Stage Select

The Streaming Thread: Let's Be Real, Not Everything Is On Netflix

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Yeah that is the problem with serial tv folks who grow to like a character will make excuses of try to defend them as being not as bad they are. Hell I have done it from time to time, grew up watching soap operas in the summer with my mom when she was home and I still do try to catch episodes whenever I am off, a bunch of the most popular characters on those shows (General Hospital especially) straight up need to be in jail or under mental evaluations for their actions but they stick around cause the actors are hot/charismatic or just great actors who can make weak scripts decent.

Dean Winchester does kill it as Soldier Boy, so I can get ppl loving his character, so u definitely got a point.

But there's a distinction between being entertained by a character and thinking the character is a good person. Dude is racist, misogynistic and homophobic, he's is far from being an OK guy in the show 

Man there are tons of villains I love, they are fantastic characters....but they are characters, not gonna sit here and defend the shitty things they do, especially when the shitty things they do are part of what make them great characters. Still shitty people. 

I love Lezard Valeth. He's an absolute snake and disgusting individual and if he was real I'd want him buried under the jail, but as a character? Man he's fucking amazing. 

The problem with people who relate to SoldierBoy and Homelander is that they are shitty people and see who they want to really be in characters like Homelander and SoldierBoy. They don't see the message The Boys is giving because they don't agree with it in the first place. They think guys like Homelander and SoldierBoy are right. They are the "Thanos was right" people except they aren't joking. 

Edited by RSG3
13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

That's a good choice for them business wise.

Do any of the other services have whole seasons uploaded all at once? 

I like the whole season at once style, but I guess I'm in the minority lol

Binge model i think is purely netflix. I think they realized finally its cool for some series bur you fuck alot of natural growth and interaction over a series due to a season dump. They wanna feed those algorithm demons so badly this isnthe best way to do it. 

39 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Disney proved that weekly episodic is still very much a thing people want as not everyone has time to bing an entire season the week it drops or whatever. 

Also the weekly episodic drip creates more buzz for their exclusive/original content in the long run. 

You get to speculate and talk about a series over a week period. Creates more fun and community engagement online. 

14 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

That's a good choice for them business wise.

Do any of the other services have whole seasons uploaded all at once? 

I like the whole season at once style, but I guess I'm in the minority lol

I prefer to have the whole season at once because I typically only get a few days per month without the kids where i can watch more mature content. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Like...does anyone actually play that game? I've never heard anyone talk about it....just the plugs lol. 

Many mobile games have deals where you get huges amounts of currency of the game for finishing "missions" that are basically playing and getting to a certain point on another game.

1 game that I have seen as part of said missions is Raid, where for example, you plan an X anime game on your phone, and they will give you the equivalent of $120 of the in game currency for playing and reaching level 20 on Raid in a certain amount of time, which usually involves playing it and maybe spending like $10 to $20 to manage to do it.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Many mobile games have deals where you get huges amounts of currency of the game for finishing "missions" that are basically playing and getting to a certain point on another game.

1 game that I have seen as part of said missions is Raid, where for example, you plan an X anime game on your phone, and they will give you the equivalent of $120 of the in game currency for playing and reaching level 20 on Raid in a certain amount of time, which usually involves playing it and maybe spending like $10 to $20 to manage to do it.

Your just talking gacha basics lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha. 

Spoiler

Sam Neil getting cucked by by Cillian Murphy is some funny ass shit. Should have stayed with Laura Dern you bitch

he’s about to go on some Agent Kohn from SOA shit

Spoiler

I was waiting for Sam Neil to bust in the entire time Tommy and Grace were fucking to be like “you see the hollow bones of her vertebrae? Just like a bird. The word grace even means WHORE WHO PREYS!”

Edited by iStu X
17 hours ago, Genghis_Dong said:

Anyone else watching house of the dragon? This last episode is up there with the best GoT episodes imo.

I know that it's easier to have a high level of quality when you've had a few years to work on a single season, but right now the average episode quality blows GoT out of the water.

7 hours ago, iStu X said:

Likely A thousand years late to the party but Peaky Blinders is some good shit

I tried the first season of Peaky Blinders back when it was brand new, and it just couldn't get any traction with my interest.  I have heard it got way better though.

HotD:

I know this is a GRRM problem, but anybody else bugged that Daemon and Aemond, who are each side's respective badass and who will obviously end up fighting each other at some point, have names that are barely even anagrams of each other?  

Oh look, they moved the 'D' to the end of the word.  It's almost as bad as Drogon the dragon.

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

but it takes a while for things to take off

This has never really bothered me about shows as I love slow burn story telling *glares in comic books and jrpg’s*. The only time it really bothers me is when I feel the pace doesn’t match the story it’s trying to tell or vice versa. 

Peaky Blinders being a slow burn with big crescendo’s every 2-3 episodes is perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Reticently said:

HotD:

I know this is a GRRM problem, but anybody else bugged that Daemon and Aemond, who are each side's respective badass and who will obviously end up fighting each other at some point, have names that are barely even anagrams of each other?  

Oh look, they moved the 'D' to the end of the word.  It's almost as bad as Drogon the dragon.

Can't expect an incestous family to creative fam 😉

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Aight, so who's seen the season finale of House of the Dragon? We ready to talk about the season. 

Lot's of tactical errors on the kid's part at the end of that episode.  He should have just bounced once he saw that his uncle was already there, come back tomorrow.

Second biggest mistake was not just saying "Sir, I will marry all three of your daughters right here and right now".

45 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Lot's of tactical errors on the kid's part at the end of that episode.  He should have just bounced once he saw that his uncle was already there, come back tomorrow.

Second biggest mistake was not just saying "Sir, I will marry all three of your daughters right here and right now".

Nah, that would have been a bad move. The promise of his arranged marriage to his cousin helped resolve the Driftmark conflict between the Targaryens and Velarions. Not worth losing their fleets for the Baratheons. I agree though, he should have dipped once he saw Aemond. Hell didn't he see Vhagar before he walked in? He should have noped out right then. 

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The promise of his arranged marriage to his cousin helped resolve the Driftmark conflict

That is, of course, absolutely correct.  Probably would have gotten him out of his immediate problem though, lol.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hell didn't he see Vhagar before he walked in? He should have noped out right then.

Oh yeah, Vhagar was not being subtle about it.  Later on, he probably could have stayed down in those narrow cliffs until Vhagar fucked off too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I had to check and see what is up with that next Stranger Things season... they aren't even filming it until next year?!

https://www.popbuzz.com/tv-film/stranger-things/season-5-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/#:~:text=1 Stranger Things 5 episode 1 will be,Will Byers as the main focus. More items

...so *apparently* it won't even be out until 2024 😞 

Y'know, with story of kids being the main characters on a show like this... that can be an obvious problem there.  These actors are already college-age people at this point.  season 5 will have some old-looking "kids" then.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

So I had to check and see what is up with that next Stranger Things season... they aren't even filming it until next year?!

https://www.popbuzz.com/tv-film/stranger-things/season-5-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/#:~:text=1 Stranger Things 5 episode 1 will be,Will Byers as the main focus. More items

...so *apparently* it won't even be out until 2024 😞 

Y'know, with story of kids being the main characters on a show like this... that can be an obvious problem there.  These actors are already college-age people at this point.  season 5 will have some old-looking "kids" then.

At least they won't get done like Walt from Lost since they are the main characters.