Stage Select

The Netflix Thread: Broruto Requested, Megashock Approved!

I've seen both seasons. I thought the first season was great. Second season was so so. I'm really not feeling the actress they have playing Yennefer. They took some liberties in Season 2 and even as a Witcher novice I could tell something was off. I saw the "twist" for the second season coming a mile away. Henry Cavill and Freya Allan (Ciri) have been great though.

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've seen both seasons. I thought the first season was great. Second season was so so. I'm really not feeling the actress they have playing Yennefer. They took some liberties in Season 2 and even as a Witcher novice I could tell something was off. I saw the "twist" for the second season coming a mile away. Henry Cavill and Freya Allan (Ciri) have been great though.

I had 0 knowledge of the series going in. So I have no concept of how they shod act outside the series. 

I assume the twist is the dad but even so I'm confused by his statement. Is he taking credit for killing the baby or saying he ordered it.... Because if it's the ladder uh? 

I didn't see the twist coming til they literally said who could know about her.. But obviously it's someone family or her court related. But it brings up other questions how did he build an empire again without anyone noticing. 

Well just to be safe...

Spoiler

Eskel is a major character. He and Geralt are really close like actual brother's and they just kill off him randomly which isn't supposed to happen. It's a deviation from the source material and I don't get why. Not only did they kill him off with minimal screen time. They didn't even do a good job of portraying the type of characters he was. They had him acting like an asshole which is Lambert's thing. 

I don't get the thinking behind it. The showrunner said it because they wanted a major character to die for the effect on Geralt. She's seemed to overlook something significant. The only people that are going to know he's a "major" character are the people that read the books or researched the lore. So normies are going think he's just some random Witcher. Fans are going to be pissed that you killed off one of their favorites. Rationale doesn't make sense to me. For the general audience to know he's a major character, you'd have to actually spend the time building him up first.

20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well just to be safe...

Hide contents

Eskel is a major character. He and Geralt are really close like actual brother's and they just kill off him randomly which isn't supposed to happen. It's a deviation from the source material and I don't get why. Not only did they kill him off with minimal screen time. They didn't even do a good job of portraying the type of characters he was. They had him acting like an asshole which is Lambert's thing. 

I don't get the thinking behind it. The showrunner said it because they wanted a major character to die for the effect on Geralt. She's seemed to overlook something significant. The only people that are going to know he's a "major" character are the people that read the books or researched the lore. So normies are going think he's just some random Witcher. Fans are going to be pissed that you killed off one of their favorites. Rationale doesn't make sense to me. For the general audience to know he's a major character, you'd have to actually spend the time building him up first.

OH yeah I have no connection of that being major lmfao 

Same but despite what they say, I feel they are aiming this adaptation being based on the books at normies who are just watching the show and those like myself who only know the franchise from the third game and worked back. Although as Game of Thrones shows in later seasons going to far off the ranch for the less experienced audiences and to ease up your own workload can back fire.

I had a half day and binged through the whole day.

It was incredible.

Also called

Spoiler

Daniel recruiting Chozen

Just felt like that was the only direction that made sense given a Season 5 was coming.

Definitely the best season so far. The action sequences were just 10/10 the whole season.

Was not prepared for

Spoiler

Silver getting Stingray to frame Kreese. Nor was I really prepared for Miguel taking off to Mexico City after his dad, but they were definitely setting up for it with his talk with Daniel.

Also:

Spoiler

Fuck that entire guest appearance by Carrie Underwood. That was the only thing I can bitch about for Season 4 though. That felt so out of place and forced.

The Cobra Kai guys are wizards. They have delivered a consistently great show for 4 seasons now. 

Spoiler

I'm hoping Tory and Sam squash their beef next season. I liked the relationship Tory has with Sam's mom. I would like to see that continue. 

Though I can see Tory being even more self destructive in proving herself as her biggest achievement wasn't an earned victory.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:27 PM, Hawkingbird said:

The Cobra Kai guys are wizards. They have delivered a consistently great show for 4 seasons now. 

Hide contents

I'm hoping Tory and Sam squash their beef next season. I liked the relationship Tory has with Sam's mom. I would like to see that continue. 

Though I can see Tory being even more self destructive in proving herself as her biggest achievement wasn't an earned victory.

