Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

Yeah but let's be real - he ain't the long term solution.

But I'm fine with letting it ride right now because Wentz ain't the long term solution either.  However he just ain't a starting caliber QB.  He just lacks qualities that are necessary and the way they are winning isn't sustainable long term.

I think the Giants vs Washington games are going to be pretty important on who goes to playoffs. Although the rest of the NFC is kind of iffy so there is a chance all 4 NFC East teams are in. Although wtf NFL having Giants vs Washington, Washington bye week, then Giants vs Washington again.

Lol Packers with “Aaron Rodgers is injured” option select primed and ready before the game even started. Game was really good though. 

Also Collinsworth commentating was never on my radar until last night and now I see why a lot of Birds fans don’t like him lmao. Man could not go 30 seconds without fellating Rodgers.

On 11/24/2022 at 11:35 PM, Chadouken said:

SKOL 😈

Right now they're the 14-2 Chargers IMO. The Vikings need a complete curb stomping of a win or three for me to believe in them. Right now that defense couldn't stop a sneeze and it's taken brilliant offensive play-calling to pull them out of holes they shouldn't be in if the defense pulled through all game long. At the very least I think we can put the "Kirk shrinks in crunch time" stigma to bed because without him yeeting dimes to JJ and Adam in the 4th, the Vikes would be 3-8 rather than 9-2. 

Edited by Psychoblue
7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Lol Packers with “Aaron Rodgers is injured” option select primed and ready before the game even started. Game was really good though. 

Also Collinsworth commentating was never on my radar until last night and now I see why a lot of Birds fans don’t like him lmao. Man could not go 30 seconds without fellating Rodgers.

If it weren't for Joe Buck, Collinsworth would be the worst. Never really cared for Collinsworth. That said, he doesn't rub me the wrong way like Buck does. I wish he'd stick to baseball. A) He's better at it. B) Even if he weren't, I don't watch baseball 😉

5 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Right now they're the 14-2 Chargers IMO. The Vikings need a complete curb stomping of a win or three for me to believe in them. Right now that defense couldn't stop a sneeze and it's taken brilliant offensive play-calling to pull them out of holes they shouldn't be in if the defense pulled through all game long. At the very least I think we can put the "Kirk shrinks in crunch time" stigma to bed because without him yeeting dimes to JJ and Adam in the 4th, the Vikes would be 3-8 rather than 9-2. 

It took Peyton Manning winning a Super Bowl for his choking in the playoffs rep to fade somewhat. Cousins winning on Monday Night is like Russian Roulette, there is only a one in six chance. 

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

What the fuck is this fucking Vikings team?

They are the Dark Phoenix team of the NFL. Kirk and these comebacks the offense pulls off after the defense makes it as difficult as possible for them to climb out of the early deficit are giving me strong Tebow Time vibes.

And to be honest, if the Eagles somehow shit the bed before they face off in the playoffs, I'd be super worried if I'm any other NFC team because they might flip the script on you at just the right time and then you're memed on for years and years, just like Matt Ryan deservedly needs to be after letting this happen on his end. In fact he needs to retire and go into witness protection. 

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the playoffs. As for my predictions I think the 49ers will get the job done today, but it'll be a lot closer than people are expecting. Jags pull one under the Chargers. Bills win easily against the Dolphins. Giants win against the Vikings, Bengals win over the Ravens. To wrap everything up Brady and the Bucs give Dallas a whooping.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, globe said:

Time for the playoffs. As for my predictions I think the 49ers will get the job done today, but it'll be a lot closer than people are expecting. Jags pull one under the Chargers. Bills win easily against the Dolphins. Giants win against the Vikings, Bengals win over the Ravens. To wrap everything up Brady and the Bucs give Dallas a whooping.

Hmmm pretty solid so far (except for Bills going over the Dolphins easily)

Also LOL Kirk Cousins