Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

Chiefs got their asses kicked up front, just as I thought they would. Frustrating seeing everybody picking the Chiefs to cruise as if Mike Remmers wasn't at left tackle. In a perfect world that dude never sees the field after his time in Carolina. Bring in an extra TE/H-back and run it 40 times like you did at Buffalo.

Also that Bucs offense is impossible to scheme against. 3 or 4 deep at all skill positions means you can't double team anybody. No Willie Gay means no decent pressure from the LB position. Send a corner/safety? Free jumpballs for Evans and Gronk.

Edited by Chachi
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Tom Brady Gets His 7th Ring, Has More Super Bowl Wins Than Any Team

Well it looks like I won't have a local professional football team until the XFL comes back. Cal McNair's 'leadership' with his boy Jack has been a plague on this franchise.

JJ Watt released

Couldn't even get anything from him although I am guessing him going to them directly had a lot to do with that so they don't burn the bridge with one of their best players... Again.

• 1 month later...

I think the Giants did pretty well in free agency. Lots of offensive weapons for Jones. This also puts pressure on Jones, Giants are going to test him. I think they'll have their anwser if he's the guy or not by November. As for the draft I think they'll draft a linemen since everything else is pretty decent.

How'd everyone else's teams do in free agency?

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Jets Trade Sam Darnold To Panthers
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: 2021 Draft Is Here, Everyone Takes QBs Will Any Of Them Be Good?
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I may done with the NFL. I can't take the inability to play defense. I think the "roughing" the passer call against Chase Young may be the straw that broke the camel's back. I used to watch football all day Sunday 1pm all the way to the Sunday Night game. Monday Night Football and even Thursday Night Football. Now I can barely get through one game a week. I miss there being defense in football. Now you can't breathe on a receiver or touch QB without it being a penalty. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Apparently they were "discovered" during the whole WFT and Bruce Allen investigation.

Probably Dan Snyder's lawyer so it takes the heat off of his organization for a bit.

Nah, that points the finger squarely at Bruce Allen. He worked with Gruden in his first stint with the Raiders and was GM with Bucs when Gruden coached there. He's the only one that should have had things going back that far. I can't see Jay, even if he had these, actually turning them over.

Edit: Seems I was close to the mark.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html

Edited by Darc_Requiem