24 PM, Sonichuman said:

Disney announced they're laying off 7000 workers....AND also announced that Toy Story 5, Frozen 3 and Zootopia 2 are happening

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-to-lay-off-7000-employees-in-effort-to-cut-55-billion-in-costs

I da know...feel like maaaaaybe they should have kept these 2 announcements separate?

Damn, after all that hype about Iger coming back to 'save' the company from business focused Chapek.