Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

Ep4 of Invincible

Spoiler

Darkblood comes back later, right? The idea of a demon who stays in the mortal world to be a detective because he doesn't want to return to hell is damn cool to me. I want him back man.

Omni Man really struggling if Mark will aid in his conquest to conqueror Earth isn't he? I can see that's why he's pushing Mark to be so deattached. 

I've been watching Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. It is super corny but it was the 1980s and this show helped make me a Spidey fan. Toei animated a few episodes, including the one that retells Spidey's origin story. The episode was practically ripped right out of Amazing Fantasy #15.

I didn't realize it when I was a kid but Fire Star in her secret ID was visually Mary Jane. Also, the show loved to show off her butt. The amount of focus on it was crazy but understandable. 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Invincible ep5

Hide contents

I was happy to see Titan successfully turn his life around at the end of the episode. I'm a sucker for a well deserved happy ending.

Spoiler

Titan threw hands with Battle Beast, surived, and came out a kingpin!

1 hour ago, CDB2k20 said:

Hide contents

Titan threw hands with Battle Beast, surived, and came out a kingpin!

We that remains to be see IF he'll stay on the righteous path. Reminded me of a certain MARVEL Netflix show that ended like this. Wonder if this was intentional 👀

I just finished the new 2020 Looney Tunes shorts on HBO Max.

Pros:

2d animation that looks relatively close to the classic style I was afraid they would be cg.

Great voice actors that come very close to Mel Blanc's originals

Funny gags and plots that are timeless with a few welcome wrinkles thrown in

I liked the ones with Bugs/Rocky/Muggsy on the run, Porky getting a parking spot, and Tweety living inside of Sylvester

Cons:

I don't like Bugs yellow gloves.

Lack of Yosemite  Sam having guns. While Elmer can manage , it hurts Sam. 

I wish they would feature a wider range of characters. I wanted to see Foghorn, Speedy Gonzales, 

Overall: 8.5/10

Edited by DangerousJ
35 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

If this somehow doesn't end up a steaming pile and actually popular I'll be super surprised.  Not saying that mojo shouldn't have a son but that opens a door to questions like 'who or what did mojo knock up to have a son?'  and 'Was it willling or no?' lol

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

If this somehow doesn't end up a steaming pile and actually popular I'll be super surprised.  Not saying that mojo shouldn't have a son but that opens a door to questions like 'who or what did mojo knock up to have a son?'  and 'Was it willling or no?' lol

The show can pass by all of that if Mojo created his child like the professor did the girls. He was involved in their creation and created the rowdy rough boys. 

55 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I own the first like 7 volumes and haven't read them in a long time. It's fun being reminded Invincible gets his shit pushed in alot in the early parts 😂

I plan on buying the compendiums when I get paid next Friday. They’re discounted huge on comixology right now