Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

As someone that has fallen away from the He Man fandom despite watching the old show, the live action movie, the early 2000s reboot,She Ra and etc.

Whatever as long as it looks good and the violence plus story are on point. They can pull an isekai and make an OP powered Papa Smurf the lead.

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Wait, so the new He Man show won't actually be about He Man? That is some bait and switch fuckery if true, pretty much false advertisement. 

EDIT: The title isn't called He-Man, Masters of the Universe either, just Masters of the Universe.....eh. Idk about this 🤔

It's about Teela fam. Not only that there is a new action figure for the show. Tell me what this implies. 

skelegod-he-man-masters-universe-revelat

So it's not a He-Man show, He-Man loses to Skeletor, and Skeletor get's the Power Sword? Miss me with this bullshit. Kevin out here attacking people for telling the truth about his shows plot. Meanwhile he's out here lying about being He-Man fan to begin with. This is like a bad game of musical chairs. Every time the music stops some hack ruins an IP I grew up with. 

I'm willing to give the show a shot, I don't have an issue with a female lead but that trailer and the news preceeding it was misleading as fuck.

Smith should've been honest from the jump about what the show really was about, now he got ppl hyped for no reason. We wanted a He-Man revival only to realize he's not even the star

Deceptive marketing 

6 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

A show that focuses around He-Man supporting cast doesn't sound terrible to me. 

It's not a terrible concept. There are lot of interesting characters in the universe. That's not how it's marketed and that's my big issue. Don't tell me you are going to give me  a He-Man show and then pull a bait & switch. Setting an expectation that you have no intention of meeting isn't a good look.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

To be clear, this is the problem some people have with. 

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

I’m pretty sure if the show was marketed as what it says at the start, no one would mind what the show ended up like. But with these tweets and the recent trailer making it look like it will be all about He-Man, it will make some people upset. Promising something and then subverting it will always piss someone off. Especially with a beloved IP such as this.

Though we can’t say for sure until it comes out. Maybe that synopsis was outdated and Smith was telling the truth. Maybe it was true, but hopefully it’ll play out well in the show. The latter option is a lot more scummy though.

I just ignore internet drama bullshit and watch shows and judge them based on that. Kevin could say it's all about God damn Captain Planet and I really don't care. I won't have any opinion on anything till I've watched the show. I took this stance following the outcry over NuShe-Ra and how horrible it was supposed to be....and then it was awesome. 

So yea fuck all this drama. Just watch the show and judge it on that. Only thing that actually matters imo. 

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm under the impression Kevin Smith wanted to do some MSG2 type shit with this show and Clownfish fucked that up by leaking what the actual plot is. If that is what he was going for I can see why he's upset about this 

I wonder how Kojima managed to cultivate such loyalty that he's been able to keep pretty much every bat shit insane twist he came up with, such a secret. 

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I wonder how Kojima managed to cultivate such loyalty that he's been able to keep pretty much every bat shit insane twist he came up with, such a secret. 

Kojima I am speculate he had two types of folk working on his games at all time. 1. Loyalists who know what he is doing and are willing to keep quiet. 2. Folk that only work on a part of the game, in the most generic aspects and then have no idea things are going to work the way they do until the final product lands or they see it in the news.

Cartoon/Hollywood types don't have too many loyalists who ignore press/favors compared to those you can cultivate in the game industry.

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

So Netflix released a clip of the upcoming Transformers-War For Cybertron: Kingdom series in their "What's to watch in July" reel. 

It's about as ass as I was expecting. 

Part 1 was excruciatingly "meh", didn't watch Part 2, and will certainly not watch part 3. 

I tried to watch the first but ten minutes into got distracted by family stuff and never went back. I am tempted solely because of the Beast Wars crew. 

18 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

New show that will be on HBO Max.

Jellystone will feature several Hanna-Barbera characters living in a small town. It’s headed by C.H. Greenblatt, creator of Chowder and Harvey Beaks.

Hate the artstyle, love the concept. I definitely wanna check it out regardless to see all those old characters 

10 hours ago, iStu X said:

Twitter is mad about the new He-Man show race swapping (white to black) a character that didn’t even exist in the original 80’s cartoon. 😂

apparently prince Adam isn’t allowed  to have black ancestors 

Greyskull did exist in the reboot and likely where the rage is coming from.

Edited by Hawkingbird

For people interested in the show, be warned Kevin Smith spoiled something about Masters of the Universe: Revelation. So try to avoid if you can. If you don't care then....

Spoiler

Apparently Orko dies in episode 4. Also Kevin Smith lacks self awareness....and the ability to tell the truth apparently. Edit: Lou Scheimer is probably rolling over in his grave.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

For people interested in the show, be warned Kevin Smith spoiled something about Masters of the Universe: Revelation. So try to avoid if you can. If you don't care then....

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently Orko dies in episode 4. Also Kevin Smith lacks self awareness....and the ability to tell the truth apparently. Edit: Lou Scheimer is probably rolling over in his grave.

This better be true. 

Playing catch up with The Venture Bros has been a blast. Two silly moments that stood out in Season 5 and the Season 6 opener:

Also, kudos  to the show for "The Investors" names and how they all tie together with Greek Mythology. Even greater is that Killinger uses an umbrella, which is an element of one of the gods referenced. 

I grow more and more upset each episode that I didn't watch it while it was still on. 

The creators EARNED the right to finish the show. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm so hype it's getting a movie to close off the show after it was canceled. Dr. Girlfriend is bae. 

I need a two part movie. I just don't have faith they can truly truly tell the story they want to in 1 movie. As fans we legit have forgiven this show the most for how long they take between seasons because the story is so well crafted and carefully done. Rick and morty aignt got shit on venture bros for taking breaks between seasons