Stage Select

The MMA Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you would have told me Glover would be the UFC LHW Champ a few years ago, I would laugh. @MaxxDagestani's are the new Brazilians. Back in the day, when If first started watching UFC like...damn two decades ago, if you didn't know which fighter to pick. You went with the Brazilian because that's who would win. People just didn't have the BJJ chops back then. Dagestani wrestling/GNP is starting to seem that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

How was Dana's plans fucked up exactly? I've been out of the loop of MMA for awhile so I'm dying to know 😂

As usual he doesn't want to pay anyone. He spent the last year fucking Francis over. Because Francis wanted to get paid. There never should have been an Interim Title. Francis was in training at the time and was expecting a bout agreement. IIRC the fight last night was the last one on Francis' contract. So he's still champion and apparently can walk away. I thought he'd be subject to the "champions clause" but the way it's being reported, he isn't.

Edit: He's still subject to the Champions clause but if he waits a year, he'll be free to go.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

How was Dana's plans fucked up exactly? I've been out of the loop of MMA for awhile so I'm dying to know 😂

Lol the intertrim title fight was booked while francis was in contract negotiations with dana. It made absolutely no sense for them to do it. They've had guys gone for a year while still being champion... They booked the intrim title fight 2 months after Francis won it