Stage Select

Soul Calibur Thread - Return of Neclord's Waifu

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Just realized i forgot to add the OC gallery, wich probably is my favourite after the SC Universe recreation ones, tons of stuff

= WARRIORS & MONSTERS: Teh Gatsu’s OC Temple =

Primo work. I have a few OC's but those more to flesh out characters that i couldn't draw. Some of my books characters or some of my Street Fighter concept characters. I'll see have to try to put them together somewhere.

I just thought about it. I could have just copied these to my thumb drive instead of sharing them to my Twitter. Oh well. Here are a few of my OC's. Not exactly what I envisioned but a rough idea of what a few of my book characters look like.

Deinov Brazenwind

31 years old

6'2 220lbs

Race: Artcan-Vekinsali Hybrid

FJEYvt-WUAYd-Mp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FJEYyW0XEAkFE0-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Asidio D'Esherhault

61 years old

5'6 125lbs

Race: Vekinsali

FJEbZHqXsA8VMc2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FJEbHO6XsAQk4aQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Khalia Tiamar*

27 Year Old

5"11 165lbs

Race: Zoazi 

*Hasn't Appeared In My Book series yet, based on my old Everquest 1 Erudite Paladin

FJEZSQvXsAgF_JM?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FJEZWbrXMAI9ayC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Deinya D'Esherhault (Brazenwind)**

20 years old

5'8" 153lbs

Race: 1/4 Arctan, 3/4 Vekinsali

**Future daughter of Deinov and Asidio. Book 3 Character....haven't finished book 2 to yet.  😑

FJEby6iX0AcY3VX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FJEbtlNWQAQs8Rs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 1/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Someone has a problem but he shall remain nameless 👀

20220117183700_1.thumb.jpg.4d8fc26d54f9722c2402134ad05105df.jpg

20220117183735_1.thumb.jpg.ab865610a1f6209bbcaa1dc1cabfc832.jpg

20220117183828_1.thumb.jpg.43f6ba0199ca710cc690e09232f5c131.jpg

20220117183745_1.thumb.jpg.7830ab5b0247c0c86e5d793635e11fb9.jpg

All these custom characters pale in comparison to that gorgeous stage they're on. Can I just have glamour shots of the stage in that golden sunset light? What's the backstory on the stage? How old is it? Do you think the stage would like me if we met IRL?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

i think it's a good job and  mostly you're there, see what you can do with sticker work but once you reach the max of stickers/3d items there is'nt much you can do beyond optimize stuff you already did to free slots 

My2cent next move i would do if i was you would be use "blue pocket" stickers turned black-light gray to add silver buttons and simulate the cloth to be vertically divided in two parts... done on both jacket and waist cloth will allow you with 4 stickers to add 8 buttons and create the illusion the two items are same long jacket

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

i think it's a good job and  mostly you're there, see what you can do with sticker work but once you reach the max of stickers/3d items there is'nt much you can do beyond optimize stuff you already did to free slots 

My2cent next move i would do if i was you would be use "blue pocket" stickers turned black-light gray to add silver buttons and simulate the cloth to be vertically divided in two parts... done on both jacket and waist cloth will allow you with 4 stickers to add 8 buttons and create the illusion the two items are same long jacket

I appreciate the insight. I wish their was good skull accessory option. I was going to fake them with the Jack O' Latern's but you can't shrink them to a small enough size. 

38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I appreciate the insight. I wish their was good skull accessory option. I was going to fake them with the Jack O' Latern's but you can't shrink them to a small enough size. 

I think the mini voldo-mask as you did is the best option you had, would have done the same

Maybe you can see if you can manage to change the face (nose-mouth-chin) texture switching from flat silver to the skulls texture to make it fit someway

If is of any help i remember i did domething similar (used only chin part of voldo-mask) recreating Dampierre, who had similar size golden skull on stomach area, i think you can do the same, hiding the "blade+spiderweb" upper part inside the body (hip) and leaving out just the smooth chin part you need

But can't help much because i've no more SC on my PS4

Edit: here the pic (think you can zoom clicking on it)

https://8wayrun.com/attachments/1590855522448-png.75611/

I know a zoom pic on the detail would have helped more, but as said got no SC at the moment 😅

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIII took your concept but went with a different motif. If you try to use the pockets it leaves an outline. You can't make them solid black with just the buttons. I had already used to two stickers to give them a black glove on one hand to go with a white one on the other. That said, I figured out a way to get 12 buttons out of the remaining 6 sticker slots. You'll probably figure out how I did it. I mean this with all sincerity. You are the best Soul Calibur Create A Soul maker I've ever seen.

