Stage Select

The MMA Thread

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Interesting interview with GSP. He brings up what he made in the UFC. UFC pay still ain't great but I forgot how shitty it was. Dude fought Matt Hughes for the title and only got $9,000.

https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-us/magazine/gsp

Jeezus....im doing math in my head. State/country cut, plane rides for the team, teams cut, medical, food he prob got like $5000-6000 in the end 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, that's wack.

But he was allowed to sell ad space on his banner and shorts back then, so he got a decent check from sponsors. 

Still...

Yeah that's how so many fighters made money back to then. When Brendan shaub was on the tail end of his career this is a big talking point he made. He hated reebok because he lost so much money from ad revenue

Edited by Maxx
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The MMA Thread: MMA Legend Anderson Silva Beats Chavez Jr In Boxing In Mexico At His Own Father's Event
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I saw clips and people are saying that it should have been a unanimous decision. Most people that saw the fight had it either 6 rounds to 2 or 7 rounds to 1 for Silva.

I mean they lucky he even won... At Chavez srs event... In Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

Dana's cheap ass doesn't want to pay anybody. Weird part is Francis had already agreed to fight in September. He just got back to the US to start this training camp. Francis' manager basically asked Dana to provide any communication between he and Dana to back up this claims that they knew about interim title fight. I wouldn't hold my breathe. Jones asked for receipts from Dana about him asking for $30 million dollars. He hasn't provided those either. He can't because he's lying as usual.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Darc_Requiem changed the title to The MMA Thread: UFC 264 Diamond Shines as Conor Fades Away (Hopefully For Good)

Lmfaoooo ok tonight notes on maon card

-damn wonderboy.. I thought kt was closer the unanimous. Also blows to the back of the dome. 

-conors ankle died. God said no. Karma said whats up. 

-that post fight interview had me crying. Conor on the ground coked up whining. I cannot stop laughing 

-interesting thing with the olivera interview i was with s Brazilian friend. He was tellin me they were translating him fucked up... He was being sassy to the interviewer and they didnt say it like he did lol

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

-interesting thing with the olivera interview i was with s Brazilian friend. He was tellin me they were translating him fucked up... He was being sassy to the interviewer and they didnt say it like he did lol

I don't know Portuguese but I didn't think the translation matched what he was saying. Did your friend relay what he really said?

22 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't know Portuguese but I didn't think the translation matched what he was saying. Did your friend relay what he really said?

Yeah. The second question she asked he basically called her dumb for asking it. 

It was the question about had it gone into the second what did he think whay would hapoen. Basically saying what? Who knows anything could happen. 

Edited by Maxx
14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hook me up with a link and I can give you a quick summary if it's short. 

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

So kris is from my area. He lives like 20 min from my house.. I was trying to figure out if i ever trained with him. But hes def rolled with a bunch of my friends. Dudes got fucking heart. Get that kid some protein and head movement. 

He got that Ronda Rousey head movement bro, I was laughing the whole fight. 🤣

Edit: Conor getting smoked and salty is so good that it got me happy after... the previous sports event in the night.

Edited by Volt
20 hours ago, Maxx said:

So kris is from my area. He lives like 20 min from my house.. I was trying to figure out if i ever trained with him. But hes def rolled with a bunch of my friends. Dudes got fucking heart. Get that kid some protein and head movement. 

I can't read "head movement" without hearing Edmund Tarverdyan yelling it at Ronda while she's getting cooked by Nunes.

I think Sandhagen won that fight. 

TJ has a granite chin, I'll give him that, but he was getting picked apart and resorted to leaning him against the cage for half the fight without pushing the advantage. 

Honestly, it looked similar to the last Izzy fight imho. Sandhagen wasn't nearly as dominant as Izzy, obviously, but I still think he won that fight 3-2. 

Also, I'm biased, cause despite being in a sport full of meathead douchebags, TJ stands out as a pillar of meatheaded douche baggery and I don't like seeing him win. Especially like that 

• 2 weeks later...

@VoltWhen are gonna see you on Dana White's Contender series? You can be the first student of Maxxjitsu MMA 😉 All jokes aside, @Maxxis the dude to go to on this. He knows his shit. Just don't look at any of @iStu X's food pics when you are on a diet man. Dude be testing your will power.

Edit:

Random Megashocker: "Guys, I'm trying to get fit and lose some weight."

Stu: "Look at all the delicious food I just made."

Random Megashocker: 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Just don't look at any of @iStu X's food pics when you are on a diet man. Dude be testing your will power.

Edit:

Random Megashocker: "Guys, I'm trying to get fit and lose some weight."

Stu: "Look at all the delicious food I just made."

Random Megashocker: 😑

1) Thanks for saying  my food looks delicious. I appreciate it. I’m really self conscious about my cooking and baking skills. 

2)  All the food I’ve been posting since around May is food I’ve been eating while on my diet. You can make delicious food while dieting!

3) My secret to making delicious foods is that I sold my soul to learn something most white people will  never know: The power of seasoning. 

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, iStu X said:

1) Thanks for saying  my food looks delicious. I appreciate it. I’m really self conscious about my cooking and baking skills. 

2)  All the food I’ve been posting since around May is food I’ve been eating while on my diet. You can make delicious food while dieting!

3) My secret to making delicious foods is that I sold my soul to learn something most white people will  never know: The power of seasoning. 

Yeah you always posting delicious food fam. 👍🏾

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What an incredibly sad weekend for MMA.

Vitor back on the juice attempted to murder a grandpa then called out an amateur. The face of the sport trying to fight the soundcloud version of slenderman... Dear lord... 

At least tito got his ass got and silva is looking to make good money boxing. The only upside.