Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Here is footage of the horrible hit Bostic laid on Dalton. He was rightfully ejected and if he gets suspended, I won't care.

Damn he laid a terrible hit on that boy Andy. I don't get why some guys think going for those heavy hits when a QB is already sliding will somehow stop their momentum or make up for yardage the QB already got.

13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wentz may have been fool's gold. There is questioning his physical ability but he's not very durable and has become a turnover machine.

Wouldn't say Fool's gold, the whole offense seems to have injury issues. Based on just some highlights and the last game I can't help but notice he seems to want to make the turnovers when trying to make a play when he has no chance of getting it done because the defenders are already in his face.

A bad habit for a starter but outside of the running game I won't say he has much to work with to put it all on him.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, Wellman said:

A bad habit for a starter but outside of the running game I won't say he has much to work with to put it all on him.

Wentz definitely needs to work on his decision making. Like I get the o-like is trash, injuries having us down to 2/11 starters at one point, shotty play calling, etc. But some of the things he does are straight rookie mistakes. Dude absolutely refuses to throw the ball away. 

Example: On Sunday he’s scrambling and looking down field when there is a defender running straight at him. Dude eats a 10 yard sack instead of throwing it away for no reason. It was impossible for him not to see the defender coming and he just eats the sack.

He definitely has flashes of being great but his poor decision making is making him inconsistent. Nobody expects him to be Brett Farve with half our starters on the bench but I definitely expect our 100 mill qb to not make rookie mistakes every game. 

I will cut him some slack for playing under Dougs horse shit offense. We have no OC and Peterson calls plays the same way I did in Madden 05. 

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: WTF, The WFT can't BEAT THE GIANTS, I was wrong about Josh Allen
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Early games all on Fox Thanks to The Masters
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Miracle Murray Strikes Again! Texans still haunted by B.O.B's idiocy
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If I have not said it before, I'm going have to hold an L on Kyler Murray. I thought he should of played baseball. I was wrong. Damn he's killing it right now.

Same but honestly while the physical risk is greater, the NFL is the better option so long as you are either a generational talent or a QB, you can get paid fairly quick.  In baseball even if you are a number one the team's farm system/aberrations can bury you for years with just ok pay before you get your shot for big cash by balling out.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: FED EX Field Strikes Again, Best of luck to Joe Burrow
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: COVID TAKES OUT THE BEST THANKSGIVING GAME, RAVENS VS. STEELERS POSTPONED
35 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Damn, if it was early in the week I could understand getting a guy off the street but at this point, they should just cancel it.

Sucks for the players but it is the safest and most fair way to go.

They way COVID rules are, you can't really bring anyone in off the street. They'd have to clear COVID protocol which is 10 days IIRC.