Edit: Oh I applied a pattern to the Voldo masks. It allowed me to get the bone grey look I was going for. It was the only way I could think of to get rid of the "metallic" hue any color had on them.

rjTdShh.jpg

ilNl5Lc.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@CESTUS IIII tried my hand Black Widow.....one came out fine. Her original look though....it's really bad. Been to consumed with Fire Emblem Three Hopes to try to do something more acceptable.

Nice 👍

Personally character creation wise i'm starting to pray for SF6, in particular 3 points

1. Pls be good and various to the point i can do good char recreations
  2. Pls make the char playable (even just offline) like Ace was, with big editing on moveset
  3. Pls give me multiple slots, i can turn this shit into most epic SF cast

🕯️ 🙏 🕯️

2 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Nice 👍

Personally character creation wise i'm starting to pray for SF6, in particular 3 points

1. Pls be good and various to the point i can do good char recreations
  2. Pls make the char playable (even just offline) like Ace was, with big editing on moveset
  3. Pls give me multiple slots, i can turn this shit into most epic SF cast

🕯️ 🙏 🕯️

Oops, edited my post to add Rainbow Mika version 2 and I see your response. I agree. If SF6 has a decent character creator, it'll will be worth it regardless. I've spent more time in the creator than the actual game for SC6 at tis point.   I'm much more proud of my second rendition of Rainbow Mika. I thought my original was good then I went back and looked it.....it's awful. I've gotten so much better at the creator. Didn't realize how much until now.

• 5 weeks later...

I simultaneously loved and hated that game. IIRC it was the first fighting game with DLC characters, so thanks a lot, Namco.

But it was also the last Japanese fighting game that really looked truly "next-gen" when it came out. Visually it was absolutely spectacular at the time, even more so than SC1 was back in the day IMO. And I suppose it was also the birthplace of Hilde, who eventually turned out to be my favourite fighting game character with her SCV iteration. It's unfortunate they changed her so much in 6 that I hated playing her in that game.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sensei @CESTUS III, I need an evaluation from the expert.

FcTnyz0X0AInx4t?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FcTnzL-X0AE3yp7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FcTnziQWYAE8-wR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

i think it's pretty good, only things i can think are 

-you can use the blue pocket sticker to do the black parts on legs, it will add the special effect to give the illusion it's truly an extra layer 

-if you have more sticker slots left, a black triangle in the middle of the bra may simulate the split top and the black part (the "body" of the spider) that Juri got there... without stickers you can probably obtain same result using patterns 

Great job 👍

19 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

i think it's pretty good, only things i can think are 

-you can use the blue pocket sticker to do the black parts on legs, it will add the special effect to give the illusion it's truly an extra layer 

-if you have more sticker slots left, a black triangle in the middle of the bra may simulate the split top and the black part (the "body" of the spider) that Juri got there... without stickers you can probably obtain same result using patterns 

Great job 👍

I'll have to see any if I have any sticker slots left to try you bra idea. As far as the pants go I used all the slots already. All the black you seen on the pants are from four black triangle stickers. The pattern I used was solid but it didn't allow for me to get the look I was going for. I tried without stickers but none of the patterns quote worked for me. So I used the triangles to compensate.

@CESTUS IIII didn't have any sticker slots left. That said, I thought a lot about the bra area. I tried to use a pattern to get the illusion you were going for in a different way. Now there are "8 legs" on the the spider. Before it seemed like only 4 legs. So I tried to simulate an additional four a best I could. I fiddled with a few patterns but this one seemed to do the job best IMO.

FcfvTWgXgAI0F5c?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fcfv6OjWIAQmcLO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Darc_Requiem

@CESTUS IIIGot bored and decided to So....

Kid: "I want Metroid."

Mom: "We got Metroid at home."

7FRNsWf.jpg

zkk9mRr.jpg

uuuGv4B.jpg

LAv6nrh.jpg

I could have made a better Zero Suit but I wanted to I wanted to make a Varia Suit Samus that armor broke into Zero Suit. Edit: I also gave her 2B's move set. So you when you do the suicide special she goes from Varia Suit Samus to Zero Suit Samus 😃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Finally got my fiber hooked up so I'm down to play some SoulCal VI sometime if anyone else is up for it! Does the game have lobbies or is it just 1v1 rooms?

I've been training Haohmaru the most but Raphael was always my main in the other games and he feels a lot better in VI than he did in IV.

SCVI has lobbies. Which platform are you on?  We used to get a Megashock lobby together on PS4/PS5  back in the day. I have the game on PC, as well. Not sure about anyone else. @Hecatomwas a staple. We had quite few others. @TWINBLADESand @Mattatsuplayed. There were a few others but my soon to be 44 year old brain's memory isn't what it used to be 👴🏾