I have a feeling…

Spoiler

Tory’s involvement with Amanda drives a wedge between Daniel and Amanda. They’ve already been on such shaky ground since the first season once Daniel started going after Johnny. I sincerely thought they may split in Season 3 after the school fight and I still feel like they’re preparing to make that happen.

And you don’t think Kreese would prey on Amanda to do just that by mentioning Tory’s situation to her? Obviously he didn’t know Amanda’s background but he definitely knew she’d have more empathy than Daniel.

5 minutes ago, MP_ said:

I have a feeling…

Hide contents

Tory’s involvement with Amanda drives a wedge between Daniel and Amanda. They’ve already been on such shaky ground since the first season once Daniel started going after Johnny. I sincerely thought they may split in Season 3 after the school fight and I still feel like they’re preparing to make that happen.

And you don’t think Kreese would prey on Amanda to do just that by mentioning Tory’s situation to her? Obviously he didn’t know Amanda’s background but he definitely knew she’d have more empathy than Daniel.

Honestly

Spoiler

I don't see it that way. Once she explained why she did it and told him what she did he was on board. In fact, I think Tory is going to come clean about Terry bribing the ref. Which would endear her to Daniel more. I wonder about Sam though...that's where I see the wedge potentially forming over Terry. She already told Tory that she's basically going to make school life hell.

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly

Hide contents

I don't see it that way. Once she explained why she did it and told him what she did he was on board. In fact, I think Tory is going to come clean about Terry bribing the ref. Which would endear her to Daniel more. I wonder about Sam though...that's where I see the wedge potentially forming over Terry. She already told Tory that she's basically going to make school life hell.

Spoiler

If Tory does come clean, I think that’s where I could be wrong. I do think the bulk of the onlookers realized she was fighting clean the whole match and the elbow was accidental contact. But now if she doesn’t also fess up, she’ll never move forward.

I think she may end up going toward the board?

I do see where Sam could end up going down Tory’s path, but I think there’s a chance she started to get that that fight was supposed to get that all out, but who knows?

I’m also looking forward to the Robby arc now that he realized he couldn’t control everything. The fact that he hesitated on Hawk when he could’ve won was a nice move, but is he able to deal with his shit finally?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 6:06 PM, BornWinner said:

On one hand, I really like Scott Pilgrim and Bryan is confirmed to be writing.

On the other, I can never trust Netflix adaptations.

I'm far far faaaaar more confident in their animation departments then I am their live action. Most of their animations have been good to great. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

As long as they don't pull an Avatar and piss the creators off to the point they walk, it should be okay. When the original creators work on something it usually turns out well. 

I feel like with Avatar and maybe some of the other live action projects they adapt there is a certain executive that has a lot of clout and is a big fan of animation but has some screw loose in their head that makes them think they can do it better with CG and real actors. Hence all these live action adaptation projects.

23 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I feel like with Avatar and maybe some of the other live action projects they adapt there is a certain executive that has a lot of clout and is a big fan of animation but has some screw loose in their head that makes them think they can do it better with CG and real actors. Hence all these live action adaptation projects.

Well it's just crazy to me because we all saw what happened the last time the creators were "Ima head out" and Netflix still doesn't get it.

yeah I'm not sure what's the deal... I'm thinking they missed the boat at this point, which is a problem with shows where kids are the main cast....they messed around and waited so long the kids are basically grown at this point.  

Quick internet research---yeah, Finn Wolfhard is 19 now, and Millie Bobby Brown is 17.  If the characters are still little kids in the story, hopefully they've already shot the season; these people are about college age.

edit---ah, this summer, actually:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/6/22765226/stranger-things-4-netflix-trailer-eleven-netflix-release-date

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Season 5 is full of surprises and I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah, I just ran into another "suprise". This shit goin left real fast

Spoiler

And ol boy admitted he lied to the police, Kreese didn't need to stage a breakout 😂

Edited by HD-Man
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yeah, I just ran into another "suprise". This shit goin left real fast

Reveal hidden contents

And ol boy admitted he lied to the police, Kreese didn't need to stage a breakout 😂

I liked how...

Spoiler

They used the Young Kreese actor for the Prison Brawl. It was cool and a good way to hide that Martin Kove couldn't pull of that sequence.