Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

7 minutes ago, globe said:

Damn so many teams looking for a quarterback in the off season.

Steelers

Broncos

Buccaneers

Saints

Panthers (maybe)

Colts (maybe)

Texans (maybe)

WFT (maybe)

Eagles (maybe)

Packers  (maybe)

Vikings (maybe)

Browns (maybe)

Giants already said they were keeping Jones, I just hope they get a better back up this year.

Carolina and Washington are definites. It's a near certainty that the Giants are getting Trubisky. He knows Daboll's offense plus his skill set is similar to Jones. Both guys are athletic although I think Jones as the stronger arm.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Carolina and Washington are definites. It's a near certainty that the Giants are getting Trubisky. He knows Daboll's offense plus his skill set is similar to Jones. Both guys are athletic although I think Jones as the stronger arm.

Wasn't sure if Carolina was still going to try with Sam Darnold, with the hiring of Ben McAdoo not sure what they want to do. Same thing with Washington, not sure if they still want to try with Heinicke or if Fitzpatrick was going to take another crack at it if healthy. It's kind of funny that the Giants are just taking from the Bills (although they were also considering Flores), Trubisky will surely be better than Glennon (if they sign him).

I'm a Washington fan and I live in the Charlotte area. Panthers were trying to get Watson before the Trade Deadline. To top it off they gave Cam 4.5 million for a half a season. That tells you what they think of Darnold. Fitzpatrick was a rental and dude was near 40. He was always going to be a hold over until they got a young QB on the roster. Heinicke is well like but dude is a back up/bridge QB. He's younger and cheaper than Fitzpatrick so he can take the role that Fitz was going to have.  Rivera has already said "All options are on the table" when asked about acquiring a franchise QB after the season.

Bruh there is absolutely 0% chance WFT is rolling out with Heneicke next year.  ZERO.  He sucks (as a starter) and is a solid backup.  He will be a backup most likely on the team though, which I'm fine with.  It was VERY apparent after like week 10 or so that he simply does not have the tools to be an NFL starter.

Fitz probably is going to hang it up.  He's old and had a hip injury that most young people don't go back to being normal after.  

BUT ... this is WFT we are talking about here.  They are the most incompetent org in the NFL so you never know with this dumb ass team.

Edited by purbeast

Yeah, I am surprised more haven't done this. The Rooney Rule while noble intentions basically just has owners/front office guys pulling in brothers and folks of color for the interview with no intentions of them having a shot. Although I do wonder what he actually has that can prove it cause unless they were dumbasses and told him to his face or put it on the internet it is hard to prove.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, I am surprised more haven't done this. The Rooney Rule while noble intentions basically just has owners/front office guys pulling in brothers and folks of color for the interview with no intentions of them having a shot. Although I do wonder what he actually has that can prove it cause unless they were dumbasses and told him to his face or put it on the internet it is hard to prove.

Allegedly Belichick sent Flores a text congratulating him on getting the job three days before he was interviewed. He walked it back. So when whoever with the Giants told Belichick "Brian is getting hired" he assumed it was Flores. Belichick walked it back the text, but Flores put 2 and 2 together. They already decided on Daboll they were just "honoring" the rule.

Edit: Josh McDaniels getting a job says all you need to know about the "fairness" of the NFL hiring process for head coaches.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, globe said:

In other news, Brain Flores is suing the the Giants , NFL, and the Broncos for racial discrimination in NFL coach hiring.

He's also claiming that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100K a game to lose on purpose to get a better draft pick. WTF.

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-dolphins-head-coach-brian-flores-sues-nfl-three-teams-alleging-racist-hir

The improvement came even though, the lawsuit contends, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told Flores he would pay him $100,000 for every loss during the coach's first season because he wanted the club to "tank" so it could get the top pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, which was eventually used by the Cincinnati Bengals to select quarterback Joe Burrow.

For anyone interested in the Flores case. Here is the legal documentation. Belichick's text is quoted in it. Also you PFT is going on this. Florio's bringing up past quotes from league personnel that doesn't exactly help their case. Some of which aren't in Flores formal complaint.

PFT Article

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/01/brian-flores-will-use-nfls-past-words-practices-against-it/

Flores' Complaint Against The NFL

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Complaint-against-National-Football-League-et-al-Filed.pdf

Edited by Darc_Requiem
30 minutes ago, Gimpy said:

This might shed some light on the name being what it is. I understand why the dude did it (💰) but it was a low-key dick move.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/features/producers-picks/washington-nfl-team-name-change-trademarks-martin-mccaulay/65-39b31429-1b49-4e85-b0ee-cd8712ef1c9c

And I also agree with this tweet.

But they didn't even keep the burgundy and gold colors, except for an off shade of it in the one uniform.  The other two have nothing to do with burgundy and gold.

Fuck Jason Wright and his lying ass.  I can't stand that guy.  All he's done since he got here is lie to everyone and this was the last time I can take it.  

So fuck him and I hope he is gone but I'm sure he won't because he is a lying yes man, which Snyder loves.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

BOOOOOO-urns!

Edit: The only way this can be salvageable is if our mascot looks just like Cobra Commander, a Destro lookalike leads the marching band, and the Baroness lookalike becomes head cheerleader. 

Nope, you getting shoutouts to confederate commanders, or so I'm told.

article-10435-1.jpg

I would strongly advise changing teams. 🤣

Even my mom, who doesn't watch the NFL but has been able to follow the local sports bears due to news looked at the Smith hire for the Texans and called that a shame hire. No offense to Lovie but the Texans and the surprise hires under Cal have always been about someone's personal dealings and less about getting potentially the right guy. Not that I can say either McCown or Flores were going to be good picks either way with this team's other issues.