Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

The original tweet talking about the leak just got taken off for copyright. That doesn’t look good.

29 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Love the actors and actresses but I don't get who this is supposed to be for? Feels like they pushing forward an executive pet project that has no logic other then a few people's misconception of the franchise.

At this point, I expect them to make a show that people will hate watch instead of making anything legitimately good. People will tune in just for how bad it can get.

Edited by BornWinner
5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

The original tweet talking about the leak just got taken off for copyright. That doesn’t look good.

At this point, I expect them to make a show that people will hate watch instead of making anything legitimately good. People will tune in just for how bad it can get.

I was kind of hoping it wasn't real but this nearly seals it at this point...God man...reading through this it felt like the most unnecessarily edgy tryhard shit.  Someone took the time to type this shit up and gave it to the execs and they were like 'SOUNDS AMAZING...LET'S GET THAT PILOT GOING'.  We were almost in a timeline where that was going to be on screen.  Jesus.

Nobody reading over that script thought nothing was wrong with it?  Nobody?

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Nobody reading over that script thought nothing was wrong with it?  Nobody?

It was so unbelievable, I thought it had to have been fake. Then I remembered: This was being made by CW and it all made sense. If what I hear about Riverdale is true, then everything in that script  was going to happen. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

So far My favorite arc in Castlevania Season 4 is Alucard and Sypha both having an existential crisis’ about them starting to  act like Trevor. 😂

Alucard looked in the mirror saw dirt and said fuck me ☠️

@Deadly_RaverIt was somebody posting some parts to the leaked script of the Powerpuff Girls CW show. There was some doubt if any of it was real because it so ridiculous. And then the guy’s post was copyrighted meaning all of it was real and it was going to be on TV.

Good thing it looks like they’ll change because it tested poorly with the test audience because I don’t see who it was supposed to appeal to. 

You can read the episode to the full pilot here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14O5_ldLyMSvaTy83nb13DRtYey0WLFLm/view

2 minutes ago, CDB2k20 said:

God help the internet if She-Ra cameos and has the Wonder Woman build the female cast has in this, and the nu-SheRa fans see it!!

The meltdowns will be glorious to view!!

People were all sorts of triggered because a few characters had some attire changes. Watching those same people today flipping out about the trailer:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The timeline is out of wack. Trevor story was set in 1476. I don't remember when the TV series took place but Trevor definitely shouldn't be Richter dad. Otherwise I'm all for this. 

Hence why the show's title card says "Based on the videogame series by Konami". 

On 6/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, CDB2k20 said:

Wasn't into He-Man but it already looks like they did him and his cast justice!! 

God help the internet if She-Ra cameos and has the Wonder Woman build the female cast has in this, and the nu-SheRa fans see it!!

The meltdowns will be glorious to view!!
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

They are already melting down. It's pathetic. I've already seen articles complaining about He-Man getting a new show and She-Ra not getting a new season. They need to take their own advice. "You had your show, this is ours, so just don't watch it."  Honestly it ultimately seems like it wont matter anyway. Apparently the rumors about the "He-Man" show maybe true after all. Back when it was announced it was rumored that He-Man would disappear and Teela would be the lead of the show. Apparently the trailer is all from the first episode. If this shit turns out to be true, Kevin Smith needs to fucking apologize to Clownfish TV. Because when they tweeted that they heard this rumor and they emphasized that is was rumor they hoped wasn't true. Kevin Smith flipped his shit.

If this shit is true, fuck this timeline. Give me the time line where Craptoon Network didn't cancel He-Man 2002 and we got He-Man in all his glory and the actual She-Ra. She was going to be in the next season. They actually released her figurine  but good ole' Craptoon Network cancelled the show. So we never got to see her in action. I'm so over these "reboots" that are basically talentless hacks that can't create their own IP bastardizing an existing one. Stop be lazing, create something original. It is it easy? No. Creating characters and a universe is exceedingly hard, but if you succeed you end up with something iconic.....that hacks will ruin decades down the line. 😑

Edit: I'm SALT|Darc Requiem right now. Shit unrelated to this has me aggravated as fuck.

