Stage Select

The MMA Thread: Cameroonian Nightmare Cracks Stipe, Francis "The Predator" Ngannou New UFC HW Champ!

1 minute ago, ajyou003 said:

He's booked for main event with Khamzat on the last card of the year now.

I know but that doesn't change anything I've said. They only put him back at number 3 after the Chimaev fight was booked. He's the number 3 guy, fighting an unranked opponent because the ranked guys won't man up and fight him.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I know but that doesn't change anything I've said. They only put him back at number 3 after the Chimaev fight was booked. He's the number 3 guy, fighting an unranked opponent because the ranked guys won't man up and fight him.

Oh yeah, definitely a big W for Khamzat to book that fight. He wins and he shoots up the rankings. No one wants to fight Khamzat as well because he's looking like a monster. At least it should make for an interesting fight.

• Darc_Requiem changed the title to The MMA Thread: The Diamond Shines at UFC 257
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The MMA Thread: The Diamond Shines at UFC 257, Turns Out McGregor's Lights
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

How was that scored a tko? He went night night lmfao 

TKO is any ref stoppage, I'm not even sure why they use that term since they're usually just classified officially as KOs anyway.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So can we finally say that McGregor is overrated without getting side eyed now? People were bending over backward claiming Nate Diaz was elite rather disparage McGregor. Dude is 1-2 at 155. 3-3 in his last six fights. And his only noteworthy win was Eddie Alvarez. 

Meh... He's not overrated imo. He has his nut huggers but he was Def the king for a very long time. 

Yeah but who was nates competition when he lost. It's easy to say this dude has a losing record but you gotta look at who they fought. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So can we finally say that McGregor is overrated without getting side eyed now? People were bending over backward claiming Nate Diaz was elite rather disparage McGregor. Dude is 1-2 at 155. 3-3 in his last six fights. And his only noteworthy win was Eddie Alvarez. 

McGregor's real strength was his promotional ability. Same deal with Rousey. In MMA smaller fighters and women didn't really sell until these two put those divisions on the map. Even now you often see people disparage the smaller fighters, despite the fact that obviously these smaller fighters would rip their heads off.

I don't know what UFC will do without them, their only other mainstream star remaining today is probably Jon Jones and he's crazy.

Conors mouth got him to the dance. But we can't suddenly forget what he did to two divisions top talent. He was for a long time a gawd damn assassin. The onyl two people who had a rise imo that insane have been Conor and Jones. They threw Jones to the wolves from jump. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Meh... He's not overrated imo. He has his nut huggers but he was Def the king for a very long time. 

Yeah but who was nates competition when he lost. It's easy to say this dude has a losing record but you gotta look at who they fought. 

I disagree. Dude has been living off his featherweight glory for years. Most people took Conor in this match. Look at who Dustin has fought since their first fight. Nothing but killers and he only got bopped by Khabib who bops everyone.  King's don"t vacate titles after never defending them in the first place. GSP is an all time great, welterweight king but he wasn't the middleweight king. He never defended his middleweight belt.  Conor was an elite featherweight. He shouldn't even be ranked at 155.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The MMA Thread: Cameroonian Nightmare Cracks Stipe, Francis "The Predator" Ngannou New UFC HW Champ!

A very brutal sport to watch, so I have mixed views on people hurting each other and rearranging their faces and ears like that.

On the other hand, I've thought about taking classes for MMA for impersonal reasons of self defense. Unfortunately, I have one bad shoulder, so I don't know how far I could go with this. It still have my interest nonetheless after this pandemic is over.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I'm not into MMA that much, but goddamn it looks scary when Ngannou sleeps someone. Like they got hit with a sledgehammer.

Not sure if it was UFC hype but they say Ngannou's punches have 96 hp. That's more than either of my first two cars. My 82 Ford Fairmount had 86hp. My 86 Cavalier had 85 hp.