Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

5 hours ago, globe said:

Well it's a win for the Giants, but it was sure ugly. Glad Daniel Jones injury wasn't too major so he should be good to go for next week.

God damn the Raiders got destroyed and the Buccaneers may be next.

Hamstring injuries tend to linger. Those an high ankle sprains are soft tissue injuries you don't want to get. If you aren't careful you can make things by worse by playing on it and not giving it enough time to heal.

Yeah I was looking more into it and I think it's probably best that Daniel sits out next match against the Seahawks. Let Colt McCoy get rough up by them. Out of all the remaining games that'll probably be the most unlikely win (unless the Ravens finally decide to wake up) so probably not best to rush Daniel.

30 minutes ago, globe said:

Yeah I was looking more into it and I think it's probably best that Daniel sits out next match against the Seahawks. Let Colt McCoy get rough up by them. Out of all the remaining games that'll probably be the most unlikely win (unless the Ravens finally decide to wake up) so probably not best to rush Daniel.

The WFT (Redskin) schedule is brutal the next few weeks. So if Jones to sit and heeal, the time would be now.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Falcons Blowout Raiders, 2020 Continues To Be A Year Of Lunacy
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: WTF, the WFT defeat the Steelers, Darc Requiem Medevac'd To The ER
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: WTF, the WFT defeat the Steelers, Darc Requiem Medevac'd to the ER
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Ravens route the Jaguars, TB12 escapes Atlanta with a win
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Jets say No to Trevor Lawrence, Steelers eek by Colts

Steelers are lucky Indy had two back tackles on their o-line. And they still barely won. They aren't going anywhere with that MIA running game. 

Side Note: Haskins is pure trash. Dude we signed last week nearly brought us back after replacing him with only 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. He's getting cut, no one is giving us even a conditional 7th round pick for him.

Edit: And he's been cut. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Playoffs are here! Miami wins 10 doesn't get in but the NFC East winner is sub .500

Yeah that front office is pretty terrible. About to lose Watt and potentially Watson. It is interesting to think where Watson would go. I think it'd be a pretty sweet Colts team if he was sent there, but there's no way since they are division rivals. There's also the Patriots, Washington Football team, Bears, Vikings, Steelers.

More "out of there" situations is with the Jags, their number 1 pick for Watson. That'd be crazy, but not happening. Also with the Dolphins, Tua + their 3rd pick for Watson. That's really out there and while Tua didn't have a great year I still think he did well, like damn I'm willing to give D Jones 3 years before thinking about trades.

But of course that's if the GM even considers the trade.

Also apparently the Falcons are thinking of shipping off Julio and Matt Ryan? I'd feel for Falcons fans, but I'm pretty sure a majority of them would not want Julio and Matt Ryan's careers wasted even more with the Falcons. Julio can go to the Jags and Trevor Lawrence can have his main weapon. Jags have money to be making a good team.

I don't think/ praying against Watson being traded but I have no idea what to expect from Texans organization these days.

You would think him working with his dad for almost two decades (more if you count the pursuit of getting the team) in the franchise plus whatever amount of time he had in business outside of it that Cal would know how to communicate with folk or at least not lie to them and then let them see you lied to them in a public manner. But he has done it to Watson, the media and fans multiple times since his father's passing has pushed him to the forefront, I can't blame Watson for potentially wanting out. We are literally looking worst then the Bengals and Jets in terms of leadership right now.

@WellmanIt speaks volumes when a guy like Watson is pissed. He isn't a "me" guy. I like in SC and saw him when he was in college. That guy is everything you want in a leader. J.J. Watt doesn't seem to happy either. I feel for Texans fans and I'm a fan of team that doesn't have a name.

Edit: I hope the Colts vs Bills game is an indicator for what type games we'll get this weekend. It came down to the wire. I thought the officials blew the call on that fumble though. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Pretty entertaining day of games. Washington may have found their new QB? We'll see how that plays out, but overall pretty entertaining. One of my picks for today was wrong. Seahawks lost. As for my picks tomorrow I'll go with Steelers, Saints, and Titans. If one of those is wrong then it'd probably be the Titans, although the Saints kind of cursed in playoffs so who knows. Either way looking forward to it.

If it weren't for COVID taking away their coach, I'd take the Browns over the Steelers. But it has. I think Big Ben is done. Steelers couldn't run the ball with Forrest Gump toting the rock. This is Brees' last shot. He's not Peyton Manning last season bad but he's clearly not the QB he used to be. I agree with you on the Saints though winning, I also agree that they seem to be snake bite. Titans and Ravens is a toss up. No clue who takes that one. Should be a fun one to watch though. Games, outside of the Rams/Seahawks, were really good today.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Bills Break Quarter Century Drought, Hawks Lay An Egg, and Brady Survives A Grad Student QB.

What is this terrible, terrible commentary team?

Wow someone actually streamed this terrible commentary team over the Nantz and Romo one? Glad I switched streams. Wow.

Hmm. But Romo is CBS. But this game is NFC. Does CBS get the NFC games now? I haven't been watching as much, this is just weird. I knew there were 2 extra WC games this weekend but this is just odd.

Edited by Serpent

Romo talking about taking the deep pass on that checkdown, but the WR was blanketed. I think I get why Romo threw so many INTs trying to win games. I mean I knew it already, that he'd try to do too much, but he practically admitted it there. Gunslinger in the same mold as Favre, and I do respect it, but wish more people would get what it means to go down swinging versus just checking down and losing, which a lot of the "better" QBs just do.