Edit 2: Synopsis of Masters of the Universe Revelation

“After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe.”

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They are already melting down. It's pathetic. I've already seen articles complaining about He-Man getting a new show and She-Ra not getting a new season. They need to take their own advice. "You had your show, this is ours, so just don't watch it."  Honestly it ultimately seems like it wont matter anyway. Apparently the rumors about the "He-Man" show maybe true after all. Back when it was announced it was rumored that He-Man would disappear and Teela would be the lead of the show. Apparently the trailer is all from the first episode. If this shit turns out to be true, Kevin Smith needs to fucking apologize to Clownfish TV. Because when they tweeted that they heard this rumor and they emphasized that is was rumor they hoped wasn't true. Kevin Smith flipped his shit.

If this shit is true, fuck this timeline. Give me the time line where Craptoon Network didn't cancel He-Man 2002 and we got He-Man in all his glory and the actual She-Ra. She was going to be in the next season. They actually released her figurine for the but good ole' Craptoon Network cancelled the show. So we never got to see her in action. I'm so over these "reboots" that are basically talentless hacks that can't create their own IP bastardizing an existing one. Stop be lazing, create something original. It is it easy? No. Creating characters and a universe is exceedingly hard, but if you succeed you end up with something iconic.....that hacks will ruin decades down the line. 😑

..wait what!!?

Episode 4 Luke GIF by Star Wars

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CDB2k20Check the official synopsis for Masters of the Universe Revelation that I posted. Kevin Smith is full of shit. It's exactly what I heard months ago. What's his address? I'm going to pull a Stewie Griffin, fly to his house, ring his door bell, slug him in the face, and just walk off.

50Io.gif

What I don’t get are those tweets from Smith to Clownfish. If you’re going to denounce of the things he was saying was based on a lie, I would understand. But why do that if it’s true anyway? This is just going to piss off more people who wanted what they saw in the trailer.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

What I don’t get are those tweets from Smith to Clownfish. If you’re going to denounce of the things he was saying was based on a lie, I would understand. But why do that if it’s true anyway? This is just going to piss off more people who wanted what they saw in the trailer.

Same here, I don't get it either. Like, the show is going to come out eventually. People are going remember his denials. He just made it worse. Side note: Keeping up the Kevin Smith is liar tangent. He claimed to be a big He-Man fan. Someone pulled quote from him from like 2013 in which he said and I'm paraphrasing "I've never been a fan of He-Man but check out this toy line. It's pretty cool."

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If this shit is true, fuck this timeline. Give me the time line where Craptoon Network didn't cancel He-Man 2002 and we got He-Man in all his glory and the actual She-Ra. She was going to be in the next season. They actually released her figurine  but good ole' Craptoon Network cancelled the show. So we never got to see her in action. I'm so over these "reboots" that are basically talentless hacks that can't create their own IP bastardizing an existing one. Stop be lazing, create something original. It is it easy? No. Creating characters and a universe is exceedingly hard, but if you succeed you end up with something iconic.....that hacks will ruin decades down the line. 😑

Edit: I'm SALT|Darc Requiem right now. Shit unrelated to this has me aggravated as fuck.

Edit 2: Synopsis of Masters of the Universe Revelation

“After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe.”

Creator flips his shit because a major league happened to a project way earlier in its development? 

Yeah I don't know why you guys are shocked he was mad. This is a normal response. Especially something as big as that reveal 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Creator flips his shit because a major league happened to a project way earlier in its development? 

Yeah I don't know why you guys are shocked he was mad. This is a normal response. Especially something as big as that reveal

He attacked them for spreading lies. They weren't lying. That's the problem. If they were making shit up about what he's doing, then by all means fly off the handle. Not only that they made a point to specify that it was just a rumor. By flying off the handle and attacking them, he drew attention to it. Kevin Smith made it a thing. That's why the initial blow up happened in the first place. Plus since he made it a thing, more people know he's a lying sack of shit.

TLDR; Kevin Smith drew attention to this by attacking them. And it turns out they were right and he was lying. So fuck him.