Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

I know that holding call will be talked about for a bit. Congrats to the Rams, not a huge fan of the team, but there's some players I am happy for getting a ring. Which I think applies for most people. Like people aren't fans of the Rams, but they're happy that some players on the team got a ring lol. Amazing season for the Bengals even with the Super Bowl lost. That offensive line needs some work, 8 times(?) Burrow got sacked and one of them almost took him out of the game. Anyways decent game, glad it wasn't a blow out.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Looks like a good thing on the surface at least, but if the XFL is coming back with NFL style rules then I don't know how enjoyable the product would be. I liked the last version of the XFL a lot. They had complete transparency when it came to officiating. 

Same, it is good for the league to play nice with the NFL but I don't want it just becoming the NFL's G League or NXT promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the Baker stuff feels pretty overblown. People calling him a drama queen even though it seems pretty reasonable to ask for a trade and say good bye when your team made it known that they want a different QB. I don't really follow Browns news so closely so maybe there's more incidents. I still think he's a decent QB and will get another chance with the Seahawks or Colts. I wish him the best with whichever team he goes to.

1 hour ago, globe said:

A lot of the Baker stuff feels pretty overblown. People calling him a drama queen even though it seems pretty reasonable to ask for a trade and say good bye when your team made it known that they want a different QB. I don't really follow Browns news so closely so maybe there's more incidents. I still think he's a decent QB and will get another chance with the Seahawks or Colts. I wish him the best with whichever team he goes to.

I don't follow the Browns that closely. That said, it's telling when they got rid of OBJ and multiple players from team were supportive of him. In this whole lead time up to them replacing Baker, there have been crickets. I mean as a Washington fan, Taylor Heinicke had players campaigning for him to get a shot after he played one playoff game with the team. Now, from what I'm reading, it seems like Jarvis Landry may re-sign with the team. It makes it seem like Baker wasn't that well liked by his teammates. If there is Browns fan here, maybe they can let me know that I'm off base. I work with a Browns fan that's never liked Baker but he's one guy.

I had did my best to avoid the NFL last regular season, so I have no clue how Baker and them fell out. That being said, he should land somewhere given he has some talent. Surprised the Texans did not ask for him to be thrown in the mix so they could ship him out and get more picks. Might not get more then a mid rounder but unless the Browns are being petty that should be a fair deal.

I wonder how Falcons fans feel. First you think you'll get Watson, then you don't. Although you still have Matt Ryan, but then he gets traded to the Colts. Then end up with Mariota (who is okay). Surely not the worst day ever, we all know what that day was.

Baker, Jimmy G, and Minshew still out there. 

• 2 weeks later...