Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Supposedly he attacked the kicker of his own team? So not only does your team have a shitty record you also have to physically abuse them too? SMH

He kicked him months ago. It think owner just became aware of it. I get the impression he's wanted to get rid of him for a while but didn't want to be on the hook for his contract.  This would allow his to fire Meyer "with cause" i.e. he wouldn't have to pay him the rest of his contract.

Yeah I think the kicking incident coming out was the final straw. Looking at all the reports, he's been a locker room cancer. Even with a worse record, the Lions still want Campbell and I don't even think they are considering getting rid of him. Good for the jags for getting rid of him sooner than later.

I saw a tweet of someone saying they'd love a 30 for 30 on the Florida Gators 2008 team and looking at the rooster with Meyer as the head coach, I'd love to see that too.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which one? The sideline scuffle or the multitude of "missed" penalties by the officials. I mean how do you spear a QB in 2021 and not get flagged? That would have gotten flagged in 1991.

I'm glad they missed all of those calls.  It would have just dragged that debacle out longer.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm glad they missed all of those calls.  It would have just dragged that debacle out longer.

I'm tired of the bush league officiating in the NFL. I watch less and less football each year and it, along with the legislating defense out of the game, are the reasons why. I hope the Rock can keep the XFL afloat when it comes back. That league has more transparency with officiating than pretty much any major sports league.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which one? The sideline scuffle or the multitude of "missed" penalties by the officials. I mean how do you spear a QB in 2021 and not get flagged? That would have gotten flagged in 1991.

I was talking about the whole game. Anyways you guys will probably let out all the frustration when you play the Eagles or Giants. I don't care about winning at this point because higher draft picks, whoo.

34 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Yea it's heating up. Brown provided screenshots today that show the coaches knew he was injured but still tried to force him to play. Apparently when he refused, the coach told him on the sidelines he was done AKA fired. This whole situation just messy

Terrible season for the Giants. I didn't think we'd be Super Bowl bound, but at least fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Then week one happened with the Broncos and all expectations fell down the toilet. Mara said Judge and Jones are here to stay and I'm actually willing to stick with Jones for another season since he actually played decently, he's been injured for like the last month so and all the premium offensive weapons were injured too. Also there's really no notable QB in the upcoming draft. Offensive line is bad too, but Burrow has a bad line and he's doing great. Judge isn't ready for a HC job. Eventually he might be, but as of now no.  

Being unbiased about it, Judge should have been fired as soon as the game is over not allowed on the plane. The dude is a bad coach and has no self awareness. If you are in the cellar and the team above you is a "clown show" then what does that say about the job your are doing. Putting my fan hat back  on. I speak for the rest of the NFC East when I say we welcome a third season of Joe Judge. Brian Flores seems to be the only coach from the Belichick tree that can actually coach.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
53 minutes ago, Lantis said:

But yeah, end the Big Ben farewell tour plz kthkbye

Yeah, the sports media may have forgotten but I didn't forget about him raping that college girl in the bathroom while his personal security stood outside the door. The hotel worker that accused him was full of shit, but that college girl wasn't. That shit was foul. Why was his old ass at a college club anyway?