Stage Select

The MMA Thread

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Yeah that shit was kinda WWE like. 1st a nut kick then get yourself in a choke? The last 3 fights of the night they lost because they choked if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Is Brock trying to go to the UFC again? Thought he retired from that? If anything, Bobby Lashley could probably win a few in the UFC.

Bones said his dream fight is against Brock thats why I mentioned him. 

Lashley had a decent record from what I heard about him in Bellator (I think he fought there, not sure tho)

On 3/5/2023 at 3:41 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

Yeah that shit was kinda WWE like. 1st a nut kick then get yourself in a choke? The last 3 fights of the night they lost because they choked if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Is Brock trying to go to the UFC again? Thought he retired from that? If anything, Bobby Lashley could probably win a few in the UFC.

Gane got out wrestled by Ngannou with one good leg. Bones outwrestling him and ending him is no surprise. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Since Wrestlemania was on this weekend, alotta people probably missed the Anthony Joshua fight on April 1st. The match started right before Wrestlemania started.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/36032299/anthony-joshua-got-win-did-make-statement-next-robeisy-ramirez

r1153097_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&s

Man AJ i don't what's going on in this man's mind. He definitely won this fight overall but geezus, he just looked so bored and plodded his way through this match with no sense of urgency. He  put in such a lackluster effort that you have to question if his heart is still in this game. He went a full 12 rounds with Jermaine and then has the balls to call out Fury and Wilder??

• 3 weeks later...

They had a content creators/streamers boxing card recently. This is also the same card where Johnny Nitro won his boxing match too:

https://bloodyelbow.com/2023/04/15/creator-clash-2-results-highlights/

Creator Clash 2 Quick Results

• Jack Manifold def. Dakota Olave (Unanimous Decision)
  • Jaelaray def. Abelina Sabrina (Unanimous Decision)
  • Dad def. AB Ayad “Starkilla” (TKO)
  • William Haynes def. Chris Ray Gun (TKO)
  • Alanah Pearce def. Mika (Split Decision)
  • Myth def. Hundar (TKO)
  • Hayley Sharpe vs. Marisha Ray (Unanimous Decision)
  • Arin Hanson def. Jarvis Johnson (TKO)
  • Michelle Khare def. Adrea Botez (Unanimous Decision)
  • CrankGameplays def. Leonheart (TKO)
  • John Ranadall Hennigan def. Harley Morenstein (TKO)
  • Alex Wassabi def. iDubbbz (Majority Decision

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 3:36 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

The "triple crown" has few members in it. Gable Steveson might be in it. And yes, Kurt Angle is in it:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11000705-gable-steveson-could-join-the-most-exclusive-club-in-wrestling

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10939304-2023-final-x-matchups

Some people will never know that Perc Angle was an absurdly good wrestler.

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Some people will never know that Perc Angle was an absurdly good wrestler.

A lot of hardcore pro-wrestling fans know. It his WWF run, they were always stories of how Kurt Angle bodying everyone in the locker room in actual wrestling. The only person that could give him any sort of challenge was Lesnar and Paul Wight. Paul Wight was just soo damned strong, I remember Angle remaking that if he was trained in the proper technique he'd be damn near unstoppable. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A lot of hardcore pro-wrestling fans know. It his WWF run, they were always stories of how Kurt Angle bodying everyone in the locker room in actual wrestling. The only person that could give him any sort of challenge was Lesnar and Paul Wight. Paul Wight was just soo damned strong, I remember Angle remaking that if he was trained in the proper technique he'd be damn near unstoppable. 

The BTS stories of Angle and Lesnar are kind of terrifying. Especially Lesnar. I sort of worry about whether a shotgun would stop him point blank. He is a true vanilla gorilla.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Someone in the youtube comment section commented on this video and owned for free:

Someone posted:

Seems to be the sensible consensus. I think everyone agrees that what DDP said wasn't racial, it was national (or I guess in this context it's probably continental). Adesanya grew up quite literally across the planet. How his family got there is obvious, and driving that narrative would make more sense for Adesanya than making it racial. What DDP said stands, and if Adesanya pivots a little bit while making the same point, his perspective can also stand. That would make for a cooler ideological rivalry.

On 7/15/2023 at 5:25 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

Well, since the boxing scene is in shambles (at least for the heavyweights). Yet here we are...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-12299445/Conor-McGregor-called-Wembley-showdown-Usyk-light-Fury-vs-Ngannou-announcement.html

Don't know how that's gonna happen. Is Usyk going to cut like 30 pounds?

He was joking. He was mocking Fury for fighting Ngannou instead of him. It says it in the article you linked.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gimpy said:

In the "Technique Thursday" file...

Poor kid got beat up but it was genuinely funny that when the shirtless guy started to lose his rhythm and fight funny he started cursing to make up for the goofy technique to save his manhood.

😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just caught ONE Fight Night 14. Angela Lee retired 😭

Congrats to Stamp, the best women's fighter in the world. What an amazing way to win the title. Ham Seo Hee almost had that, but Stamp is just comically good at fighting.

God, I love combat sports.

As a reminder to the fight fans, we have Islam v Oliveira, Fury v Ngannou, Pereira v Blachowicz and Jones v Miocic coming up this year. Hell of a final quarter we've had/are having this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else watch Fury vs. Ngannou? I was expecting Fury to cook a fish out of water Ngannou. I've never been happier to be wrong. Ngannou was tactical. He dropped Fury. And, most surprisingly. He had Fury gassing first. For all the talk of Ngannou possibly using some MMA tactics. It was Fury that actually landed an elbow that official missed. He kept initiating the clinch, which I thought was a bad idea, and it was. Ngannou had the advantage their. All respect in the world to Francis. He arguably won the fight. 

Dana White during the fight...

trey-tre.gif

Francis didn't fumble the bag, Dana did. Instead of getting a cut of this fight, like the UFC got with Conors, he got zilch. Francis is going to get other boxing fights after this and the UFC could have been getting their cut. 

DNgaLfjWsAUG0m-.jpg

On 10/29/2023 at 4:55 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Did anyone else watch Fury vs. Ngannou? I was expecting Fury to cook a fish out of water Ngannou. I've never been happier to be wrong. Ngannou was tactical. He dropped Fury. And, most surprisingly. He had Fury gassing first. For all the talk of Ngannou possibly using some MMA tactics. It was Fury that actually landed an elbow that official missed. He kept initiating the clinch, which I thought was a bad idea, and it was. Ngannou had the advantage their. All respect in the world to Francis. He arguably won the fight. 

Dana White during the fight...

trey-tre.gif

Francis didn't fumble the bag, Dana did. Instead of getting a cut of this fight, like the UFC got with Conors, he got zilch. Francis is going to get other boxing fights after this and the UFC could have been getting their cut. 

DNgaLfjWsAUG0m-.jpg

That was a great fight gone wrong. 96-93 on the second scorecard deserves an appeal which Ngannou won’t pursue, because he is that guy. He won’t make excuses even though he knows he won. That judge should be sent to an asylum and looked at by experts worldwide. The UFC also fucked up with Ngannou. Now if the PFL business model succeeds, PFL Africa will start thriving by 2030 and the face of MMA will change as we get beasts from that continent taking over. It’s going to be an interesting decade for MMA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...