Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

Lol at mfs thinking the Giants had any chance to beat us. Daniel Jones is an ok QB but he has 0 weapons and going against a top 3 passing D and front 4 with a near record breaking amount of sacks. Meanwhile Hurts is an MVP candidate surrounded by 5 pro-bowlers, at least one future HOF’er, and one of the best receivers in franchise history. 

Not shit talking NY but the talent differential was big enough to be seen from space. Vikings were a bit of a trap game for them. 

Man I didn't enjoy either game. Philly vs. San Fran couldn't be helped. San Fran literally ran out of QBs. That KC vs Cincy game had the worst officiating I've seen since the Stealer Vs. Seahawk Superbowl. I spelled Steeler with "a" on purpose. Refs stole that game for them.

It sucks because some dudes were balling out. Chris Jones was playing like Aaron Donald in the last Superbowl. Mahomes was working magic on one good leg. Burrow has an ability to perform under pressure like I've never seen. Normally when a QB gets a serious injury in the pocket. They get jittery under pressure for the rest of their careers. Tom Brady and Carson Palmer come to mind. Burrow just doesn't give a fuck and I can respect that. He could play well with 90s rules.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yeah officiating in the Philly/SF game was suspect too. This year feels the worst in recent memory for shit reffing. Bad roughing the kicker call in the Philly game and the broadcast had Mike Perrera stumbling over his words trying to explain why it was the correct call when the defender was clearly pushed lol.

I cannot watch sports with terrible reffing. Biggest reason I can’t watch NBA basketball is terrible officiating (see Lakers/Celtics the other day). 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Most hot topic out of the SB: Is Rihanna pregnant again? 😂

I don't know, I was surprised that she didn't have a costume change of some sort. But the way it was structured she really wouldn't have the time since it was really all her the whole show. Usually they have a guest star to draw attention and let the camera/audience focus on while they make the change off to the side or in some other structure.

I would give Roger godell or Jeffrey Lurie the best blowjob of all time if it meant I never had to watch Gannon coach our defense again. Jesus Christ our D was embarrassing tonight. 

So many Birds fans crying about one iffy flag when our D did literally nothing the entire game. 

0 sacks 

0 picks

0 forced fumbles

0 tackles for a loss

1 forced punt

24 points allowed in the 2nd half

…with a 10 point lead at the half against an injured QB. 

But please tell me more about how the officials are fixing the game 😂

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I would give Roger godell or Jeffrey Lurie the best blowjob of all time if it meant I never had to watch Gannon coach our defense again. Jesus Christ our D was embarrassing tonight. 

So many Birds fans crying about one iffy flag when our D did literally nothing the entire game. 

0 sacks 

0 picks

0 forced fumbles

0 tackles for a loss

1 forced punt

24 points allowed in the 2nd half

…with a 10 point lead at the half against an injured QB. 

But please tell me more about how the officials are fixing the game 😂

I didn't watch, just saw Twitter reactions. So the refs did ok tonight? 

I knew the bills where going over the moment that Hamlin heart attack angle happened. No way were they going to let this team loose after that. This was the best writing the NFL did in a long time,  a near death moment was an excellent idea to get the Bills over with the fans. The SB was odd though because the eagles came in as top heels but they are the ones being screwed over by the refs? Isn't this usually the other way around? 

I didn't like Rhianna's performance.  I thought the platforms moving like a mario stage were cool but I thought her performance sucked and most of the illuminati stuff were lazy as fuck this time.

Edited by zatalcon3

It's sucks that penalty made was called at a crucial moment but it wasn't a phantom call. Dude actually held him. My pet peeve is the opposite of this situation. When there is a obvious penalty that isn't called because its near the end of the game. A penalty in 1st Quarter should be a penalty in the 4th. 

@VhoziteOutside of wanting to go Alanis Morrisette on Godell or Lurie for new DC. You're handling this pretty well man. Respect for that. 

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@VhoziteOutside of wanting to go Alanis Morrisette on Godell or Lurie for new DC. You're handling this pretty well man. Respect for that. 

I mean it was a pretty good game it’s not like we got blown out. Hurts balled out on the biggest stage.

I don’t sweat the NFL playoffs since each game is one and done and only one team can win the Super Bowl. It’d be like if Street Fighter tournaments were FT1 like yeah the better team will win typically but a lot of things can happen that make it not the ultimate test of skill. Oh yeah and our season was fucking amazing. We found a franchise QB and a full season of exciting talent on offense. You wouldn’t know it last night but even our D was typically fun to watch. Frankly I’m more upset about football season being over, and even then I’m happy I don’t have to hear anymore hype and pre-game analysis of the SB anymore.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's sucks that penalty made was called at a crucial moment but it wasn't a phantom call. Dude actually held him. My pet peeve is the opposite of this situation. When there is a obvious penalty that isn't called because its near the end of the game. A penalty in 1st Quarter should be a penalty in the 4th. 

This ring a bell lol?

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

NFL Officials are the fucking worst man.

The most offensive part about it is how little they seem to care about improving. The way they do replays is terrible. You watch professional level rugby, and they just have on referee whose sole job is to review replays as part of the crew. Here they just cuck around for 20 mins on things needing a replay and then shrug it off.

It kinda drives me crazy that stuff is a catch or isnt' based on how the wind is farting. Its such an interesting sport that's also almost at time equally as garbage.

46 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The most offensive part about it is how little they seem to care about improving. The way they do replays is terrible. You watch professional level rugby, and they just have on referee whose sole job is to review replays as part of the crew. Here they just cuck around for 20 mins on things needing a replay and then shrug it off.

It kinda drives me crazy that stuff is a catch or isnt' based on how the wind is farting. Its such an interesting sport that's also almost at time equally as garbage.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The XFL had a better officiating setup than the NFL. It was in another league. The officials were mic'd up. When they were a discussing call, you heard everything they were saying. When they went to replay booth, you heard the replay official as well. You'd heard the conversation between the on field and replay official. There are couple of times, that after hearing them talk about the call, that I changed my mind on the situation. Moreover, I actually felt like I knew what and wasn't going to be penalty. I think that's why I enjoyed their games so much. In the NFL, after every play, I'm waiting for the flag. 

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I was wondering what was wrong with that throw but really by then I was mentally checked out.

Edit: I assumed he had slipped on the turf after a bunch of our guys doing it all night

Yeah, whatever that turf/artificial grass they got in Arizona looks like it was clearly not made for football. The first half had it flying around like they were playing in mud on some plays and there was one replay where they showed the kicker slip and have the sole of his plant foot and his leg going at a angle between 95 and 130 degrees. Looked painful.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

This comparison may elicit eye rolls but NFL refs the last few years have reminded me of cops/police unions in how hard they oppose changes that would limit their ability to negatively impact a game. It comes across like they’re a big club that thinks they’re above criticism because they do a dirty job. Any attempt to rein them in is fought tooth and nail, even when the suggested improvement is common sense or not invasive.

Even when the broadcast has Mike Perrera on to discuss the call 90% of the time he sides with the officials regardless of the validity of the call. 

Shit is embarrassing. Refs do an important job that nobody likes, but the way refs fight change makes it seem like the role lacks integrity.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Gannon to AZ thank the lord. Memes about the birds leaving Gannon in AZ coming to fruition. 

Gonna be rough replacing two coordinators with a slow start to our off season but still great news so far. Not sure why anyone would hire him after Sunday’s defensive performance. 

We are talking about the Cardinals. They hired Kliff Kingsbury after he was fired from Texas Tech for losing too many games.