Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: NO DEFENSE ALLOWED

Two spots occupied for the Championships. Green Bay kind of made that Ram's defense look silly. Bills did what they had to do, Tucker missing those field goals made me feel like the Ravens were going to lose then the pick 6 sealed it.

Tomorrow should be fun, will the Browns get the upset? Who'll prevail between Brees and Brady? 

Personally I'm going with the Browns for the memes and I'll say the Saints get the clean sweep against the Buccaneers.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Chiefs Win But Mahomes KO'D, Allen Outshines Jackson in Bills Win, Bree's Hands Out Picks in Final Game
15 hours ago, globe said:

lol both my picks were wrong. Either way I hope Mahomes injury isn't too serious if it is then he should obviously sit out the next game. The back up didn't look too bad.

These NFC QBs are old, man.

Rogers isn't that old but yeah the AFC is run by them babies. Now that Brady went to Tampa.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:44 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Given how shitty Mike McCarthy did this year as Cowboys HC, I don't want to take the chance that Jason Garrett was good coach hampered by Jerruh. 

Naw, McCarthy is just trash. Green Bay literally was held together as a functional team for years by Aaron Rodgers' will alone.

Personally I think Haskins going to the Steelers is a terrible move. Not that I don't think he should get another chance, but with how that locker room is and how it's seems that Tomlin really doesn't do anything about the attitude some of the players have. I can see Haskins not giving a fuck once again.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: Old GOAT Meets New, Brady's Bucs vs Mahome's Chiefs In The Super Bowl
1 hour ago, Serpent said:

Game is usually close when it's Mahomes vs. Brady. Mahomes needs this badly though to have a chance at GOAT status. If Brady takes it, I don't think it's even possible to surpass him.

Mahomes is 25 not 35. If Brady can survive taking two Ls to Eli and one to Foles, Mahomes would be fine even with a loss to Brady. As long as he wins multiple championships he can potentially become the GOAT.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Mahomes is 25 not 35. If Brady can survive taking two Ls to Eli and one to Foles, Mahomes would be fine even with a loss to Brady. As long as he wins multiple championships he can potentially become the GOAT.

Brady's been to 10 of the things and would have won 7 there. It would be real hard to equal that, and especially if he has the L to Brady, who will eventually retire, it's a hard sell.

MJ needed to beat Magic to be MJ. Mahomes is going to have to beat Brady to be the GOAT.

I hope the Chiefs can find a stopgap solution with their O-line. Fisher not being there at LT means JPP and Barrett are going to feast. David and White aren't going to let Hill and Kelce run free across the middle, and the deep bombs aren't going to be there unless the Chiefs are in max protect.

26 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Brady's been to 10 of the things and would have won 7 there. It would be real hard to equal that, and especially if he has the L to Brady, who will eventually retire, it's a hard sell.

MJ needed to beat Magic to be MJ. Mahomes is going to have to beat Brady to be the GOAT.

Didn't Mahomes already beat Brady last season?

I mean I know it was a regular season game and people classify playoffs games differently (moreso when it's the SB), but still....

9 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Did Brady beat Montana when I wasn't looking. Football isn't basketball. Jordan and Magic actually played each other. They shared the same court. Brady and Mahomes don't guard each other.

I wasn't really paying attention when the Oilers were here to care about coaching hires but this has to be the most disappointed hiring of a black coach for my local team I have ever bore witness. I hope he proves me and everyone else wrong but it wreaks of exactly the amaetur level thinking as to why I can't even be mad at Watson for reportedly wanting out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The NFL Thread: The Super Bowl Is Here, Which "GOAT" Do You Got?